Slavic migration to the Empire.

Mongol Federation

The sun was just setting as the 1st flight of Slavic refugees arrived at Caracas International Airport (CIA) to take advantage of the open borders. As they entered the terminal, Land Inca Security Force (LISF) personnel were on hand to process them. Unfortunately, only a few dozen refugees were expected, not the 5 full flights and they were quickly overwhelmed. As the situation reached a critical point, 1 Imperial Citizen shouted out, "Are we Inca or Slavs? This is the New Inca Empire!"

Following this outburst, a spontaneous anti-Slav protest broke out, quickly spreading throughout CIA and becoming violent in areas. The LISF moved quickly to move the refugees out of the danger zone as the Caracas Police Department (CPD) moved to contain the protest which was steadily evolving into a xenophobic riot.

This is a truly unfortunate unfolding of events. These people have been under so much stress and hardship already, but to have to go through the xenophobia that exists in the New Inca Empire, this is especially troubling in seeing riots unfold about this. I do not wish to make brash statements, however this action is well beyond any relief efforts that the White Cross can provide and enters into the realm of security. Your Excellency, if your people can not take care of these refugees from xenophobic riots then I suggest you transfer the replacement of these people to a nation that can handle this humanitarian promise. The Hansa will accept these refugees if you cannot hold them, in addition, though I do not speak for them, Viniland is extremely welcoming to the disenfranchised.

The riots have been contained to CIA and the the refugees have been removed. I'd hardly call that a failure to control the situation. In addition to this, the Slavic Relocation and Employment Act announced earlier today has been met by praise. However, if we do lose control, we will gladly work to move them to Hansa or any other nation that will have them.

OOC: Just wondering, did Justinian approve of your nation having a significant amount of people hailing from his nation?

OOC: No but we're only talking about 500 or so at this point. I'd hardly call that 'significant'. Also when a nation bleeds refugees, especially due to war, said refugees tend to go wherever they are welcomed, regardless of whether their leaders approve or not. Besides I know Justen, though he may not know my pre re-roll ID, I don't think I told him. :P

To deal with the unexpected influx of refugees, more LISF personnel have been deployed to CIA and an entire wing of the terminal has been set aside for them. To house and feed them, all local hotel rooms, payed at double the going rate, have been commandeered by the New Inca Government and military chefs, known for their flavor filled LISF menus, have been tasked with keeping them feed.

Yesterdays protest/riot has also been suppressed and the public outcry has been widespread.

Molakia will welcome any Slavic brothers with open arms!

Do you really think they would wish to go to a nation that participated in their nation's demise? You may get a few, but we doubt many will take your offer.

I did not think the Incan Empire to be a nation of racists.

In case you haven't noticed, the government is not supporting these protests. Applying the racist label to everyone in the nation is a little much.

In case you haven't noticed, the government is not supporting these protests. Applying the racist label to everyone in the nation is a little much.

Indeed, just as applying the label of finance-ignorant and donkey brained animals to all of Promised Land when their government is such is unfair.

Indeed, just as applying the label of finance-ignorant and donkey brained animals to all of Promised Land when their government is such is unfair.

Apparantly you missed the memo. The payments have resumed, as you would know if you bothered to check your accounts. But apparently that is beneath you.

OOC: Just wondering, did Justinian approve of your nation having a significant amount of people hailing from his nation?

ooc: I don't mind, they're not my people anymore. Before they war they generally disapproved of Nordland, and it's hard-line nationalist reincarnations. Without Slavorussia they're bound to flee in mass numbers to other countries.

In related news the Slavorussian/Zamiran Imperial family needs a new home, I think perhaps I'll rp a government in exile, just to occupy some of my free time.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

ooc: I don't mind, they're not my people anymore. Before they war they generally disapproved of Nordland, and it's hard-line nationalist reincarnations. Without Slavorussia they're bound to flee in mass numbers to other countries.

In related news the Slavorussian/Zamiran Imperial family needs a new home, I think perhaps I'll rp a government in exile, just to occupy some of my free time.

OOC: You're welcome to stay in my nation. I'm a bit further south then I used to be but whatever. :P

We have stated nothing about the government of the Incans, rather we have merely stated that the nation, who is protesting against the Slavic race, against the Nordic race, is filled with racism due to such protests. It is similar to the fact that the government of Promised Land is filled with a bunch of fools and cowards who could not muster the intelligence nor the courage to leave her own shores with a musket.

"Where did we mention in our official statement about the payment methods between your nation and ours?"

It is the only logical conclusion that this is what you referred to when you mentioned finances, as that was the only action of such nature taken during the war.

We have stated nothing about the government of the Incans, rather we have merely stated that the nation, who is protesting against the Slavic race, against the Nordic race, is filled with racism due to such protests. It is similar to the fact that the government of Promised Land is filled with a bunch of fools and cowards who could not muster the intelligence nor the courage to leave her own shores with a musket.

Whereas you have so much courage and smarts that you can attack an unprepared and nearly defenseless enemy.

Slavorussia Town, a name given to the tourist region that the government had chosen to house the refugees, was abuzz. Wild Rumors that a cargo ship filled to capacity with their compatriots was at anchor outside Imperial Territorial Waters had spread like wildfire. Was there really 5,000 Slavs on board? Where they really an evacuated Slavorussian army? Was the Imperial Government really going to incorporate them into the LISF? All that was known was that a ship with a 'special cargo' was to enter the Empire once the new Harbor Master (OOC: I executed the old one. :jihad: ) cleared it, an act that was expected within a day or so.

The wait was over and the ship was finally entering the Imperial Port in Caracas.

MOM998_KENYA-UKRAINE-SHIP_0.jpg

As the ship began docking, men and women, all waring breathing masks, began to emerge from the ship. It was clear to all with a clear view that they were indeed Slavs and that something toxic was being transported in the hold of the ship.

OOC: At this point even I don't know what it is as I've not decided what is is yet but it's definitely a weapon of some kind. Should it fall into the princes hands (not to be used on me, I have another RP planed) or should my gov't retain control?

OOC: At this point even I don't know what it is as I've not decided what is is yet but it's definitely a weapon of some kind. Should it fall into the princes hands (not to be used on me, I have another RP planed) or should my gov't retain control?

OOC: Have a small fight over it, a fight that nearly sets it off--but I think the government should be able to retain control.

OOC: Have a small fight over it, a fight that nearly sets it off--but I think the government should be able to retain control.

OOC: At the moment it's in my hands and the rebels have been forced into hiding, so it's unlikely a fight will fit the situation. A spy in my gov't granting access to a rebel special ops team would likely be the way it goes down. But as I said, I've no idea what it is, so is it worth the rebels even taking? I'm thinking it's a biological or chemical weapon due to the breathing masks.

Edited by New Inca Empire

OOC: At the moment it's in my hands and the rebels have been forced into hiding, so it's unlikely a fight will fit the situation. A spy in my gov't granting access to a rebel special ops team would likely be the way it goes down. But as I said, I've no idea what it is, so is it worth the rebels even taking? I'm thinking it's a biological or chemical weapon due to the breathing masks.

OOC: Well, whatever you think works the best. But Chemical weapon is more likely than biological, I believe. Chemicals is what Gas masks are made to filter out, to the best of my knowledge. Biological could infect in other ways.

OOC: Not if it was in the cargo hold and if the air masks were for safety reasons.

OOC: Yes, I suppose if it's simply a precaution it might work...still, I'd put the refugees through decontamination to be on the safe side.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder