Ex-Nordreich members

hizzy

I became a member of Norden Verein not long before we were destroyed because of our flag. :wacko:

As ridiculous as that war was, I had alot of fun in NoV

Too bad you didn't get a chance to be in Nordreich. NoV was never anything but a reminder of Martens failures as a leader and ability to be led by greater powers. NoV should never have existed.

Nordreich, however, was a great alliance in its prime. I was the first foreign ambassador come over to NoR after the merger that formed them. We signed Polar's first non-NPO MDP. I had a lot of good times there and I will always remember the place quite fondly. It is a shame that its name has been tarnished by lies, propaganda, and the creation of Norden Verin.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What bravery. :P

EDIT: Before you take that the wrong way, I know NoR was on the frontline of several wars. You guys aren't scared of a fight even if victory isn't assured.

Like I said, I respect you commies likewise for going into fights with grim odds.

EDIT: RandomInterrupt, you are too right. I was one of the Nordreichers who went into the Western Imperium after the original Reich died, and did everything I could to spite NoV. No offense to the Martens of the now, but he was too easily scared. We almost didn't aquire the PrF. We ended the Maroon War too early, which pissed off our allies to no end. And so on, so on.

Also, why not come over and chill? B)

Edited by Der Fuehrer

Altough I like Martens as a person, the best kaiser Nordland ever had was Magnus Nordir. Some had the feeling he wasn't active enough to be leading, but he was around when he was needed and oversaw everything. It's no surprise that Nordreich reached its peak under his leadership.

NoV should never have existed.

I think that's kinda harsh. Obviously they were two completely different entities and the argument that NoV was a shadow of NoR is certainly a credible one, but NoV (and SoM for that matter) was still a strong community of like minded people learning and growing together in the best way they knew how. That certainly deserves some credit.

I think that's kinda harsh. Obviously they were two completely different entities and the argument that NoV was a shadow of NoR is certainly a credible one, but NoV (and SoM for that matter) was still a strong community of like minded people learning and growing together in the best way they knew how. That certainly deserves some credit.

This is true... Norden Verein tried very much to carry on the same torch and sense of community that Nordreich had, but it was simply an unrealistic goal. After the split, it was just something that would never be the same. Much like having the OoO dissolved, having that fraction within Nordreich caused irreparable damage.

NoV still pushed it to the limit though. We fought on 6 (maybe more? I forget) fronts, outnumbered and outgunned even while the rest of ~ was winning. I had to launch the first nuke at BAPS simply because there was nothing else I could do... I was fighting 3 wars, with 2 nukes on hand... incidentally 2 guys sent me a message asking me to surrender, so I found the perfect reply lol.

This is true... Norden Verein tried very much to carry on the same torch and sense of community that Nordreich had, but it was simply an unrealistic goal.

I don't even know if it was that dramatic. Norden Verein just wanted to exist with their theme, members, and, community in one piece. Living up to Nordreich was obviously on the minds of many but simply existing together as one was enough to many more NoV members.

NoV still pushed it to the limit though. We fought on 6 (maybe more? I forget) fronts, outnumbered and outgunned even while the rest of ~ was winning. I had to launch the first nuke at BAPS simply because there was nothing else I could do... I was fighting 3 wars, with 2 nukes on hand... incidentally 2 guys sent me a message asking me to surrender, so I found the perfect reply lol.

Go big or go home eh?

Like I said, I respect you commies likewise for going into fights with grim odds.

EDIT: RandomInterrupt, you are too right. I was one of the Nordreichers who went into the Western Imperium after the original Reich died, and did everything I could to spite NoV. No offense to the Martens of the now, but he was too easily scared. We almost didn't aquire the PrF. We ended the Maroon War too early, which pissed off our allies to no end. And so on, so on.

Also, why not come over and chill? B)

Haha. If you guys hadn't ended the Maroon War, I'm fairly sure that LUE and NAAC would have come to our aid. Which would have started GW 2 a few months early, before the formation of the Initiative, if I'm not mistaken. So who knows how it would have turned out.

Haha. If you guys hadn't ended the Maroon War, I'm fairly sure that LUE and NAAC would have come to our aid. Which would have started GW 2 a few months early, before the formation of the Initiative, if I'm not mistaken. So who knows how it would have turned out.

We had GOONS and NpO on our side, so we would've been fine. It would've been more drawn out, but I'm fairly confident we would've prevailed.

I do not mean to derail this, but there is a reason I stated that it should not have existed. Basically when Nordreich was falling apart, the Initiative realized it would lose a meatshield. So the various leaders of the Initiative, including myself, gathered in an IRC channel with Martens. He admitted to killing NoR from the inside. In that channel, upon request from every Initiative leader (save myself but including FAN, a fact they would later deny) Nordren Verin was created and Nordreich was decided to be a nazi organization. NoV was created as a protectorate of the NPO with the backing of the rest of the Initiative (again, minus Polar) and would be assigned to permanent meatshield duty. That is until they stopped being useful.

It was an alliance that only existed to allow the Initiative to prop up the dead body of NoR so we wouldn't lose total NS for future wars.

Sorry to derail the reunion thread. I do still sorely miss Nordreich though.

I do not mean to derail this, but there is a reason I stated that it should not have existed. Basically when Nordreich was falling apart, the Initiative realized it would lose a meatshield. So the various leaders of the Initiative, including myself, gathered in an IRC channel with Martens. He admitted to killing NoR from the inside. In that channel, upon request from every Initiative leader (save myself but including FAN, a fact they would later deny) Nordren Verin was created and Nordreich was decided to be a nazi organization. NoV was created as a protectorate of the NPO with the backing of the rest of the Initiative (again, minus Polar) and would be assigned to permanent meatshield duty. That is until they stopped being useful.

It was an alliance that only existed to allow the Initiative to prop up the dead body of NoR so we wouldn't lose total NS for future wars.

Sorry to derail the reunion thread. I do still sorely miss Nordreich though.

A good history lesson. And while it all may still be true, the core of members just appreciated the fact that they were there together. At least that's how I see it.

I am. ;)

Driving yet another community from the game is definitely something to be proud of.

I do not miss this alliance in the slightest.

Oh ya, now I remember why I hate you hahahaha

A good history lesson. And while it all may still be true, the core of members just appreciated the fact that they were there together. At least that's how I see it.

People who love to fight together make great meatshields ;)

Mine was killed by a stormfront cell, so I'd rather remove any threat of that happening to any other alliance.

So you're saving other alliances from being killed by stormfront cells... by accusing an alliance of being a stormfront cell and killing it.

So you're saving other alliances from being killed by stormfront cells... by accusing an alliance of being a stormfront cell and killing it.

Considering every single member of said cell was former NoR/NoV, says something, not to mention they confirmed that they had members still in NoV with me on MSN after I had them all sentenced to PZI.

I almost responded to this seriously then I realized that it's so absurd you must be trolling me.

Yes, you be trollin.

No, I just really never liked NoV or NoR.

Mine was killed by a stormfront cell, so I'd rather remove any threat of that happening to any other alliance.

More then just stormfront took down CDS, Mogar.

NoR was an interesting alliance and although it created a home for a few shady character it was still a fun alliance to follow.

Considering every single member of said cell was former NoR/NoV, says something, not to mention they confirmed that they had members still in NoV with me on MSN after I had them all sentenced to PZI.

That may be well and good (though unconfirmed of course) but NoV was not being subverted by any cell. People had axes to grind and brought completely out of game, well beyond out of character, forward in an attempt to validate their vendetta.

Though I can't really understand how you can speak so fondly and bitterly of losing your own community to OOC forces while using the same forces to drive out another community. Do you see how that doesn't quite add up?

More then just stormfront took down CDS, Mogar.

320k of our 700k ns at the end of the war was nazis, so yes it did help make me give up on CDS and this game for a while

That may be well and good (though unconfirmed of course) but NoV was not being subverted by any cell. People had axes to grind and brought completely out of game, well beyond out of character, forward in an attempt to validate their vendetta.

Though I can't really understand how you can speak so fondly and bitterly of losing your own community to OOC forces while using the same forces to drive out another community. Do you see how that doesn't quite add up?

I could post logs if you like, though there's no way of me confirming he was one of the nazis, and of course people had axes to grind, if people were so forgiving we'd never have another war again, and I understand what you mean, but I also know there's no way I'd be allowed to reform said community again, so I dont lose sleep over NoR/NoV not being able to reform.

)): Norway )):

Seems like so long ago

I must admit, if it would piss of Norway, I would be happy to have NoV come back.

Edited by Mogar

but I also know there's no way I'd be allowed to reform said community again, so I dont lose sleep over NoR/NoV not being able to reform.

That's an insanely bitter way to live and run policy. I mean, there's grudges and hurt feelings all over the place but keeping someone down because you got burned by some loose and unwanted relation of theirs? Damn.

I must admit, if it would piss of Norway, I would be happy to have NoV come back.

Wasn't that hard to piss them off the first time really.