Why do you play CN?

TheStig

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love writing, and chatting, and war.

I was actually looking for another game and found CN so decided to play. Fell in love immediately.

Diplomacy is my strong point, written about... 3 treaties (standard methods, but with some spice ;) ) Plus talking to people/ making friends and enemies is fun. I love the idea of running my own nation and developing my online duel personality :P

EDIT: Forgetfulness...

Edited by Jason Salovsky

To be honest, I don't know what makes me play CN. The Community? The LOLitics? The Infrastructure? I do not know. But what I do know is that I spent 5 months of my life, sneaking into my sister's room when she is eating dinner, logging onto my Nation and collecting my taxes. 5 months, of just that, every week. I had thoughts of simply quitting, maybe leaving a little message or a big good bye message, but I didn't. I kept going. Why? That's for Admin to know.

A couple of months ago I decided I wanted to reduce the amount of time I spent in front ot the computer so I got rid of all my computer games and stopped visiting most forums. I could not bring myself to delete my nation because I enjoyed the RP'ing and I had spent far too long growing my nation to just delete it.

Edited by SunnyInc

It's an enjoyable pastime when I'd otherwise be sitting around watching tv or playing video games. It doesn't take up any of the time I actually want to use for something productive. The community here is amusing and I find the strategy+responsibility part of being in government rewarding.

Edited by Drai

Because:

1) It gives me a false sense of success and accomplishment within a fictional world.

2) I can live out my political urges as a leader of a fictional nation, as a government member of a fictional alliance.

3) You can't really stop playing, when you've begun. I mean, come on, I'm not abandoning that nation I've toiled over.

4) I wish to someday live out my sick twisted fantasies, of being able to impact the Global politics of this fictional world in a fabulous way that will earn me fame and infamy.

This

Do you realize how little you can accomplish when you decide to read every page of popular threads?

Yes. Yes I do indeed. I cannot begin to tell you how many times I've told myself, "I need to get to bed. My wife is going to be pissed at me for getting to bed at 1am." About 3am, I attempt to sneak into bed. Damn you loud $@! door!!!