Why do you play CN?

TheStig

I was chatting with many people on IRC last night about this and in the end I just stepped back and thought.. gawd, why am I actually still here?

Think about it. The game itself if incredibly boring. It's just a bunch of numbers and math. Move further back from the game and we have the CN forums which offers often ludicrous and endless debate, trolling and discussion of ... the game. Do you play because of that? Move even further back and we have external alliance forums and IRC, a community full of players and friends. Do you play for that?

After thinking long and hard, I've realised the only reason I stick around here anymore is because I've made friends... and enemies. Bonds that are very difficult to just break. Within the game itself, there hasn't been a decent war for almost a year and the ever-changing exciting game mechanics thrill very few people. Even the dynamic community has nothing to offer me anymore, the idea of building an alliance and friendships between them provides very little in the way of enjoyment nowadays and if a war or something new and exciting doesn't happen soon, I predict that total nation count will soon slip down.

Why do you play CN?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Move further back from the game and we have the CN forums which offers often ludicrous and endless debate, trolling and discussion of ... the game. Do you play because of that? Move even further back and we have external alliance forums and IRC, a community full of players and friends. Do you play for that?

I play for these two reasons (although the root cause is probably boredom... communities, friends, discussion and debate entertain me).

First of all I enjoy multiplayer games. Specifically multiplayer role playing games. Cybernations has the added benefit of being a slacker game that I can play with very little time investment which is good because I have a job that doesn't allow me the kind of time that most multiplayer role playing games require to keep up with the community at large.

Another aspect of CN that appeals to me is the type of game. We create, manage and imagine nations which we use to compete with each other for dominance in this virtual world. Instead of the typical lone adventurer slowly progressing through a series of mundane tasks we get to have an entire country full of adventurers to command.

Or I suppose the tl;dr of it is that I play because it is fun to me.

Because I made friends here, watching power hungry people go crazy and try to attempt world domination, loling at CN boards trolling, flaming, and many debates. Theres just too much to put into a boring game with a silly community. It must be the community and the sense of wanting to own your enemies just because it will affect them.

Top 5:

1. Friends.

2. War.

3. Annoying NPO.

4. Trolling Bilrow.

5. GGA Watching.

Yup, I think that works out about right. 6 would probably have something to do with IRC.

Edited by JayOvfEnnay