Iowa and Wisconsin Annexation to Tennessee

Yort92

Annexation   

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A public referendum is to be held in the respective territories of Iowa and Wisconsin to determine their annexation into the Tennessee Federation.

(OOC: Think USA so many years ago with Texas and whatnought...)

Reasons for possible annexation with Tennessee:

-Increased trade opportunities: Especially on the Mississippi River.

-Tennessee will provide for the common defense and the welfare of the citizens

-Willingness to join a stable nation with a stable government

-Tennessean goods to be more readily traded with these areas

OOC: By the way, "Don't cares" effectively work as "yes" since you are simulating the population's vote and if one doesn't care... well then they don't care and they'll be fine.

Edited by Yort92

The Federation is still waiting for a response from Viniland to the rapid annexation of their protectorate. We are also alarmed at the rapid expansion of the Tennessee Federation, though we applaud it for being a peaceful expansion.

OOC: You no be getting New England. Iz mine(shortly) :P

Let the vote continue and let us see what the people want. If they do not wish to be annexed... then fine. If they do want it then they should be allowed too.

In general the Imperial Alliance rejects democracy as a concept, labeling it a bad system; even if you win the vote it is fully within the rights of vineland to enforce the status of its protectorate holdings.

OOC: Besides, what if a new nation wants to join?

Edited by iamthey

Let the vote continue and let us see what the people want. If they do not wish to be annexed... then fine. If they do want it then they should be allowed too.

"It is not a vote being conducted by the people, but by random nations the international community, and given its open nature, it can be manipulated very easily. And by the way, we are well aware of what the states want, they are our protectorate and thus we will look out for them. We do not need another nation to tell us what they want. Thank you very much."

OOC: Nations hold their presidential elections as 'open international' elections all the time... why should this be different? I'll keep it open for a while and we'll see what happens. We'll go from there ok? I really don't want any problems and I was trying to avoid any by having elections...

Also, I am giving away Missouri. He just hasn't officially claimed it yet.

Edited by Yort92

OOC: Well yort... initiating elections to annex someone's protectorates isn't very different than saying there is a coup in a nations government and they want to be absorbed into your nation. Its basically god moding. If V had agreed to do it then that would have been one thing but clearly that isn't the case >_> (unless you are both messing with us :P).

OOC: Nations hold their presidential elections as 'open international' elections all the time... why should this be different? I'll keep it open for a while and we'll see what happens. We'll go from there ok? I really don't want any problems and I was trying to avoid any by having elections...

OOC: Whether if the poll actually influences their RP or not is wholly up to the roleplayer in control (ergo, in this scenario, me). Per instance, I hold public vote for elections, but that is just to see what others think - e.g. the Martenecists were chosen by the international community, but I planned to have the Libertarians win all along - I'm not the only one that does that, others will do the same if they feel unsatisfied by everyone else's choice - it's a "teaser poll", really.

And mind you, those lands belong to my protectorate, and are under my control (although they are not part of my nation, they are reserved to new players only). Regardless of the poll's outcome, and whether if you want it to be "real elections" or not have no bearing on anything at all, since it's not your land.

OOC: LOL, he already did. Go look at the world map.

OOC: *sigh*, It'll have to be reversed - it IS part of my protectorate, added when Otto gave up all of his land except Texas - by the way, he only let me protect it because he wanted someone to enforce his wishes of leaving it to new players only.

Mind you, the reason why I am so aggressive when it comes to my protectorates is because I want new players to settle on them, not people already here expanding. We have a serious shortage of land going on, and if I let the protectorate be open to those new 'uns, then at least they'll have guaranteed spots to settle at and we end up being able to accommodate more players. Plus, as aforementioned, rest of Mexico (now settled by new players) and AK + OK + NM were left to me to protect due to the aforementioned wishes of the former owner - the same applying to New England, J Andres wanted it to go to new players and have someone enforce it IC.

Edited by V The King