Another Open Letter to GGA

zzzptm

A statistical comparison is not the alliance.

"The morale to the physical is three to one."

The Goons were the first to cross the two thousand nuke marker, where is that statistical powerhouse now?

The intangibles that aren't measurable are an alliance major strengths. How many "bean counters" make up the membership. How many will still stand and fight when all they worked so hard for turns to nuclear ash.

An alliance true strength lies in the commitment of the membership. Just look at Fan, still not gone with overwhelming force applied.

Thus the real test of leadership is where the leader harnesses these intangibles and forges something stronger.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A statistical comparison is not the alliance.

"The morale to the physical is three to one."

The Goons were the first to cross the two thousand nuke marker, where is that statistical powerhouse now?

The intangibles that aren't measurable are an alliance major strengths. How many "bean counters" make up the membership. How many will still stand and fight when all they worked so hard for turns to nuclear ash.

An alliance true strength lies in the commitment of the membership. Just look at Fan, still not gone with overwhelming force applied.

Thus the real test of leadership is where the leader harnesses these intangibles and forges something stronger.

But GGA is suffering from activity problems, and as The Legion showed us oh so long ago, an inactive membership does not stand and fight.

A coalition with more nukes went after them. Admin is on the side of the biggest battalions.

I feel like advice given would be better in a place where it wouldn't appear to be condescending. I've given a little of my own to our GGA ambassador at MK.

Though GGA might be particular bad, from what I've seen most alliances suffer from having a large number if not majority of members that are little better than ghosts. It certainly was like that in GPA when I was there fall of 07. And it takes a very strongly committed and aggressive person to work to try to get them active and involved.

You know, its people like you that are giving the GGA a bad name. If you really care for your alliance, you would pipe down, sit back, and let people who can post without looking like hat do the talking.

Really though, I don't like seeing teh GGA flailing around any more than zzzptm. I hope that GGA can get some good guides in place, and start to turn themselves around.

Read entire thread next time, KTHXBAI. :awesome:

alot of players enjoy the spam forum communities when they first get into the game.

That's meeeeeee :D

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Oh, and good luck GGA. I have no idea whether you are aligned with my alliance at all... but I still don't want you guys to fail. I hope you guys can get back to where you (apparently) were at one point.

Though GGA might be particular bad, from what I've seen most alliances suffer from having a large number if not majority of members that are little better than ghosts. It certainly was like that in GPA when I was there fall of 07. And it takes a very strongly committed and aggressive person to work to try to get them active and involved.

Indeed, and to be fair to GGA, about their new members, most new cn members are crap. I sometimes see new MHA nations that make me pull my hair out of my head. They buy the worst improvements or none at all. GGA is not the only alliance that has not as many Foreign Ministeriess or harbors (or important economic wonders) as they could possibly could have. They are just slightly worse as many other alliances. Nothing that 3 months of work could not repair.

Indeed, and to be fair to GGA, about their new members, most new cn members are crap. I sometimes see new MHA nations that make me pull my hair out of my head. They buy the worst improvements or none at all. GGA is not the only alliance that has not as many Foreign Ministeriess or harbors (or important economic wonders) as they could possibly could have. They are just slightly worse as many other alliances. Nothing that 3 months of work could not repair.

And as far as I can see (ok, i haven't had enough time to read the whole topic yet, sorry) this is what zzz was advising and, not only that, but he was giving his opinion on what specific things need adressing. The comparisons that people say are worthless would actually be worth something if there was better member growth, IMO.

In other news, I wish Silverhawk would be less agressive. He keeps saying things which almost invite us to make a trolling thread- although, no, I have not read the whole topic, so I can't really talk. Just bringing some of my opinion up, if anyone wants to comment on it. I do not expect it to be particularly useful, but don't mock it, there is no point B)

(this is an interesting experiment, I have never posted my opinions on OWF before)

Edited by Lord Bombadil