In the GATO

Blacky

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8) Dance like no one is watching (which I do in my home with the curtains closed just in case someone is watching).

9) Never spam threads with useless spam. :D

EDIT: IN BEFORE WARN :awesome:

Edited by TheStig

Yes, and you all did.

And all that explains is why so few unaligned marched into battle alongside GATO. Yet still recognised it was unjust and immoral. The continuation of these unjust and immoral actions only amplifies it. I don't see any points of contention which discredit these facts which you seem to agree with, atleast none that you're making.

I don't know if it's been pointed out already, but to Tom Litler and whoever else is saying something along the lines of "why didn't you fight against 1V at the time"....

there's a big difference between supporting a war, and supporting indefinite occupation.

I was in Norden Verein when FAN blitzed us. Getting back at them was good times, the grin on my face was ear-to-ear. But once the war was over (tactically), then that's that.

Same with GATO. Hell I never even cared about GATO but I still did my part in hitting them. Does that mean I agree that they need to be under indefinite terms with no sovereignty?

Frankly it's ridiculous that you can draw such a connection.

I don't know if it's been pointed out already, but to Tom Litler and whoever else is saying something along the lines of "why didn't you fight against 1V at the time"....

there's a big difference between supporting a war, and supporting indefinite occupation.

I was in Norden Verein when FAN blitzed us. Getting back at them was good times, the grin on my face was ear-to-ear. But once the war was over (tactically), then that's that.

Same with GATO. Hell I never even cared about GATO but I still did my part in hitting them. Does that mean I agree that they need to be under indefinite terms with no sovereignty?

Frankly it's ridiculous that you can draw such a connection.

I find it difficult to see why everyone cares so much.

Oh cry more, please. Cataduanes worded it the best: it's funny how all of you care way after the fact. If you really gave a damn about GATO's sovereignty you would've either A) fought in the GATO-1V War or B) actually did something other than waiting for a few months and then beginning to whine about it. Seriously, it became painfully obvious that the war was going to be the near-end for GATO.

Honestly this is just another excuse for people to attempt and bash NPO. How is that working for you all? I see people calling for action, but I see absolutely no action taking place. Funny how that works. Those big sticks you're carrying around, and sorry to break this to you, *whispers* are made of Styrofoam.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

I find it difficult to see why everyone cares so much.

You find it difficult to see why everyone cares so much about alliances maintaining their sovereignty? Perhaps it's because some of haven't become accustomed to not having it as you must have. It's actually quite nice when alliances can decide what they want to do on their own.

It's funny how all of you care way after the fact

Once GATO regains their sovereignty we can say it's after the fact. GATO still has an NPO appointed viceroy last I checked. It's not over yet.

Honestly this is just another excuse for people to attempt and bash NPO.

So wait are you attempting to justify NPO's actions here? Deal with the substance of the claims as opposed to the motives which you wrongly suspect we have.

Edited by Blacky

You find it difficult to see why everyone cares so much about alliances maintaining their sovereignty? Perhaps it's because some of haven't become accustomed to it as you must have. It's actually quite nice when alliances can decide what they want to do on their own.

Look, I am all for GATO being released and everything. But honestly, what are they going to do with their sovereignty? I suppose everyone deserves a chance, so with that point aside, it's simply ridiculous that you call for arms, yet you raise none at all. It just irks me that so many people believe in one thing, but then stay silent when it comes to fighting for said belief.

Look, I am all for GATO being released and everything. But honestly, what are they going to do with their sovereignty? I suppose everyone deserves a chance, so with that point aside, it's simply ridiculous that you call for arms, yet you raise none at all. It just irks me that so many people believe in one thing, but then stay silent when it comes to fighting for said belief.

Not everyone.

At any rate, the longer an injustice persists the more and more likely that ignorant and blind people will awake to that injustice. Some woke to it earlier than others. I almost joined GATO, back in the day, before Vox. They even let me in their private channel once after a year of insisting that I be allowed in. They were just starting to make progress with terms, though, and it wouldn't be fair to screw that up for them.

As for why people never spoke up, it should be clear. They were afraid. At the time the casus belli provided seemed solid, but the truth was a bit more solid. Unfortunately, in the atmosphere of fear people are not so interested in truth but instead about whether the story given is sufficient to supplant it. In this case, for most people, it was. It's unfortunate that GATO had to go down in a time when such attitudes prevailed but they've become martyrs of a sort for what can happen when it does. And they will persist, as always, perhaps a little less themselves than in times past. I think NPO has a lot more to worry about than what the brown colony is getting up to these days.

I hate to be the "do something about it" guy but all you people crying injustice now stood right by and watched the New Pacific Order beat GATO several shades of blue.

Good point and the answer is they are chickens. They want to mouth off to get credits for being free speakers or some rubbish but lack the balls to practice what they preach and do something about it.

I'm sure if they were so sick of being "oppressed" we'd surely have had GATO members speaking out via indirect methods.

Or we realized a while ago that the best way to get things done in Cybernations is, you guessed it, private channels. For the win.

They even let me in their private channel once after a year of insisting that I be allowed in.

That was a very funny day.

--

Ultimately, as I said the last time a thread like this came up: GATO is making great progress right now. The Viceroyship is not stunting growth, but instead has helped us make our systems more effecient. More importantly, these kinds of threads will not help the Viceroyship end. That is an arrangement between GATO and the Viceroy staff. If anything, when they see threads like this, they'll continue the Viceroyship past when they would have ended it, so that they don't look like they're giving in to the pressure of the OWF.

So while we appreciate some of the good sentiments in this thread, and while we thank our supporters, those posters trying to use us as a rallying point or as a piece of propoganda are truly only helping themselves. But who's surprised by that?

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot about the rule that says one can't express one's mirth over the proceedings here on Planet Bob. My most sincerest of apologies to you and anyone else I may have offended with my ill humour, good sir.

Oh, none of were insulted, (it takes a lot to make a GATOan feel humiliated these days) on the contrary, that was at your expense my friend. ^_^

Loved the post and the song Blacky, thanks!

Edited by Baron Lightbeard

I find your ideas to be purely idiotic, not the English language. Your sentence may have been capable of being comprehended, but it certainly does not apply or have any foundation whatsoever. Tell me, which alliances "not connected to either side by any treaties cancel those same "binding agreements" on a whim whenever it suits them"?

I was referring to alliance whose members go around spouting self-righteous nonsense and then when they are asked why they haven't intervened to stop the wars they disapprove of, they say that they have no treaties with the side that whom they favor in the war. These same people ignore throw the notion of the importance of treaties out the window once they are required to honor a treaty at an inopportune moment.

Strange, considering the term "passive-aggressive" was contained in the sentence in your response entirely directed towards me.

I was referring to people like yourself who go around "fighting" with the pen rather than the sword.

Don't you think it would be counter-intuitive to display any form of decent strategy for the public at large to view?

I'm sure that you're right but you can't possibly argue that you are doing something until it is evident that you are. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what you do, won't we?

I could swear I'd already responded to this exact ludicrous claim a couple of times before. Ah, right, here and here. Again, to pull out the medieval analogy, your idea of making a difference equates to a single warrior taking his sword and flailing wildly at the stone walls, rather than that same warrior recruiting an army over time and knocking those walls down. What do you think GATO would appreciate more? A couple of additional alliances declaring on Pacifica and achieving nothing, or those alliances working assiduously on a strategy that gains GATO the necessary support to win freedom and reclaim their sovereignty?

This is the reason no one joins wars. If all the people that thought this way had the resolve to fight no matter what, GATO would have been the victor of that last war that they fought.

Can't blame you for creating strawmen when you lack any other way to refute my argument.

Can't blame you for attacking me when you start to see the flaws in your argument but refuse to accept defeat. If only you fought as valiantly on the battlefield as you do on the debating floor.

What is more likely? Either i) Alliances that were entirely foreign to one another, with no previous friendships or agreements binding them, spontaneously rising to form a coalition to defend an alliance against the hegemonic power, or ii) There was actually a coherent, logical foreign policy strategy that ensured there would be actually be a coalition should there be a need for it? The First Great War was always going to happen. The only thing that changed from the initial plan was the trigger, i.e. the account suicide.

This gives the enemy time to prepare and mobilize their allies. I also stand by my previous statement; I'd like to hear from someone who participated in the Great War.

Here's what I find curious. GGA is in need of an NPO viceroy and doesn't have one, while GATO should be rid of their NPO viceroy and hasn't been.

GGA already has one, haven't you heard?

Furthermore, I stand by what I have said. GATO agreed to submit to the suzerainty of the New Pacific Order. No one has any reason to complain.

Edited by Tom Litler

Did any of you ever stop to think they may be helping GATO get back on their feet? Maybe GATO wants it. Either way, why do you need to butt in when you do not know the correct answer. Pacifica will release them when they see fit, these post will only delay the process as Moo has stated before. So if you want Pacifica to release them when their time is up, you should knock off this kind of posting.

Edited by Ezequiel