In the GATO

Blacky

Greetings NPO,

Why have you not given GATO peace yet? (When I say peace I mean an end to the viceroyalty). They've been in terms for longer than alliances which caused your alliance a great deal of damage several months after their war. For the most part they were the more civil of the coalition, they have not taken arms against the NPO or done anything which warrants your continual oppression of their alliance.

The CB you used to declare war on them was ridiculous as well as the long and brutal war you made them fight, whereby their strength was reduced from over 6,000,000 to a few 100,000.

Your excuse for oppressing FAN is that they did not fight. What's your excuse for oppressing GATO?

Regards,

Blacky.

Now for a performance by a legendary singer within my nation.

As the snow flies

On a cold and gray CN mornin'

A poor little baby child is born

In the GATO

And his mama cries

'cause if there's one thing that she don't need

it's another hungry mouth to feed

In the GATO

People, don't you understand

the child needs a helping hand

or he'll grow to be an angry young man some day

Take a look at you and me,

are we too blind to see,

do we simply turn our heads

and look the other way

Well the world turns

and a hungry little boy with a runny nose

plays in the street as the cold wind blows

In the GATO

And his hunger burns

so he starts to roam the streets at night

and he learns how to steal

and he learns how to fight

In the GATO

Then one night in desperation

a young man breaks away

He buys a gun, steals a car,

tries to run, but he don't get far

And his mama cries

As a crowd gathers 'round an angry young man

face down on the street with a gun in his hand

In the GATO

As her young man dies,

on a cold and gray Chicago mornin',

another little baby child is born

In the GATO

Edit: For clarity.

Edited by Blacky

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should NPO, their own soveriegn entity, answer to you?

As far as I'm aware NPO have no incentive to clarify their reasoning with either you or your alliance.

It is amusing to see the "sovereignty" card played in favour of Pacifica when they have utterly destroyed any semblance of GATO's sovereignty.

However, you are correct; there is nothing forcing Pacifica to justify their detestable actions in this venue. Yet, community awareness and active campaigning is the best way towards accomplishment for those that wish to see the tyrannical subjugation of GATO at the hands of Pacifica reach its conclusion. Only from individuals, alliances and blocs making a stand on these critical issues will the self-proclaimed realists in NPO High Command acknowledge that many of the methods and tools they have relied on to perpetuate their stranglehold on Cyberverse politics now provide more costs than benefits. If that is not realised, and these misdeeds not made amends for, it will only be deleterious to their political position. Already they have lost several major allies over their flagrant disregard of the opinions of others.

Edited by Revanche

It's too bad GATO has been under the yoke of viceroyalty for so long, but I really don't think anyone or any form of outside pressure will change that. Unless it is in Pacifica's interest to restore sovereignty to GATO, then they won't bother. It's one less potential enemy for them to deal with...which is pretty smart tactically though not very kind at all. :(

Maybe Pacifica needs a change of perspective. ;)

Edited by smashmaniac104

Shame people were not this concerned about GATO during the GATO-1V curbstomp :(, but i have no doubt GATO will survive as the core members (and they have many) will always remain the base upon which GATO is built...the time will come when the Global Alliance will be free and like many a GATO sympathizer i will patiently wait for that day.

Shame people were not this concerned about GATO during the GATO-1V curbstomp :(, but i have no doubt GATO will survive as the core members (and they have many) will always remain the base upon which GATO is built...the time will come when the Global Alliance will be free and like many a GATO sympathizer i will patiently wait for that day.

It's sad to say, but better late than never, right? -_-

Why should NPO, their own soveriegn entity, answer to you?

As far as I'm aware NPO have no incentive to clarify their reasoning with either you or your alliance.

Because they have no right to disallow GATOs ability to have free will and their own sovereignity without sufficient reason. And currently, such justification is absent from our knowledge at present. Would Pacifica care to answer us, or continue to fuel the unjust and unfair reputation that they are building themselves?

Because they have no right to disallow GATOs ability to have free will and their own sovereignity without sufficient reason. And currently, such justification is absent from our knowledge at present. Would Pacifica care to answer us, or continue to fuel the unjust and unfair reputation that they are building themselves?

Actually they do. If NPO want to play the game like !@#$%s and control alliances directly, then so long as they have the force to back it up they can. They're in a nice position whereby they don't need to justify their reasoning to fine gentleman like yourself, or for that matter anyone but their membershipa and allies.

Given that NPO is all srs bsns, they're hardly doing it for their own personal enjoyment. I mean what joy is there in having control of such a worthless alliance as GATO? What is sufficient justification for one, is not always sufficient justification for others.

Besides that, like Catadunes alluded to, it's cute that your all concerned about GATO's freedom now when everyone was so willing to chow down on One Visions phallus at the time of the war.

Also building an "unjust and unfair reputation"? As before thats pretty subjective. I mean from personal experience I'd say they have been pretty fair to me letting me off their ZI list, albeit if I thought I was on it for a !@#$%* reason. Point is they couldn't been !@#$%s and kept me there, which would have no doubt led to me leaving, since without an alliance to call your community this game really blows. Not to mention I hardly think they care about their reputation at this stage in the game.

I hate to be the "do something about it" guy but all you people crying injustice now stood right by and watched the New Pacific Order beat GATO several shades of blue. You had your chance you make a stand when there was a war to fight. Your "well intentioned" complaints about GATO right now are nothing but a self-righteous propaganda war mounted against the NPO. You didn't care about GATO when it was crushed repeatedly. In fact, I'm sure more than a few of you have partaken in defending at least one of these "ridiculous" casus belli. What has changed? Nothing. You still don't care about GATO; you care only about producing whatever PR "edge" you can get your hands on to defame your enemies and if attacking their "oppression" of an alliance that has for a while been universally loathed, not only within the NPO, is just that: your "edge".

I suppose I'm still more original. My argument isn't "do something about it" now because I am sure that if a global war breaks out, the GATO affair will be cited as at least one of the catalysts for the war by the "goodies" and one of the injustices they will hope to eliminate once the "baddies" have gone. What I am saying is that maybe if you cared that much, you would have done something about it then.

Edit: I didn't read the replies originally, expecting it to be the usual; bleeding hearts on one side defending GATO and rank-and-file NPO members poorly veiling the reasons for their actions by half-heartedly mounting an ineffective defense. I just read LJ Scott's post and I am marginally impressed that people can still think so abstractly (or normally as in the real world). Good job. I should give my fellow users more credit.

Edited by Tom Litler

Actually they do. If NPO want to play the game like !@#$%s and control alliances directly, then so long as they have the force to back it up they can. They're in a nice position whereby they don't need to justify their reasoning to fine gentleman like yourself, or for that matter anyone but their membershipa and allies.

Given that NPO is all srs bsns, they're hardly doing it for their own personal enjoyment. I mean what joy is there in having control of such a worthless alliance as GATO? What is sufficient justification for one, is not always sufficient justification for others.

Besides that, like Catadunes alluded to, it's cute that your all concerned about GATO's freedom now when everyone was so willing to chow down on One Visions phallus at the time of the war.

Also building an "unjust and unfair reputation"? As before thats pretty subjective. I mean from personal experience I'd say they have been pretty fair to me letting me off their ZI list, albeit if I thought I was on it for a !@#$%* reason. Point is they couldn't been !@#$%s and kept me there, which would have no doubt led to me leaving, since without an alliance to call your community this game really blows. Not to mention I hardly think they care about their reputation at this stage in the game.

You are suggesting that such actions within this game are fair? Let's say you created GATO and everything went great until you ended up at war with NPO and after all this time, you still hadn't been freed and couldn't play the game properly because of some "!@#$%s" who are using their power unfairly.

It would seem that their fate is no longer in NPOs hands, it's our responsibilty as a community to stand up to such disgraceful things that in the real world would be frowned upon sincerely. As Szyrgy so rightly put it, CN presents us the opportunity to exercise morals that in reality are so frequently forgotten due to our selfish human nature. We have a chance to do things different, do things right here and that is why this scenario alike many others throughout the history of this game should not be.