Open Letter to the Grand Global Alliance

They weren't innocent either. Where is their apology?

I am going to echo Mr. Razz. It's nice to apologize and all, but you were the one wronged. If you're going to go as far as you did, remain confident in your convictions and stay the course ... don't backtrack.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I created a poll to draw attention to how silly all the GGA bashing had become. No surprise of course it yielded exactly the results I thought it would before it was shut down.

GGA has done some arrogant and some would say ill-advised or even stupid things in the past. Perhaps NPO does take too much of an interest in GGA's internal affairs, but at this point all of GGA's serious treaty partners, Valhalla included, are doing what they can to try to salvage a trusted ally. Other alliances have done similar in the past with their friends.

The OP has the right idea here. Back off GGA and let it either fail or succeed. There will be plenty of time later on for happy dances and high fives amongst the anti-GGA crowd if you get your desired outcome. <_<

I do realize it takes a higher class of person to own up to their own roles in things, but taking potshots at him for this isn't needed.

If he is really doing this on his own then it may be better. But i suspect outside influence. And GGA deserves every ounce of heat they are getting. For him to take blame for their failure is not needed, wont have any affect and is wrong to begin with.

If he is really doing this on his own then it may be better. But i suspect outside influence. And GGA deserves every ounce of heat they are getting. For him to take blame for their failure is not needed, wont have any affect and is wrong to begin with.

I think everyone was surprised to see the contents of this thread, to be honest.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Many others, to my immense amusement, are far less pleased.

I am not taking the blame for anyone's failure. I am saying that I handled my particular situation poorly and it caused issues that were not necessary. I stand by my convictions, however, knowing that in the end, all I am saying is that my forum for handling issues was wrong. As far as my responsibilities...well I was GGA Triumvir before this, so I guess some of the responsibility is mine.

Today I created a poll to draw attention to how silly all the GGA bashing had become. No surprise of course it yielded exactly the results I thought it would before it was shut down.

GGA has done some arrogant and some would say ill-advised or even stupid things in the past. Perhaps NPO does take too much of an interest in GGA's internal affairs, but at this point all of GGA's serious treaty partners, Valhalla included, are doing what they can to try to salvage a trusted ally. Other alliances have done similar in the past with their friends.

The OP has the right idea here. Back off GGA and let it either fail or succeed. There will be plenty of time later on for happy dances and high fives amongst the anti-GGA crowd if you get your desired outcome. <_<

GGA has a lot of apologies of its own to hand out before they earn that kind of respectful treatment.

GGA has a lot of apologies of its own to hand out before they earn that kind of respectful treatment.

And you don't have a lot of apologies to hand out as well?

Let's be real about this, we all have things we could apologize for, myself included(don't expect one Doitzel :wub: ).

Love,

Your #1 Fan

Exactly.

I see nothing wrong with GGA having to take some hits given its past deeds.

Frankly 95% of the GGA mockery had started to die down before they opened up pandoras box.

I say the call to put the genie back in the bottle is absurd.

Wow...amazing...

Just because the GGA did not apologize for what they did to Shane does not mean he has to be just like them and not apologize for his outbursts and such. Its called having class and Shane has tons of it. I frown upon those of you who criticize him for doing what he saw as the right thing too do.

I will have to echo EJ, Hoo, Caesar and Doitz on this one. It's cool and all that you ponied up to the plate and are being the bigger man Shane, but honestly, GGA should be the one with this kind of thread. Too bad they lack the ability to do so.

Good luck to you in VE shane, it appears they have picked up a good member.

The point of this thread is to tell GGA and the public that he is sorry for his part in blowing this situation up as it did. He isn't taking the blame for it, simply stating that he shouldn't have added heat to the flames. In my opinion he could have gone on pointing out the wrong in GGA and I wouldn't have thought less of him. This however is nice, best word I could come up with.

Thank you, shaneprice.

You are a good friend, and a good man. I understand and respect you standing by your convictions. I also truly appreciate you going out of your way to make this kind of statement publicly, even if it is not the popular thing to do. It speaks volumes about your character.

Sometimes, you need to kick your friends in the $@! to get them moving again, shane. If you can't do this with your foot, you can try to do it with words.

Not criticising you for this, as it does show some humility, honor, and forgiveness, and I won't try to to hide the fact that I, my friends, and many others, see GGA is the biggest joke in Digiterran history, an old dog that aches when it moves and is likely better off either taken out back and shot in the head or assimilated into a greater, or more stable power, but the culpability of its remaining leaders should also be taken into account. Having read a few public logs and watched the situation unfold, by my estimation, you were hardly the individual responsible for !@#$@#$ things up. In fact, you saw fit to put it in a better place.

I don't like this...I don't like that after everything, you are somehow the one apologizing and shutting yourself up. Not that my opinion really matters much.

Good luck, I suppose...I just hope you'll be able to cope with keeping your views bottled up.

I think the biggest thing about all of this, all of the comments I'm seeing is one question, 'Does this mean anything useful?'

Has this entire ordeal improved the Grand Global Alliance beyond what they've been revealed to be? Not really or yet. GGA continues to post threads that seem more focused on damage control and keeping their members from voicing unpopular opinions and still seem like a paper tiger to anyone who reads a newspaper on Planet Bob. The most promising proposal for GGA didn't even come from them, it came from a member of Umbrella. There seems to be an unhealthy co-dependence between NPO and GGA, and you have to wonder if it expands to some of NPO's other allies as well.

Does this apology fix anything? No, not really, except maybe a bunch of hurt feelings, but I must labor to point out that they kicked you out. From the attitude of the logs and the posts, they don't seem to be looking back and I don't know if they have enough class to admit they were wrong too. If you want to get good with individuals, that's what IRC is for. Otherwise your silence is wasted, because something like GGA, the causal derision and abuse they exhibit to their former triums and the arrogance towards others in Bob that come with it needs to have a voice. Accountability must come from somewhere, and I don't hear GGA themselves or their allies speaking up for it. It makes you seem like a classy guy, sure, but sort of disappointing, because you're letting them go without addressing what needs to be done. This world needs folks who will hold others accountable, not someone who will appease when they feel an insult has been dished out.

And everyone, GGA is just a symptom of a greater problem. The problem that you don't need to be accountable for what you do if you have the right allies, or enough power to remain in control. That you don't need to pay the piper.

When you don't pay the piper, the piper never forgets about you.

Otherwise your silence is wasted, because something like GGA, the causal derision and abuse they exhibit to their former triums and the arrogance towards others in Bob that come with it needs to have a voice. Accountability must come from somewhere, and I don't hear GGA themselves or their allies speaking up for it.

QFT. Unless the sentiments are returned, you're wasting your time on those who don't deserve it. You make a good point, though. Having the right allies props up those who, in a state of political anarchy, would've been rolled or disbanded long ago, and so contributes to the continuing degradation of discourse and overall level of play.

Edited by Xiphosis