The Dawn of a New Era

Hello, Everyone of the CN World. I'm Mr Rosenberger but please call me Rosen for short. I'm coming to you today, to present to you my DoE as the Prophet (Leader) of my alliance New Era. Some of you may know of me, but I'm sure MOST of you do not. So I'll take this time to say, Hello, how are you? I'm Originally from The Order of Light where I resided for Seven Months. They all treated me well, and I left TOOL on Good Terms. I Created New Era with help from friends Originally, but unfortunately, those friends have gone away due to other RL problems, however more help will be on the way soon.

Feel Free to come by and visit #NewEra on IRC.

And I now present to you New Era.....

New Era Charter

NewEra2-1-1.jpg

A New Era is born

Signed and Enacted Into Life On: April 10, 2009

"A stand can be made against invasion by an army; no stand can be made against invasion by an idea."

Article 1: Membership

To be accepted as a member of the New Era you must meet these specific requirements.

1. Must not be on any type of current ZI lists(If a marked nation applies for membership they must provide proof that their name has been cleared by those that have them marked before they will be accepted)

2. Must have no current wars. Tech raids are accepted unless its on a red or white nation.

3. Must correctly fill out an application located in the application center

4. Must successfully complete the New Era Training Program

5. Alliance Affiliation must be set to "New Era Applicant" while in the New Era Training Program

6. After Completion of the Training Program Alliance Affiliation must be set to "New Era"

Article 2: New Era Training Program

In order to successfully complete the New Era training program you must complete 3 Training Phases.

Experienced Nations will only be required to complete a Phase III Test.

Article 3: Expulsion from New Era

Any member of New Era may be expelled at any time with the approval of both Prophets and a vote of 75% of the current New Era government. (Voting will be 48 Hours)

Government may also consult the citizens of New Era to decide on the fate of the person being expelled. It will require a 85% citizen vote for the person to be expelled. (Voting will be 48 hours)

If a member of New Era attacks another member of the alliance the aggressor will immediately be removed from the alliance and sent to a state of zero infrastructure at the hand of the alliance.(Unless both parties agree to the war)

Article 4: Alliance Merging

New Era merging into an alliance: In order for the New Era to merge into any Alliance we will require the approval of both prophets, 80% of the New Era government, and 75% of the citizen population.(If one prophet declines it will go to the citizens of New Era for a vote. In order for the merge to pass it will require 85% of the citizens of New Era to want the merge.) Voting will be 72 hours

Alliance Merging into New Era: In order for the New Era to accept any alliance willing to merge with us we will require both prophets to accept, 70% of the New Era government and 65% of the citizens of New Era.(If one prophet declines it will go to the citizens of New Era for a vote. In order for the merge to pass it will require 80% of the citizens of New Era to want the merge.) Voting will be 72 hours

Article 5: Foreign Policy

New Era will take a calm and peaceful approach when dealing with foreign affairs.

We are a peaceful alliance but any act of war will be taken as a threat to New Era. We expect every member of New Era to fight in time of war.

Article 6: Tech Raiding

If a member of New Era is attacked by an aligned nation they will not attack back under any circumstances if they do they are subjected to punishment by the gov. Instead they will contact a gov member and make a post that they have been attacked and let a government member deal with it.

Tech Raiding Policy:

Members of New Era have the right to attack a unaligned nation that is not on the color sphere red or the white sphere. But must seek approval from either a prophet or the current DoD or Generals, no one else has the power to approve a Tech Raid. If a member attacks any nation without the approval of a prophet or the DoD or Generals, they are subjected to expulsion from the alliance. If you are attacked back by the nation you are raiding New Era does not have to defend you.

Article 7: Wars

New Era will only go to war if necessary, New Era will try as hard as possible to uphold all treaties but if there is a problem between two allies New Era will consider every possible option and make a decision after a government vote.(Voting will be 24 hours)

Article 8: Government

Prophets: Prophets are the leaders of the alliance. They are responsible for making sure the charter is upheld each and everyday. They are also responsible for directing the alliance in the right direction. They have the final say in everything but can be overruled with a 60% or higher vote of the citizens of New Era. There term is life or until they resign. If a prophet happens to resign, the government will nominate a new prophet and he must be voted in by a 50% or higher by the government/senate vote.

Generals: Although mainly in position for the Department of Defense, the Generals are Perma-Gov members that help out in all aspects of New Era. Their main priority is to keep the Dept. of Defense in good working condition.

Directors: Directors are responsible for directing and guiding there department to greatness. They have the final say in there department but may be overruled if both prophets wish. They can pick up 1 Assistant Directors for there department to help run things more smoothly. There term is life or until they resign. If a Director happens to resign, both prophets must agree on a replacement and must be followed by a 50% or higher vote by the Senate(Prophets will run that department until a replacement is found)

If a director is absent for more then 72 hours the prophets have the right to appoint a temporary Director until they get back.

DoD- The Director of Defense is in charge of the safety and well being of the alliance. He/She is responsible for finding ghosts and keeping the military organized and always ready in case of war. He/She is also in charge of tech-raiding and has the power to accept/deny a tech raid request.

DoF- The Director of Finance is in charge of the money flow of New Era. He/She is responsible to get aid out to victims at war and keep the bank always running smooth and organized. He/she has the power to accept/deny any type of aid request.

DoFA- The Director of Foreign Affairs is in charge of everything to do with foreign policy with other alliance. He/She is responsible to keep there department running smoothly and organized.

DoIA- The Director of Internal Affairs is in charge of everything to do within the alliance of New Era. He/She is responsible to keep the alliance active, happy and fun. He/She is also responsible for keeping his department running smoothly and organized.

Senate: There will be 7 senate seats. The senate will be elected by the citizens of New Era. Elections will be held monthly. The senate represents the citizens and will always fight for what is the best interest of the citizens of New Era. They serve the citizens of New Era before they serve the government. Prophets and Directors may not run for Senate.

Senate Election Process:

48 Hour nominations

72 Hour Debate/Platforms

48 Hour voting

Vote Of No Confidence: The New Era members have the option to try and remove any current member of the gov with a VoNC if they feel they are not performing to the best of there ability. A VoNC must be posted in the HQs and voting will go up ASAP. In order to remove a current government member the citizens must vote 80% or higher. Voting will last 48 hours

Citizens: Every member of New Era is a citizen. They are the heart of the alliance without the citizens the alliance would be pointless. Every citizen is equally important as another one. Citizens represent New Era and they are expected to represent the alliance and the charter each and everyday they are on CN. If a citizen receives any aid from the alliance in the past 10 days and decides to leave they are expected to pay that aid back in full.

Students: Students are members trying to become Citizens of the alliance and are expected to be treated as a member of the alliance. They do not have all the features as full member. Any attack on a student of New Era will be taken as an attack on New Era as a whole and will be dealt with properly. A student may be removed from the alliance with the approval of a Prophet without any hesitation if they are showing disrespect to the alliance or anyone in it.

Article 9: Amendments

Any Citizen of New Era may propose an Amendment to the charter. Once a Amendment has been proposed it will be debated for 48 hours. Voting on the proposed amendment will last another 48 hours. In order for an amendment to be passed it will require a 75% or higher vote from the Senate.

---

Signed By:

Prophet- Mr Rosenberger (Rosen)

Edited by Mr Rosenberger

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOOL%20Flag.jpg

NewEra2-1-1-2.jpg

New Spring

A TOOL- New Era Protectorate

The undersigned representatives of The Order Of Light (TOOL) and New Era (NE) agree in all circumstances, unless certain conditions listed in Sections 2.3 and/or5.3 and/or 7.1 and/or 7.2 come into effect, that TOOL and NE will enter into the New Spring for creating unity and benefiting both alliances as outlined in the following.

Article 1

1.1 TOOL and NE will show respect and good will towards the member nations of each respective alliance.

1.2 This will prohibit flaming and flame baiting on the CN forums but will not restrict healthy debate or productive disagreement.

1.3 Alliance leaders will be expected to alert the other organization party to this agreement should this article ever be infringed upon.

Article 2

2.1 TOOL and NE will not conduct espionage or aid in espionage against either alliance.

2.2 Alliance leaders and representatives will be expected to alert the organization opposite to this agreement should espionage on either party be detected.

2.3 Active espionage shall render it void.

Article 3

3.1 TOOL commits itself to the defense of NE through direct military action as well as, though not limited to, diplomatic, financial and political means.

3.2 TOOL may commit itself to support NE in acts of aggression through direct military action as well as, though not limited to, diplomatic, financial and political means although it is not obliged to do so.

3.3 NE may commit itself to defend TOOL through direct military action as well as, though not limited to, diplomatic, financial and political means although it is not obliged to.

3.4 NE may commit itself to support TOOL in acts of aggression through direct military action as well as, though not limited to, diplomatic, financial and political means although it is not obliged to do so.

Article 4

4.1 NE will order its members to vote for the TOOL candidate(s) (or other candidate(s) if TOOL so desires) for White Team Senate.

4.2 NE will encourage its members to be on the White Team.

Article 5

5.1 NE will refrain from discussing or accepting membership with former or current TOOL members for an extended period of time.

5.2 Upon reviewing the Protectorate treaty as outlined in Article 7.2, this article will also be reviewed.

5.3 Active recruiting/discussing without first approval from TOOL shall render it void and shall result in reparations/action from the aggrieved party.

Article 6

6.1 NE will be under TOOL's guidance during this pact, and therefore, NE must have TOOL's approval before entering into any treaties, pacts, bloc or organizations during the duration of this pact.

6.2 NE will give first preference and priority of Tech Dealing agreements to TOOL over any other third party alliances.

Article 7

7.1 This pact may be canceled after 5 days notice, which must be received and discussed privately and in a diplomatic manner.

7.2 This pact must be reviewed every 120 days from the day it is ratified by both alliances.

Signed for TOOL:

Lord Captain Commander: GrahamKeatley

Hand of Foreign Affairs: Mia

Hand of Internal Affairs: King William I

Hand of War: Dodoei123

Hand of Education: Creekynoise

Hand of Commerce: FeigelInc

Inquisitors: William Blake, Willem, Jarkko

Council of Light

Signed for NE:

Prophet: Mr Rosenberger (Rosen)

I would like to jump in here.. . and throw out some thanks. . . .

Nice flag.

Thanks for the Flag Comment. Here are a few details on the flag-

White and Black- Shows a "shed of light" or "New Era" Basically shedding light to create a New Era.

The Ring- Circle of Trust. Connecting all involved with New Era

The Tree- Representing. . Growth, Prosperity, Wealth, Nature Harmony, Strength

Good charter, awesome protectorate.

Don't get lost in the crowd with all the DoE's going around...

what is it, like, 2 a day probably? Anywho, good luck.

I appreciate the luck. Don't worry. . . New Era will not get lost in the crowd of Alliances. We will shine.

Good luck, I remember you somewhat from way back - good luck with everything.

I don't remember you, :P However, I shall remember you from this point on. Nice to meet you Fokker Aeroplanbau.

Looking good, Rosen. ;) I know you'll do great, and I can't wait to see what New Era looks like a few months down the road. :)

@ TOOL: I'm jealous. )): I want New Era as a protectorate too!

o/ New Era

o/ TOOL

Edited by GearHead