This Thread is About Electron Sponge

King Srqt

chapstick.jpg

Here I brought you some chapstick. Your lips must be mighty chapped kissing sponge's $@! THIS much.

Please explain how me being sick of every thread being about sponge is kissing his $@!? Then explain to me what I would have to gain by kissing sponge's $@!.

You really missed the point of this thread but that's ok.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the seventh day the almighty Admin sat back and marveled in all that was Ivan, and he noticed, that Ivan was lonely so he reached down and plucked a rib from the Ivan and cast it to the ground thus creating the Electron Sponge, and he saw that this was good.

Pretty much this. Schat and Vlad aren't too bad either. Bob Janova takes the cake though.

I suppose I agree with the original post in a way...

ES is a good guy from everything I've seen, yes he has flaws and does some stupid things, but we all do. Everyone needs to cut the crap about him. Does he have spies? Well, if we knew for sure this would be a very different thread now wouldn't it? I'd reckon about 75% of alliances have at least one spy somewhere.

Anywho, back to your debating there is my two cents for the day.

Alright, I propose this. Whether Mr. Sponge has really changed or not is up to him. However, if he has had a change of heart in how he views this game, would he be willing to apologize to those he was oppressive towards during his previous reign(s)? He's never been oppressive to me personally, but I'm sure you'll find people around that feel differently. Just an idea, feed me back here.

That is not actually a point that is more of an observation or prediction. I am also not really an ES apologist either I have had my share of IC hate toward him but I can recognize the possibility that he may have changed unlike some people who have an agenda to push that does not allow them to be objective.

This thread also is not designed to celebrate or deride anyone it is a place to discuss things that you have been trying to push in pretty much every thread on OWF except this one that is actually designed for you to discuss it in.

Sure you are an apologist. You've made his arguments for him. Arguments he's failed to address and likely won't address thanks to the sycophants such as yourself.

Sure you are an apologist. You've made his arguments for him. Arguments he's failed to address and likely won't address thanks to the sycophants such as yourself.

He's failed to address them in this thread, because he's addressed them in countless others, and you always fail to listen.

Maybe he has not addressed them because they were all completely irrelevant to the topics at hand when they were made.? Perhaps if you made the arguments in a thread that they wouldn't be a derail in they would be addressed? have you ever thought of that? I think you have. I also think that is why you have not made them in this thread.

Also lol at calling me a sycophant, you either do not know what that word means or you are banking on the fact that others wont and that they will just stare in awe of your vocabulary. Unless you can tell me how it is in my best interest to be in Sponge's favor I can't see how you can call me a sycophant (I also find it funny that you inherently admit Sponge is influential by calling me that).

has it ever occurred to you that I don't really care if Sponge has changed or not and that I might just be annoyed at people preaching their opinions as fact while constantly going out of their way to personally attack someone?

You keep pushing that agenda though Slayer, attack sponge label anyone who disagrees with your attacks a sycophant and avoid counter arguments at all costs. It is a proven winning strategy after all.

Edited by KingSrqt

Alright, I propose this. Whether Mr. Sponge has really changed or not is up to him. However, if he has had a change of heart in how he views this game, would he be willing to apologize to those he was oppressive towards during his previous reign(s)? He's never been oppressive to me personally, but I'm sure you'll find people around that feel differently. Just an idea, feed me back here.

Have I had a change of heart regarding how I view the game? Not really. I'm pursuing the same goals I'd have been persuing if I were still Emperor of NpO, although using different means. Am I willing to apologize for stuff I did previously? Awww hell no. When it comes to ingame stuff I'll apologize for nothing and regret very little. At any rate reports of my oppressive nature are vastly overstated and I really don't care if anyone got their poor widdle feelings hurt over someone outfoxing them in a game. If it happened to you, the reader: get up, dust yourself off and sharpen your knife... like I have.

Why the hell should I apologize for playing hard? I'd never expect or ask for an apology out of NPO.

Oh, Slayer. :lol: You're such a broken record. In case you didn't realize I wrote up a real nice post the other day addressing all your BS talking points you keep repeating over and over again like if Rain Man discovered Cyber Nations. "Boxer shorts. K-Mart!" If you want to read it, go find it.No, you will read this.

And I'm pointing out that you're full of it. No matter how many times you or Slayer99 or any of the other broken records repeat that I'm a hypocrite about everything I ever say or do it doesn't change the fact that you're just thread(crap)ing and that you can't ever do anything but make baseless character attacks against me wherever I post. How about you guys all huddle up, put your heads together, hold each others' hands and come up with an actual strategy to confront me that involves fact supported by concrete examples instead of making these stupid throwaway accusations that just end up making you all look like you really don't have much else to offer except ad hominem argument?

Again with the same stupid argument that I went from oppressor to freedom fighter overnight. Offtopic, but I'll bite. First off, I was anti-NPO before 99% of you reading this had ever heard of NPO. I fought against Francos Spain, against Vladimir/Unlimited, against Mammothistan, against Moldavi, against Blackadder and every other luminary NPO historical leader until NPO came to CN and Blackadder asked me to come along for the ride. So for about a year and a half I was the good soldier, publicly supporting the NPO cause even though I didn't really dig the way they did things. If you'll notice your history, Polar began to drift away from NPO nearly immediately after I became Emperor. We went from being NPO Blue to being Polaris. For the next two years I sat in back rooms arguing and fighting with the hegemonists (although there was no true hegemony at the time, there were hegemonists) to get them to lay off on the !@#$%baggery. I couldn't stand the way WUT treated some people. It's commonly known that I butted heads on numerous occasions with the other leaders in that group, and it's no accident that there was an Unjust War. Hilariously enough, a lot of the people calling me a hypocrite now were on the wrong side of that war and are still pretty butthurt that their super aggro hurr we're the CN badasses group got their butts kicked by a lot of pretty nice and respectful people. Yeah it's a shame the war ended because Bilrow threw down the OOC card. I didn't want it to end. That is why I gave \m/ and Genmay those terrible terms. I wanted to fight those mother$%&@ers until there was no fighting left in them. It's a shame they gave up. At any rate, a month before that war started Ivan and I asked Moo to resign because he was letting GOONS leadership and others have far too much sway. What happened in the next few days is well known history. Afterward, not so well known, is that NPO and GOONS put together a plot to have me overthrown. No, not coming to me like men and asking me to step down. They went behind my back and tried to get my own people to stage a palace revolt, much the same as the one that ended up succeeding a year later. They used a useful idiot who would be a malleable and obedient servant to them as their Emperor-presumptive. When I found out about it, that was the end of my experiment in pro-hegemony, pro-imperialist, pro-NPO governance. I went back to the freedom fighter I really am and I decided right then that my existence and NPO's existence are mutually exclusive in the long term. It's pretty clear to anyone who can take an honest look at my actions since that time that I'm no oppressor, I've fought the oppressors for quite a while, and that any attempts to paint me as a hypocrite in that regard fall flat when confronted with the actual facts.

Now, as I said before, $%&@ off.

Edited by Electron Sponge

Have I had a change of heart regarding how I view the game? Not really. I'm pursuing the same goals I'd have been persuing if I were still Emperor of NpO, although using different means. Am I willing to apologize for stuff I did previously? Awww hell no. When it comes to ingame stuff I'll apologize for nothing and regret very little. At any rate reports of my oppressive nature are vastly overstated and I really don't care if anyone got their poor widdle feelings hurt over someone outfoxing them in a game. If it happened to you, the reader: get up, dust yourself off and sharpen your knife... like I have.

Epic... totally seeing this now.

IT'S STILL A GAME PEOPLE!

Nerds and their competitiveness... :P

But seriously, we can't get too worked up over it, considering this is just a game not our life. Or, for some anyway...

Excuse me Plankton, but he's addressed them time after time. You're just upset he's not giving you the answer that you're hoping to hear. Basically you want him to admit he's a hypocrite and the Scourge of Bob (the latter may in fact be true). Face it, it's not going to happen. If you want to win it then come up with new lines, because the ones you're spewing now aren't doing a thing to hurt his image. In fact, your constant repetition of the same weak arguments only looks silly. Quite frankly your defamation campaign of him is quite pathetic, and it has gotten to the point I almost feel sorry for those waging it. Not because I agree with you at all, but rather because you have put so much time and effort into and have nothing to show for it. Nobody is buying it.

At any rate reports of my oppressive nature are vastly overstated and I really don't care if anyone got their poor widdle feelings hurt over someone outfoxing them in a game.

Well well, what do we have here? Something I said eight months ago back in August. Was Sponge a saint? Was Polar not occasionally jerks? Absolutely not. Nothing could be further from the truth, but when comparing Polar to the NPO, IRON, Valhalla, and the rest of the hegemony, Polar's wrongs were far fewer and far less grievous. But then again, we all know that the Coalition was nothing more but a rabble of petty tyrants, merely trying to hide that fact by creating an image of Polar oppression that never existed. Really, the whole charade of those people railing against oppression.....quite ridiculous if you ask me.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

And now I believe my point has been adequately proven. This thread has now been here for 3 days and none of the people who have been chasing Sponge around the forum have bothered to make their arguments in a place that was appropriate for them to be made.

remember this when you see those people attempting character assassination in other threads, they only do it when the person would have to derail a thread and face the consequences of doing so to defend themselves, and they have the nerve to call others cowards.

And now I believe my point has been adequately proven. This thread has now been here for 3 days and none of the people who have been chasing Sponge around the forum have bothered to make their arguments in a place that was appropriate for them to be made.

remember this when you see those people attempting character assassination in other threads, they only do it when the person would have to derail a thread and face the consequences of doing so to defend themselves, and they have the nerve to call others cowards.

A lot of good came from this thread. We learned that Sponge is more awesome then Chuck Norris, and that he is to blame for the NPO nations attacking my nation. We must continue this thread, and maybe his secrets to becoming handsome will become known.

So because I like sponge more then anybody within the NPO I'm automatically labeled as an "$@!" kisser? Someone's quite obviously jealous here. :rolleyes:

Trust me, he would love to kiss $@! with a straight face but his leader is devoid of a personality.

Slayer, you are a self fulfilling prophecy, hehe.