This Thread is About Electron Sponge

King Srqt

I don't have high expectations for this thread but cut out with the spamming and let's see if it can be salvaged. If you have actual content to contribute please do so but "Electron Sponge is awesome because of random made up fact x"-type posts are entirely unnecessary.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some interesting facts about Electron Sponge:

The police often question him, just because they find him interesting.

He once punched a magician. That's right. You heard me.

When he orders a salad, he gets the dressing right there on top of the salad, where it belongs...where there is no turning back.

If a monument was built in his honor, Mt. Rushmore would close, due to poor attendance."

When it is raining, it is because he is sad.

Even his parrot's advice is insightful.

If there were an interesting gland, his would be larger than most men's entire lower intestines.

His shirts never wrinkle.

He is left-handed. And right-handed.

Even if he forgets to put postage on his mail, it gets there.

He once knew a call was a wrong number, even though the person on the other end wouldn't admit it.

You can see his charisma from space.

Edited by Fupresti

Here are some interesting facts about Electron Sponge:

The police often question him, just because they find him interesting.

He once punched a magician. That's right. You heard me.

When he orders a salad, he gets the dressing right there on top of the salad, where it belongs...where there is no turning back.

If a monument was built in his honor, Mt. Rushmore would close, due to poor attendance."

When it is raining, it is because he is sad.

Even his parrot's advice is insightful.

If there were an interesting gland, his would be larger than most men's entire lower intestines.

His shirts never wrinkle.

He is left-handed. And right-handed.

Even if he forgets to put postage on his mail, it gets there.

He once knew a call was a wrong number, even though the person on the other end wouldn't admit it.

You can see his charisma from space.

This is an excellent example of exactly what I was explaining is expressly forbidden.

Seeing as though a certain group of people are determined to make every thread about Sponge and I am sick of every thread that remotely interests me being derailed I decided to make this thread in order to discuss the same tired points that are being spread around the forums like a virus.

1st point: "Vox Populi allowing Sponge into their organization causes them to lose credibility."

- This one really baffles me, in order for you to think Vox lost credibility wouldn't they have had to have had credibility to start with? That seems to go against what has been said about Vox since day one which in turn kind of makes you lose credibility don't you think?

2nd point: "Sponge hasn't changed and is only using Vox to try and re-gain power."

-How the hell do you know that? Sponge went through an experience in this game that could easily change his perspective on things and your questioning of his motivations have no more basis than anyone's theories that he has in fact changed.

3rd point: "Sponge is irrelevant and doesn't really have any spies anymore"

-Then why the hell do you talk about him to the point that I am motivated to make this thread in a (most likely vain) attempt to stop the constant talk of him in threads that have nothing to do with him.

If I missed any of the party line points please feel free to bring them up.

You are a genius.

I'm a fan of Electron Sponge's fan groups...or maybe it's just that I enjoy reading irreverent conspiracy theories. Both either way. If I was ES, I would definitely be proud of a legacy that leaves many crack-pots awake at night. Hell, that's the pinnacle of IC success if you ask me.

Unrelated to uaciaut's post now, I'm not sure I follow the need for people to claim Sponge-boy hasn't changed. So what if he hasn't changed? What is significant about his past that prevents him from being effective in his new chosen role even if his deeply rooted philosophy has not changed?

Because people can't grasp the idea that we are playing roles. It's a pity, because it adds a lot of dynamic to the game.

Because people can't grasp the idea that we are playing roles. It's a pity, because it adds a lot of dynamic to the game.

I'll flat out admit it, I'm not a great RP'er to start out with and if I had to guess I'd say many CN'ers aren't role playing past being their normal internet persona. It makes it hard for folks to see that line and make the distinction between the person playing CN and the character they're playing.

/I agree with you though, it's the role playing that makes CN different.

I'll flat out admit it, I'm not a great RP'er to start out with and if I had to guess I'd say many CN'ers aren't role playing past being their normal internet persona. It makes it hard for folks to see that line and make the distinction between the person playing CN and the character they're playing.

/I agree with you though, it's the role playing that makes CN different.

Sometimes it's better to have your character/persona change, see the other side of the fence.

I agree with this. If there weren't roles people played and people being different, this game would be boring.

you know I manage to read those threads perfectly well despite them all being 'derailed'. If selective reading is really that big a problem for you then I heard there's a nifty ignore feature found on these forums somewhere which suits your needs perfectly. But hey I heard stroking ES's ego is all the rage these days, don't let me get in your way :)

Edited by KingSuck

you know I manage to read those threads perfectly well despite them all being 'derailed'. If selective reading is really that big a problem for you then I heard there's a nifty ignore feature found on these forums somewhere which suits your needs perfectly. But hey I heard stroking ES's ego is all the rage these days, don't let me get in your way :)

you know a lot of people were perfectly fine with the intent of this thread and were also annoyed with the recent trend of every thread being derailed. But if this thread is a problem for you you can conveniently not read it or post in it. But hey I hear pointlessly posting off topic things designed to insult a poster as opposed to addressing the topic is all the rage these days, don't let me get in your way :)

This whole convo strikes me as a smidgen hypocritical, as some of us are in fact doing everything we can to discredit the words of L'Eponge, as he has done much IC to draw focus and derision on his bon mots.

To me, I do not care what the heck Sponge the person behind the character does or feels, but he is my sworn IC enemy and will draw my wrath as such. The roots of that enmity lie on a nice collection of respect, a soupcon of history, with a healthy dose of fear of the man thrown in.

I find the fawning over Sponge as displayed here, and in other places, as some sad downtrodden character more than a little amusing. It should demonstrate how good of a player that I beleive ES is that I think you are all being played for his political gain. Poor, poor Sponge... bad bad men are picking on him...

OBM

/that said, some people don't know when to stop.

you know a lot of people were perfectly fine with the intent of this thread and were also annoyed with the recent trend of every thread being derailed. But if this thread is a problem for you you can conveniently not read it or post in it. But hey I hear pointlessly posting off topic things designed to insult a poster as opposed to addressing the topic is all the rage these days, don't let me get in your way :)

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but this could go on for a while and flattering you isn't particularly high on my to-do list at the moment so I'll cut to the chase. The only thing more annoying that the constant 'derails' are the people that don't stop complaining (and then make threads) about the constant 'derails'. All threads such as this one do is add to the general headache.