This Thread is About Electron Sponge

King Srqt

Seeing as though a certain group of people are determined to make every thread about Sponge and I am sick of every thread that remotely interests me being derailed I decided to make this thread in order to discuss the same tired points that are being spread around the forums like a virus.

1st point: "Vox Populi allowing Sponge into their organization causes them to lose credibility."

- This one really baffles me, in order for you to think Vox lost credibility wouldn't they have had to have had credibility to start with? That seems to go against what has been said about Vox since day one which in turn kind of makes you lose credibility don't you think?

2nd point: "Sponge hasn't changed and is only using Vox to try and re-gain power."

-How the hell do you know that? Sponge went through an experience in this game that could easily change his perspective on things and your questioning of his motivations have no more basis than anyone's theories that he has in fact changed.

3rd point: "Sponge is irrelevant and doesn't really have any spies anymore"

-Then why the hell do you talk about him to the point that I am motivated to make this thread in a (most likely vain) attempt to stop the constant talk of him in threads that have nothing to do with him.

If I missed any of the party line points please feel free to bring them up.

Edited by KingSrqt

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your missing the "He's the reason the MDP Web is the way it is".

Yeah, this one is key.

Also I don't think you'll accomplish much/anything with this. Guys like Slayer have literally nothing else to do but follow him around and repeat the same untrue statements and I don't think you'll be able to talk them out of it.

I think your missing the "He's the reason the MDP Web is the way it is".

Ah yes, indeed. I could really use a copy of the MDP web from the Unjust War, I'm fairly sure Polar only assembled a comparable coalition to what others had already done.

Yeah, this one is key.

Also I don't think you'll accomplish much/anything with this. Guys like Slayer have literally nothing else to do but follow him around and repeat the same untrue statements and I don't think you'll be able to talk them out of it.

That's why I put the most likely in vain bit in, but I had to try.

And yeah I can't believe I forgot the MDP one

How is sponge responsible for all the top alliances being tied together through a bloc that he was never a part of?

Ah yes, indeed. I could really use a copy of the MDP web from the Unjust War, I'm fairly sure Polar only assembled a comparable coalition to what others had already done.

The MDP web we created was a short term counter to the Initiative. Basically we wanted to be able to leave/get kicked out of/whatever the Initiative and lose no defense over it. We didn't trust it so we made it irrelevant to our personal security. We DID NOT build anything that was designed to permanently keep any choke holds on anything. Also many of the guys who fought with us in the UJW didn't even have treaties with Polar directly.

KingSrqt, he is responsible because... because he is Sponge and he is a really really bad guy! Seriously he's totally evil and bad and a hypocrite and all that! When you actually look at the basic facts what he is doing is very reasonable and logical.

Seeing as though a certain group of people are determined to make every thread about Sponge and I am sick of every thread that remotely interests me being derailed I decided to make this thread in order to discuss the same tired points that are being spread around the forums like a virus.

1st point: "Vox Populi allowing Sponge into their organization causes them to lose credibility."

- This one really baffles me, in order for you to think Vox lost credibility wouldn't they have had to have had credibility to start with? That seems to go against what has been said about Vox since day one which in turn kind of makes you lose credibility don't you think?

His history of total oppression of all those around him makes a mockery of what Vox say they stand for and only Nowedge would have been worse for their PR.

2nd point: "Sponge hasn't changed and is only using Vox to try and re-gain power."

-How the hell do you know that? Sponge went through an experience in this game that could easily change his perspective on things and your questioning of his motivations have no more basis than anyone's theories that he has in fact changed.

He hasnt changed and anyone who reads his posts can see that. The only reason he does not have his jack boot on someones neck right now is because he lost his personal army. He is obviously trying to bring down the hegemony to give him an out and a chance to regain some of the power he lost, ES for the oppressed...dont make me laugh.

His history of total oppression of all those around him makes a mockery of what Vox say they stand for and only Nowedge would have been worse for their PR.

He hasnt changed and anyone who reads his posts can see that. The only reason he does not have his jack boot on someones neck right now is because he lost his personal army. He is obviously trying to bring down the hegemony to give him an out and a chance to regain some of the power he lost, ES for the oppressed...dont make me laugh.

YES! Finally, your here. Anyway, about history of total oppression. Don't quite a few of the founders and people who have been in Vox and some of which still are in Vox have similar histories? I mean, Doitzel was a huge part of NPO before he helped found Vox, right? People change. Sponge had an experience which changed the way he thinks about the game. And I do read his posts, and I can tell he has.