Moo told me he's giving peace to FAN

WarriorConcept

[00:19] <WarriorConcept> Moo

[00:25] <Moo-Cows> yo

[00:26] <WarriorConcept> give FAN peace!

[00:26] <Moo-Cows> soon as they come out of PM and fight

[00:27] <WarriorConcept> is that a guarantee? :P

[00:27] <Moo-Cows> they have yet to even fight this war

[00:28] <Moo-Cows> all wars have an end

[00:28] <Moo-Cows> but first there has to be the fighting part

[00:28] <Moo-Cows> not hiding in PM

[00:28] <WarriorConcept> They have yet to grow also, but I suppose that's beside the point

[00:28] <WarriorConcept> So if I get them to come out and fight they can have peace?

[00:28] <Moo-Cows> they chose to do this

[00:28] <Moo-Cows> they chose to go into PM rather than fight

[00:29] <WarriorConcept> tbh i would too >_>

[00:29] <WarriorConcept> No point in putting effort in staying up at update

[00:29] <Moo-Cows> then don't !@#$%* they couldn't grow

[00:29] <WarriorConcept> when the odds are so stacked

[00:29] <WarriorConcept> ;p

[00:29] <Moo-Cows> yes, they fight the war will end

See FAN, just come out of peace mode and you'll get peace!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm sure FAN must be dumb not to take that deal, especially given that once an alliance is promised peace there is no possible way that they can be re-attacked and their nations obliterated.

I completely agrees with this quote, come out of peace mode FAN, NPO has never betrayed you before, why would they now?

Pretty weak imo. Unless Moo-Cow's comes onto these forums himself, makes a thread and puts time constraints on the "period of fighting" as well as clauses stipulating that it would be a white peace with a non-aggression pact of no-less than 6 months, etc. I wouldn't even bother. I imagine the most of a response this will get from FAN is a barely audible fart from the general area of some low-level FAN member.

Wasn't there fighting before peace-mode?

Indeed. Dozens of FAN nations were essentially destroyed in the process. What's left of FAN is a mix of survivors that managed to get to Peace Mode before they were shot (IIRC, under orders), those that managed to fight their to PM, some re-rolls, and a very few new nations that have joined since.

There is no logical reason for FAN to do anything else to get peace. NPO long ago made its point.

Moo, I have a hell of a lot of respect for you, but there is absolutely no IC reason for this silliness to continue. NPO is making FAN into a bogeyman and giving those that oppose NPO a rally point and argument for resistance to NPO and its allies. Left to its own devices and out from threat of death, FAN would IMHO, slowly fade away. Many of those left only stick around because NPO says they can't.

The war, therefore, if we judge it by the standards of previous wars, is merely an imposture. It is like the battles between certain ruminant animals whose horns are set at such an angle that they are incapable of hurting one another. But though it is unreal it is not meaningless. It eats up the surplus of consumable goods, and it helps to preserve the special mental atmosphere that a hierarchical society needs. War, it will be seen, is now a purely internal affair. In the past, the ruling groups of all countries, although they might recognize their common interest and therefore limit the destructiveness of war, did fight against one another, and the victor always plundered the vanquished. In our own day they are not fighting against one another at all. The war is waged by each ruling group against its own subjects, and the object of the war is not to make or prevent conquests of territory, but to keep the structure of society intact. The very word " war ", therefore, has become misleading. It would probably be accurate to say that by becoming continuous war has ceased to exist. The peculiar pressure that it exerted on human beings between the Neolithic Age and the early twentieth century has disappeared and been replaced by something quite different. The effect would be much the same if the three super-states, instead of fighting one another, should agree to live in perpetual peace, each inviolate within its own boundaries. For in that case each would still be a self-contained universe, freed for ever from the sobering influence of external danger. A peace that was truly permanent would be the same as a permanent war. This - although the vast majority of Party members understand it only in a shallower sense - is the inner meaning of the Party slogan : War is peace.

Yeah to be honest, FAN is better off staying in peace mode. The whole argument about getting peace if you fight for it is moot as there has been no terms set for duration of the fighting and guarantees on peace afterwards (as pointed out earlier ITT).

As Hal points out, not giving FAN peace and moving past this silly charade really only hurts the NPO image IMO, but meh, they never really cared what the public thought of them, or as they say, 'the peanut gallery'.

going to peace mode to aid in reconstruction after the war is one of the oldest strategies used by any alliance.

considering that most of FAN was destroyed, saying that if they leave Peace Mode and fight they will get peace is not a valid point.

not to mention that after so much time in peace mode they have certainly lost much more growth than the current NS of their nations.

and since when is the defender and loser the one who decides what to do with the war?

FAN was forced into peace mode.

meh, getting FAN peace, in theory, isn't extremely complicated... just unlikely:

if another Continuum alliance signed an MDP with FAN, via article III.G of the Mobius Accords, hostile actions could not occur between NPO and FAN. This could have 2 possible outcomes; either 1) NPO ceases hostilities, or 2) NPO leaves continuum in order to keep fighting FAN.

Granted, the above is based on a rather loose interpretation of the Mobius Accords, but given that the scenario is already highly unlikely, i doubt it matters ;)

meh, getting FAN peace, in theory, isn't extremely complicated... just unlikely:

if another Continuum alliance signed an MDP with FAN, via article III.G of the Mobius Accords, hostile actions could not occur between NPO and FAN. This could have 2 possible outcomes; either 1) NPO ceases hostilities, or 2) NPO leaves continuum in order to keep fighting FAN.

Granted, the above is based on a rather loose interpretation of the Mobius Accords, but given that the scenario is already highly unlikely, i doubt it matters ;)

That would be so epicly :awesome: . Good use of loopholes, Cobalt

FAN doesn't really want the kind of peace we would offer, what with terms and conditions and such. Unless of course those terms were phrased such as "NPO pays a gazillion dollars in reparations to FAN".

Besides, if we made peace with FAN, who would train our alpha and beta battalions?

I trust our Emperor to make the right choice.

Edited by James Dahl