GREAT WAR VI

Sorry, no can do. Our schedule is booked for a while. The Cupcakery will let you know when we've selected a time and date. Thanks for your time and cooperation.

I'm afraid we have yet to agree to surrender terms about the war. We can't decide who is gonna lose.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree for the most part (The next GW will be the 5th), however by your definition GWI probably shouldn't count. After all, it was relatively curbs-tomp-esque.

Haha. There was a GW3 I was here for it. That was fun stuff too. Except, now that i think about it I feel I was fighting for the wrong side.

Whoever said GW's always take place in the summer is wrong. GW3 was mostly in March if I recall correctly.

Edit: typo.

Edited by bobjohnny

I was under the impression that Great Wars entailed large shifts in the political environment on Bob. For example, after the First Great War, the Orders were no longer as powerful as they were, and with the Second Great War, more alliances began to come to the side of the Orders, and with the third Great War, there was established the idea that has stuck with us for so long, that the Orders are the most powerful alliances on Bob, unchallenged in that role.

The next great war will see another massive political revolution. The Unjust War did not involve a major political shift, rather it was the end of WUT, and the Unjust Path never had any power anyway. And the Second Great Patriotic War was not a great war either for the same reasons.

Can we all just say that there were 3 Great Wars and move on?

I would say that the destruction of GOONS and \m/, the major lulz alliances of the time, was a major shift in politics.

I was under the impression that Great Wars entailed large shifts in the political environment on Bob. For example, after the First Great War, the Orders were no longer as powerful as they were, and with the Second Great War, more alliances began to come to the side of the Orders, and with the third Great War, there was established the idea that has stuck with us for so long, that the Orders are the most powerful alliances on Bob, unchallenged in that role.

The next great war will see another massive political revolution. The Unjust War did not involve a major political shift, rather it was the end of WUT, and the Unjust Path never had any power anyway. And the Second Great Patriotic War was not a great war either for the same reasons.

Can we all just say that there were 3 Great Wars and move on?

Read what you wrote there ... :huh:
I would say that the destruction of GOONS and \m/, the major lulz alliances of the time, was a major shift in politics.

The split and destruction of the dominant powerbloc does count as a large shift in my book.

The same applies for a lesser extend to the War of the Coalition.

The talk is always the same, first we discuss what we should call the next war. Once the war comes everyone starts to argue about what we should call the present war until its over and then everyone starts coming up with different names to refer to it by until next summer when the whole mess starts again. How about for once we wait to see what happens before trying to place a label on something that has not happened yet.

Its not that hard to start a great war, Make you a small alliance of people (About 20 or so people) who want it to start, Get a well-known and strong protector, Attack a main combatant in the war, Get their allies to attack you, Call in your protector. Bam you got a great war. The rest of the work is left up to the MDP and treaty webs. Its what has started The Unjust War and The War of the Coalition.

Somehow, I just don't think this would work..

The potential conflict won't be labeled a GW unless it matches I-III in intensity and awesomeness. The UJW will never be considered a GW because it lacked a strong ending. The War of Coalition lacked two sides, (see Philo's post http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=31861 ) It was a war of sheer numbers yes, but did not have the two clear cut sides I-III and even the UJW had.

Because the Treaty Web is dead, let's see if we can guess the two sides and the reason that would bring them to fight?

treaties seem to be discretionally honored these days, as we've seen with conflicts involving minor alliances who have been left to dry by those they have treaties with. Which means the initial conflict will have to have a pretty large spark to really set CN on fire.

Edited by hiawatha2k8

I haven't been around to long, but I've been hearing talks about

another massive war going down in the near future.

I know global wars have occurred in the past, and I'm just

wondering if they have the tendency to significantly change the landscape of the game?

Such as new alliances coming into power once a massive one has taken a beating.

That's pretty much how it works around here.