My Thoughts about Wars in TE

thaisport

To all TE Members,

I know there have been heated discussions about different alliances in many different threads and everyone has their point of view. The more I thought about it the more this quote really sums up my views on CNTE and HOW it should be played...

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and it don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it.

Nobody is gonna hit as hard as Life. But, it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; How many hits you can take and keep moving forward.

Now if you know how much your worth, then go and get what your worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you're not where you wanna be because of him or her or anybody!

Cowards do that, and that ain't you! You're better than that!"

-Rocky Balboa

Yeah it's from Stallone's last Rocky movie but it's one of the best speeches I've come across in a while...

Here's the link to the entire scene with his son:

Thaisport

I like the quote, and it honestly does go with the environment in TE.

I have been playing CN for about 3 months now, and during my time in TE

I have taken many bumps. I have been beat down, my nation has been sent to

anarchy a couple of times. But in the end I don't quit, the best thing is that it every battle

and problem that you come across, you learn something new. You really learn from

your mistakes, and that's what makes TE fun.

Edited by Gilbert Torres

IMHO, its TE..who cares. everyone is going to get rolled at one point or another. beats the politics of CN:S

I like to think of TE as another game, separate from SE. it has its own politics and feel, and it should be taken differently than SE. if peopele want to keep treating TE as something to throw around and not take seriously, then why play? it's like playing call of duty or something with the sole intention of screwing up the game for everyone else. sorry for the bad game analogy; I couldn't think of anything else lol

TE should be full of alliance wars, back stabbings, and forum battles.

LOL - I've seen that 1st hand - gotta admit it was well done - Niccolò Machiavelli would have approved - but now it's my turn - gonna go "black wet ops" soon and "get sum".

what goes round comes round eh!

I like to think of TE as another game, separate from SE. it has its own politics and feel, and it should be taken differently than SE. if peopele want to keep treating TE as something to throw around and not take seriously, then why play? it's like playing call of duty or something with the sole intention of screwing up the game for everyone else. sorry for the bad game analogy; I couldn't think of anything else lol

Go away and play SE please. TE is something to throw around and not take seriously, and I love playing CoD on-line with the sole intention of screwing up the game because when people get angry at something as pathetic as losing at CoD its hilarious :P.

SE sucks. Hands down. SE should be on round-based play, but maybe like year long rounds so it still has the lengthy effect and politics will still come into play for those who play the game for politics. Change variations each round (number of attacks...cost of stuff....so on so forth)

I don't believe everyone just likes running around in circles making daisy chains and holding hands with each other. Those big guys at the top must be itching to use there massive armies to crush the life out of some other nation and make them suffer. I played a game called "Oil Empires" for stint and they would have 6 month round, then a 3 month round....always changing the game variations each round to keep it fresh. It was a lot of fun.

Petition to make SE one year round-based? Anyone?

Edited by Spermicide

Good stuff. This is my first go-around in CN:TE and I really like it. And hell, I'm about to be bill-locked and pretty much put out of the game. But it was still a blast to build your nation as quickly as you can -- really putting an emphasis on making smart decisions the whole way through. And it was fun to REALLY go to war -- I mean nuking out of the gate. Even if it ended up 4 on 1, I still got my 7 nukes launched and now I have some experience with dealing with nuclear anarchy.

Can't wait for re-roll.

Stop screwing up my CoD >.>

TE should be full of alliance wars, back stabbings, and forum battles.

No back stabbing is for pansies

Personally, i love the lack of cybersissies in TE. It's the perfect outlet for the frustrations of SE imo. :P

It's still very cybersissy in TE

Go away and play SE please. TE is something to throw around and not take seriously, and I love playing CoD on-line with the sole intention of screwing up the game because when people get angry at something as pathetic as losing at CoD its hilarious :P.

Don't screw up my game >.>

and we promptly improve on murder's methods :D

Ummmmm... No Murder Inc was follow my rules. You see MHA giving someone the yellow sphere?

I play for the cheesey bacon.........

Dude where?

Are you blind?

Pops and I calling out other alliances isn't forum battling

Pops and I calling out other alliances isn't forum battling

Making fun of UN and RE doesn't count, any one can do that. And calling Wolverines cowards doesn't count either, that's just stating facts.

-.-

Most of the alliances in TE have destroyed this game altogether. Admin couldn't give CN:s rounds because it would be the same thing as what TE is right now.

My opinion on how TE should be played:

NAAC was the first alliance to have a no-treaty policy in TE. It's how the game should be played. This is about war and nothing else. This is about wasting your 1mil the second you create your nation so you can try to destroy someone asap. This is about using the exact same nation to start an alliance so you can come together under one AA and use the remainder of the round to fight your way to the top. This is about not worrying who's your ally but worrying about who is your next victim. This is about destroying another nation so much, they have to reroll. This is about attacking another alliance without DoW so you can create the biggest blitz TE has ever witnessed.

This game is about having big balls and as far as I can see, all of you have a ball size no larger than the tip of my pinky.

You can argue this with "well you need treaties in a game of war, it's how you create allies"

And I'm simply going to say "you don't need a treaty to have an ally, you need a treaty so you can have a pact with someone who can't keep their word unless it's on e-paper" and the funny thing is, most of them use the cancellation option anyway. Learn to keep your word. If an alliance likes you enough to have a treaty with you, then they will back you up on their own.