WAE 2.0

Doofy

WAE 2.0  

904 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a fantastic demonstration of the herd-like qualities of the CN public. None of the alliances on this list really qualify for WAE status – GATO never did when it was being attached to them in the first place, either.

OFS would be a good call, but they're not here any more. Legion deserved it in GW3, and during their disbandment-maybe-oh-now-we're-a-viceroyship but they have improved a bit since then. The WAE will be some pathetic micro-alliance with 6 members that you've never heard of because it's that irrelevant.

I couldn't think of a polite way of putting it, so I just quoted Bob.

I do dislike CK though.

Where is ODS?

IGV really does suck though. Easily the worst "significant"/sanctioned alliance in my memory. Worse than GATO during the VX/CK period.

Perhaps my emotions are coloured due to the annoyance of having to defend the Spanish cats, but I must disagree.

This is a fantastic demonstration of the herd-like qualities of the CN public. None of the alliances on this list really qualify for WAE status – GATO never did when it was being attached to them in the first place, either.

OFS would be a good call, but they're not here any more. Legion deserved it in GW3, and during their disbandment-maybe-oh-now-we're-a-viceroyship but they have improved a bit since then. The WAE will be some pathetic micro-alliance with 6 members that you've never heard of because it's that irrelevant.

Everything has been said in that post.

I don't see how FAN or GOONS could be on there given their huge success in earlier days.

And GATO, well they can't really compare to the current leader (edit: in this poll). They were one of the top alliances in their time.

Edited by Drai

To be honest, i am going to have to agree with Sponge on this one. You say that an alliance that has never really lost a war and has remained towards the top of the field for several years is one of the worst in the game. Even if half of the bad press that these guys have recieved is true they should have disbanded years ago. yet they remain and thrive in basically their own color sphere.

GATO by far is the worst alliance in the game and will be, at least in my eyes, for a very long time.

GGA likely would have perished by now if they were not a tick on the soft underbelly of the NPO during Bilrow's tenure.

GATO on the other hand has always been their own alliance and been successful. Their only real failing is falling into disfavor with the NPO and getting attacked (for terrible causes: 1. CK reroll <> CK, some leaked IRC log with no real threats) and subjected to increasingly severe surrender terms.

Including FAN and GOONS in this poll doesn't really jive. I've had past issues with both these alliances but I don't think you'll ever see me saying that they were bad alliances.

I wasn't around when GOONS was still extant or when FAN was at the height of their power, however I have read up on the history of both and I must agree. (Even on the issues - Bad JuJu's tryst with Auric Armada and GOONS' history with CCC.)

There are quite a few alliances in history that would more than compete with GGA for worst alliance ever. I'd even wager that GGA wouldn't be in the top 1000 worst alliances ever. I mean, sure, it's fun to pick on them and they really do shoot themselves in the foot a lot but come on, there have been a ton of micro-alliances run by really dumb people that never got off the ground. GGA has been around for a long time, held a sanction for quite a bit of that time, and would still probably be able to stomp quite a few alliances. That should count for something. Of the choices given, they are indeed the worst of the group.

I voted GGA because they were the worst of this group. But trust me. Rebbilon? BAA? The umpteen million alliances spawned by what's-her-face that used to be Lady Athena? GDI? Every alliance run by King Daniel The 1st? Man, I've been in this game a quarter the time you have and I can still think of plenty of alliances that fail harder than GGA. :P

You, Sponge, are win.

Also hello. ;)

Edited by Uralica

I have always considered the term WAE to only apply to the bigger more "relevant" (for lack of a better word) alliances. I am sure there have been alliances worse than GGA but as far as established and accomplished alliances go GGA has certainly earned the title of WAE.

This times like....a billion

<3 cata

:wub: Kashy :wub:

Gonzocar was quite a character though.

Yeah that is true :D

Im surprised, I thought GATO was WAE 4 lyfe

You guessed wrong dear boy :P

EDIT: ALso a WAE does not hold it together in a curbstomp for 9 weeks like GATO did, especially with the high member count that GATO could boast half way through the GATO-1V war.

Edited by Cataduanes

XFD @ the results of this poll.

This. ^

If somebody makes another poll: UME, Andromeda, NoV.

"Worst Alliance Ever" is just a catchy title.

So yes, the WAE is probably an alliance we've never heard about, but this kind of topic is about making fun of alliances we all know. You guys are boring, can't you just enjoy the show? :P