Downgrade

Announcementbanner.png

Its not everyday Legion loses a treaty, for they are Honorable, Respected and overall loved. UCN though saw our governments wanting to take our respected alliances in separate directions, and so UCN canceled the MDP well over 72 hours ago.

Preamble

To protect and maintain the prosperous relations and views of our alliances from aggressors, The United Commonwealth of Nations and The Legion agree to the following terms of mutual defense.

Non-Aggression

In the signing of this pact, the signatories agree that nations of either signatory alliance will not attack a member of another signatory alliance. Should a nation attack a nation in the other signatory alliance, they will be forced to stop immediately and pay fair reparations for the damage they have done.

Sovereignty

In the signing of this pact, it must be clear that both organizations will remain sovereign, as will the members in each alliance.

Defense

In the signing of this pact, both sides agree to come to the defense and aid of the other signatory if an attack is made on said signatory.

Should either of the signatory alliances be attacked by another power, the other is required to come to its assistance with its full strength and resources.

To prevent alliance war chaining if either party is attacked due to being involved in a war against a third party, then the other party is under no obligation to act but may choose to do so.

It must also be clear that this pact is intended to only defend the safety and prosperity of the signatory alliances, and not as a tool to aid in any imperialistic goals of either alliance. To prevent such events from occurring, this pact may be broken to further protect and maintain both alliance's safety and integrity (See Article IV). If there is ever a conflict of interests between multiple MDPs, neutrality is the only option

Termination

This pact may be broken for the reasons hereby outlined in this article.

First, if one of the signatory alliances commits an act of aggression that is considered by the other alliance to be motivated only by imperialistic goals.

Second, if one of the signatory alliances performs acts of espionage or other forms of foul play against another alliance.

Third, if one of the signatory alliances commits or officially sanctions any act, be it military or verbal that is considered immoral by the other signatory alliance. If any of these conditions are met, it is reason for the offended signatory alliance to declare a termination of the pact.

If this pact is to be broken, both signatory alliances must agree to, but are not limited to, the following. First, the offended alliance must notify the offending alliance of their intentions to break the pact at least 24 hours in advance in order for said alliance time to prepare for the change. Second, both alliances agree to a 72-hour period of mandatory non-aggression, in which neither side may declare war upon each other.

Conclusion

This mutual defense pact between The United Commonwealth of Nations and The Legion is signed in good faith. This pact is considered superior to and can override any standard Non-Aggression Pact if ever there is a conflict of interest between them.

Though while the MDP between our alliances does not exist any more, UCN still respects and loves Legion, and hereby signs the "PIAT to the Future" with our brothers in hoping one day, a signing of a MDP will again appear on the horizon.

Special thanks goes out to KingWill IV who was my opposite within Legion :awesome:

LegionFlag.png250px-Amazingglobeflagv3refined_cop.png

PIAT TO THE FUTURE

This treaty is between the alliances of The Legion and the United Commonwealth of Nations (UCN) with the intention of further ensuring the safety, security and prosperity of the membership of each alliance. It also serves as a symbol of the continually improving friendship, loyalty and bond shared between the two alliances.

Article I: Sovereignty

It must be understood that both alliances shall remain sovereign and independent organizations. Either organization undertaking action (aggressive or defensive) against other entities not included in this agreement does so without implication of the other signatory.

Article II: Non-Aggression

No member of either signatory alliance may participate in, support, or condone military action against any member within the corresponding signatory. If a member nation of either signatory alliance is found to have done this, they will be ordered to offer peace within 48 hours of the initial notification, and pay reparations equivalent to the total damages inflicted. Failure to follow these protocols will result in the expulsion of the offending member.

The membership of each signatory commit to remaining civil towards each other at all times, particularly in public channels, but also in private. Friendship and good humor shall prevail throughout any communications.

Article IV - Friendship

The signatory alliances and their members will treat each other with as much respect and decency as they would their own members. Healthy debate, discussion, and constructive criticism are not restricted, but alliance members are expected to show tact and consideration when addressing any grievances, namely by making full use of proper diplomatic channels, and never attempting to make public spectacles out of private matters. Any information gathered by one of the signatories with potential impact on the security of the other shall be promptly and privately forwarded to them, so long as it conflicts with no other treaties or obligations.

Article V - Assistance

Both signatories agree that neither is legally bound to grant request of military or financial aid form the other. Both signatories are encouraged to do so in the interest of friendship and building a healthy diplomatic relation, however requests may be denied with or without reason.

Article VI: Espionage

Both signed alliances agree that under no circumstances shall either signatory alliance engage in espionage against the other. Further, should a signatory receive information that points towards a possible leak in another signatory's security, this information must be shared and discussed immediately.

Article VII - Termination

Termination of this pact requires 48 hours notice.

Signed For UCN,

Borimir Resurrected, Secretary of the Interior

Popsumpot - Secretary of Exterior

DonPinguino - Minister of Communication

Cashan - Minister of Defence

NuTkaSe - Minister of Foreign Affairs

Signed for The Legion,

King William IV, Minister of Foreign Affairs

The Arbiter, Minister of Economics

Xineoph, Minister of Internal Affairs

totem, Minister of Defense

Lincongrad, Speaker of the House

legion3go5-1.png

BEERS ARE ON UCN, FOR WE LOOK TO THE FUTURE WITH LEGION AT OUR SIDE

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting sigged. Quite possibly the funniest quote I have seen in ages. I cannot believe that you could have typed this with a straight face.

Well, one part of it is certainly false. Good to know you guys are still out there. We missed you at our last few announcements.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by Lincongrad

[intro]

Girl, understand why

See it's burning me to hold onto this

I know this is something I gotta do

But that don't mean I want to

What I'm trying to say is that I-love-you I just

I feel like this is coming to an end

And its better for me to let it go now than hold on and hurt you

I gotta let it burn

[Verse 1]

It's gonna burn for me to say this

But it's coming from my heart

It's been a long time coming

But we done been fell apart

Really wanna work this out

But I don't think ya gonna change ya

I do but you don't

Think it's best we go our separate ways

Tell me why I should stay in this relationship

When I'm hurting baby, I ain't happy baby

Plus theres so many other things I gotta deal with

I think that you should let it burn

[Chorus]

When your feeling ain't the same and your body don't want to

But you know gotta let it go cause the party ain't jumpin' like it used to

Even though this might bruise you

Let it burn

Let it burn

Gotta let it burn

Deep down you know it's best for yourself but you

Hate the thought of her being with someone else

But you know that it's over

You know that it was through

Let it burn

Let it burn

Gotta let it burn

[Verse 2]

Sendin' pages I ain't supposed to

Got somebody here but I want you

Cause the feeling ain't the same find myself

Callin' her your name

Ladies tell me do you understand?

Now all my fellas do you feel my pain?

It's the way I feel

I know I made a mistake

Now it's too late

I know she ain't coming back

What I gotta do now

To get my shorty back

Oh oh oh oh

Man I don't know what I'm gonna do

Without my boo

You've been gone for too long

It's been fifty-eleven days, um-teen hours

I'mma be burnin' till you return (let it burn)

[Chorus]

Let it burn (let it burn, let it burn, you gonna learn)

Let it burn (gotta let it burn)

Gotta let it burn

you know that it was through

Let it burn

Let it burn

Gotta let it burn

[bridge]

I'm twisted cause one side of me is tellin' me that I need to move on

On the other side I wanna break down and cry (oh)

I'm twisted cause one side of me is tellin' me that I need to move on

On the other side I wanna break down and cry (yeah)

[breakdown]

Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh oh

Ooh ooh oh (can ya feel me burnin'?)

Ooh ooh ooh oh ooh oh

So many days, so many hours

I'm still burnin' till you return

[Chorus]

Let it burn

Let it burn

Gotta let it burn

You know that it was through

Let it burn

Let it burn

Gotta let it burn

:ph34r:

Seriously though, o/ UCN, and good luck to you in all your future endeavors. :)

Its not everyday Legion loses a treaty, for they are Honorable, Respected and overall loved.

At this point I couldnt read anymore because my hand was firmly covering my face and I ws laughing as hard as ive laughed in CN in a long time.

Its not really like this cancelation did anything anyways. Legion has a great track record of coming to the defense of their allies in need.

Edited by Master-Debater

Either my understanding of the treaty web is really off or several more major treaties would have to be significantly downgraded or terminated by both alliances for the UCN and Legion to head into significantly different directions.

At any rate, best wishes to both of you.

Edited by General Specific

OMG UCN totally did the right thing because this is 2006 or 2007 and The Legion is, like, totally the THAT alliance, you know? I mean, for realz, things on this planet are totally static and forevorz frozen in place and no one ever moves on.....everz.......everz, everz. Let me sig the whole OP because I am totally OG and a Legion bashing sig is, like, the freshest! epic thread is, like, totally epic!

On a serious note I wish UCN nothing but the best, you guys are awesome.

Edited by jacosby