Trashcat's Corner: This Time with More Bias

Stumpy Jung Il

Trashed-II.jpg

(Image by SkyGreenChick of Valhalla)

DANGER: The following piece does not include any talk of nukes, e-peen, extortion, or TPF worship. All GRAN members should refrain from reading at all costs. Thank you.

Welcome my loyal readers, I’d like to welcome you to yet another issue of Trashcat’s Corner. This week has seen nuclear proliferation, trolls, and cancellations, all while remaining disrespectful and completely out of hand. Just the way I like my Planet Bob. Its been a busy week and a lot has happened, so lets skip the talk and get right into this issue.

They Paid How Much? For Who?

I know the topic is vague but I’m pretty sure you can all tell where this is going. It was announced this week that Zenith has finished paying a grand total of 2,000 tech to GOD for the release of Kaiser Martens. While I am not fan of Perma ZI, I must admit my eyes popped out of my head. Now, Ill be the first to admit that I love KM’s shenanigans and German !@#$ (lol jk I really don’t) but I am baffled that someone would pay that much for such a character. Of course the thread was full of people hailing Zenith for a job well done (no one really hailed GOD, I guess extortion doesn’t get the props it did when NPO did it to MK) and I must admit I also respect their ability to dish out the tech. However, you have to wonder why. Why on Earth would someone go through that much trouble for that IC character? Either way, TPF showed in force to praise the act, despite being the ones who kept the dear Kaiser there for as long as I can remember for OOC reasons. Anyway, I just had to express my complete amazement for that kind of work. Congrats Martens, you apparently have a price, and it is quite steep.

Communication is a Serious Problem with CN alliances!

Well, I am saddened to inform you readers that yet another friendship was ruined by the lack of communication this week. I, for one, am scared. This is clearly a pandemic growing within CN users and it must be investigated immediately. Who knew that we were all so bad at talking to our friends? Of course what Im talking about is the Sparta – TPF MADP cancellation that we witnessed this week, yet another treaty that was canceled over a growing distance between the two alliances. What exactly is the required amount of communication to hold a treaty? I really think an exact level should be set so we can know when to throw the “!@#$%^&* flag.” However, despite this level lacking Im calling shens anyway. The fact that several posts reeked of bitterness and Spartan members were banned from posting in the thread all points to one obvious conclusion: There is some drama a brewing. The thread did not fail to deliver however. Soon the thread devolved into a slew of people congratulating both sides on losing their ally as well as people arguing the pleasantness of people congratulating either party. Just when it seemed that the thread would spiral into a complete “no u” argument over who was in fact better off, an off topic troll session saved the thread, brought some laughs, and ended the argument. Thank God for that one, I was about 5 more posts from killing myself in boredom. However, in closing, I would like to say that no one is fooled by all this talk of communication. Something is obviously coming, these mass cancellations are just too obvious. The only thing I can say is Im glad people are finally actually speaking their mind. Ignore the fact that some of us have always been doing this, way before it was cool, but better late then never I suppose. It was also nice to see a decrease in defensive treaties this week, showing a ratio of 1 cancellation to only about 4 or 5 new ones. With this declining number well have around 1 trillion treaties in no time!

deck1836530.jpg

(Image by rsoxbronco of Athens)

Why Can’t We Be Friends?

Well it looks like MK is once again the focus of yet another article, this time focusing on the RoK – MK PIAT signed this week hailing in a new era of Aqua relations. For those that weren’t paying attention for the last year, RoK and MK had a bit of a fuss over the direction each alliance was taking, ending in several harsh words, and a tension that would help kill any hopes of Aqua unity. This was only worsened by leaked Hoo logs, public posts made by MK and RoK members, and the bandwagoning of each sides allies attacking the others. It was literally the worst conflict that Aqua has yet to see as well as one that would destroy much hope for Aqua unity in the future. However, this new treaty brings about a revival of relations between the two alliances, and as someone who was in the middle of the last conflict, I am very pleased to see this mending of bridges. Way to go guys, keep up the good work.

Untitled-1-14.jpg

(Image by CptGodzilla)

Hats Off To FAN

Well Im going to keep this short, but I am tipping my hat to FAN on their amazing underdog victory over NPO. Who would have thought that itd be NPO to surrender to FAN? I know I didn’t. However, props to you guys for coming to form and defeating your oppressors. On a more serious note I’ve noticed a revival of the “Free FAN” movement and must say Im glad to see that people are finally trying to get that alliance out of perpetual war. However, just like EZI, it wont mean much without the larger alliances backing and approval. Something I don’t see many, if any, of them giving anytime soon. Good luck FAN, Im rooting for you.

MHA Comes to Bat and Hits the Proverbial Home Run!

Big news coming out of MHA this week, who announced several massive changes in their overall Foreign Policy. The first part of their announcement addressed the use of EZI and Eternal War, both of which are now banned under MHA doctrine. I applaud this move, I mean I absolutely applaud it. While Gramlins was the first to really come out and define their peace process, I am glad to see other major players coming forward to promise peaceful conclusions to conflicts. I am also pleased to see any sanctioned alliance removing their EZI policy especially after claiming several times that we need big players to finally rid ourselves of that despicable aspect of the game. To be honest, I know that they changed it in response to me calling for such in my last issue, and they also just wanted a shout out in this issue. You almost got away with it to, but Trashcat is ever vigilant (I also like to think all major alliances base their policies off my ideas, my ego is just that big). The second part of the announcement was that MHA now has given themselves the option to first strike nuke in case of war. I also applaud this action and I wish more alliances would take it. This is a tool of the game, it is a weapon, and you might as well use it. However, Id also like to point out a small observation. Nukes use to be taboo in this game, and the prevention of them was actually a focal point for politics in many ways. Could the proliferation of nuclear weapons and the openness to using them be a sign of apathy in this game? The fact that we no longer hesitate to use a weapon that’s suppose to work as a deterrent can be seen as us caring less and less for the creation of international law, as well as our nations in general. I, for one, view the more open use of nukes as being a sign of dwindling care for ones nation, as well as a sense of apathy towards self-preservation. Just a thought. However, Id also like to say that MK did it way before it was cool. Hats off to you MHA, you have a fan.

Did Someone Say A !@#$ Ton of Nukes?

Well, I gotta give props where props are due: Holy !@#$ IRON. This week IRON announced that it has reached the 4,000 Nukes, giving them the largest nuclear arsenal in the history of Planet Bob as well as the status of being the first alliance to ever reach this milestone. Seriously, that is !@#$@#$ terrifying. I don’t really know what else to say… Congrats on being able to destroy the world? Hats off to you on having the biggest e-peen this week on Planet Bob.

So I herd U Didn’t Want to Get Nuked Again?

Well, this week we also witnessed a pretty massive treaty move from two very different parties. That’s right, this week we witnessed a PIAT signed between MK and NPO, the first treaty between the two since the Unjust War. This treaty has created quite the huh-bub, especially the clause tagged on after the treaty releasing MK of their restriction to having a first strike nuclear policy. While many have seen this treaty as both a bribe and an avoidance of fighting the CnG bloc again, Archon was quick to deny such rumors in the later interview. Because this is a topic greatly discussed in the interview, I will leave my own commentary to my questions on the subject in said conversation. However, I will say it is nice to see our favorite nuclear alliance in control again, it just didn’t feel right without that policy. Hats off to you MK!

So That Wasn’t An April Fools Joke…?

Well, Pink team surprised everyone this week by announcing that their April Fools joke was essentially not a joke. The newly created “Bus Doctrine” was announced, proclaiming that Pink would help defend tech raided Pink nations who were being extorted, attacked with unjust weapons, or mistreated by their raiders. While many were quick to call this a remake of the catastrophic “Yellow Number 5” it was quickly pointed out by every pink poster to ever post that it was in fact completely different. Many pointed out the hypocrisy of a Pink tech raiding alliance defending unaligned nations, while many others !@#$%*ed any moaned about it being entirely economic. I personally think they are both idiots and it’s a little of both, however, that’s beside the point. Just when you thought the thread couldn’t get any better, we saw TPF come out en masse with what will surely become a new meme, “The Phoenix Hungers.” Now, Im not quite sure where to begin so Ill just ramble and see where that takes me. First of all, really? Is that the best that comes out of alliances these days? More importantly, why do you feel that this is necessary? Such ego stroking and chest bumping does not make you look cool. It in fact makes you look extremely silly, especially since no one actually agrees with you. In fact, Im pretty sure the only thing people agree on in Planet Bob right now is how silly it is to watch TPF threaten PC in every thread they make. But wait, I forgot, they weren’t “threatening” PC, they were simply reminding them to feed their pet birds in a very polite fashion. Knowing this, I actually tip my hat to TPF for being both courteous and friendly to an otherwise hostile alliance.

InternetToughGuy_2.jpg

However, their kindness was thwarted by PC completely being rude to TPF and throwing it in their faces. Seriously, how can PC be so mean to an alliance that has given them so much? I mean, TPF may have tried to kill them, isolated them politically, and dragged their name through PR mud at every chance, but they did offer PC a NAP. Isn’t that enough for you? Im starting to get that impression, however, that TPF has the best record of demanding people forget and forgive, while entirely living in the past at the same time. I am continuously impressed by TPF posters crying about how people wont let them forget their past mistakes, while at the same time constantly hounding alliances for the exact same reasons. Really, Im impressed. Well, the thread continued to deliver with the arguments quickly turning into arguments over Slayer’s past, who is the biggest hypocrite, and whether or not TPF has been good to PC. Finally, it turned into a “no u” fest over who is in fact the biggest hypocrite and slowly died from there. However, if you want to see a “Who’s who” of trolls Id check the thread out anyway considering the showing it got. So, a tip of my hat to Pink team for delivering hilarity and entertainment even if I feel the policy is way more trouble then it’s worth.

This Week In _____________ (Honestly who cares who it is?)

Well this week we saw a very interesting “This Week in Pacifica,” mainly because for once it was actually based on Pacifica. The topic of discussion this week: MK – NPO relations over the CN radio. The content was interesting, bias, and usually selective as usual, but few were surprised by the fact that MK and NPO actually have difference tastes. Who would have thought? It looked like it would be a promising thread with the usual “no u” fest with people crying about the content not being enough, or that Vox are a bunch of drama whores. Of course, no one actually addressed the comments made by Vox, despite how easily this could actually be done. Well, luckily the thread was salvaged by our dear Bilrow, swooping in for the success. The thread quickly became a beacon of hypocrisy as Bilrow tried to claim that he was in fact calling Lady Dakota’s nation a slut in a completely in character way. Now, Im not usually one to pick on someone but… Seriously? I mean just man up and say you’re sorry and move the $%&@ on. I mean, I guess you could go on being a child completely denying any wrong while making snide comments at her just asking you for an apology, but I don’t really see the point. However, it was funny to see how the other side immediately jumped on board the bash-Bilrow wagon as soon as someone else too the first step. Ill be honest, watching them circle the thread like sharks, finally striking when someone else spoke first was pretty funny. In closing, all I learned this week was that the line between OOC/IC is getting progressively stupider, and as we all already knew, was never actually a read standard but merely an optional CB against the less fortunate. But, it was fantastic to see exactly what CN needed right now… another OOC debate thread! Thanks a lot guys, you are the reason I sign on every morning.

deck1910456.jpg

(Image by rsoxbronco of Athens)

This week’s TWiP also showed a shout out to ocho, the new King of GGA. Id like to give my blessing to ocho, and I hope that GGA will accept the truth and bring their savior to power before it is too late. Seriously guys, please just stop the embarrassment and get on with the success. Keep up the good work ocho, they’ll appreciate you some day!

Some Congratulations and Mourning

This week also witnessed some moves that deserve some nods and some frowns. First, this week Jonathan Brookbank was let off the NPO EZI list, a move I am pleased to see after his long time placement on the list. It is good to see someone one step closer to being able to play this game again, especially after such a ridiculous reason being carried out for such a ridiculous amount of time. JB, stay out of trouble this time around, and try to avoid the log dumps. However this week also had its fair share of sorrow with the disbandment of the longtime Aqua alliance the Armed Coalition of Valor. You guys were a great alliance and I will remember the time I spent working with your leaders fondly. A tip of the hat to you guys.

“No U” Gets An Upgrade

This week saw yet another level of “no u” argument, this time taken to an all time ridiculous level. It began with Ivan Moldavi making a thread about peace being a lie or something, which was all good and interesting and written pretty well. Soon after, Hymenbreach made his own thread (not sure why he didn’t just post this in Ivan’s) rebutting Ivan’s, beginning the “no u” war. Soon after believers on both sides took to the fronts saying “no u” in all sorts of fashion. We saw fancy ones, insulting ones, poorly written ones, and all sorts in the between. However, the new level of “no u” argument was made by Arcades, who took it all to a new level. Instead of posting in either of the threads, Arcades proved his ability to piss me off by making a Rebuttal to the Rebuttal argument, really proving that the mods don’t check for spam anymore. So lets see how this played out:

Ivan: Peace is a Lie

People: No U

Hymenbreach: NO U

Ivan and co.: No u

Arcades: LOL WUT NO U OMG LOOK AT ME.

Stumpy: /me facepalms.

Sorry for those expecting a longer explanation, but I just don’t have the time with all the face palming Ive been doing over these three threads combined.

Anyway folks, that’s all for this week, thank you for reading yet another issue of “Trashcat’s Corner.” I’d like to thank all of you useless people for making my job possible and making this game just a little more of a migraine. Please keep reading cause after this article is a interview with Archon of the Mushroom Kingdom and touches on current and past events. Next week, I will be interviewing the infamous Jonathan Brookbank. If you are interested in writing for this paper, being interviewed, or doing graphics/cartoons for it please send me a PM. On that note, this is Stumpy signing off with the shout outs of the week. Thank you.

trashcatreported.png

(Image by Jonathan Brookbank)

The Announcement of the Week goes to…

The Bus Doctrine! Not only was this a huge step but it also brought out the trolls! Seriously, great !@#$.

Poster of the Week Goes to…

Bilrow! Keep digging.

Worst Meme of the Week goes to…

The Phoenix Hungers! I don’t know what else to say about that.

Treaty of the Week goes to…

RoK and MK PIAT! It was positive and a long time coming.

Shout of the Week goes to…

Jonathan Brookbank! Congrats on getting of the lists my friend.

This Weeks Magical Birthday goes to…

LoSS! Congrats on the birthday guys, getting old as $%&@.

Congratulations of the Week goes to…

Sparta! Ill let you figure it out.

Player of the Week Goes to…

Ochocinco! Praise be to the new King of GGA!

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Note: All interviewees are informed that no content will be edited from the interview. All content is unchanged in any way.

Stumpy:

This is Stumpy signing in with "Trashcat's Corner." Today we are interviewing Archon, the ruthless dictator of the Mushroom Kingdom and a leader of the Complaints and Grievances MADP bloc. Archon you are well known, especially for MK's conduct in the last war and the amazing growth that followed. How about we start with your history?

Archon:

Hello Stumpy, it's an honor to be a part of this week's "Trashcat's Corner." As far as the history goes...that might take a while. Were you looking for something specific?

Stumpy:

How about your time in MK? I think most of us know you were a leader in LUE, how about a summary following your creation of MK?

Stumpy:

Feel free to make it brief.

Archon:

I'll do my best.

Archon:

I founded MK in July of '07, when it was abundantly clear that the sphere of influence dominated by the GOONS would be facing off against the Orders' own Sphere. They (the GOONS) were desperate for allies, understandably, and realized there was a wealth of people who hated both sides of the conflict. These were the ex-Aegis/ex-Leauge folks.

Archon:

To that end, they let me have my fun and create an alliance which, while allied to the GOONS, would be given enough freedom so as to be seen as an appealing new home for many of this war-weary folks. There was a lot of early issues between GOONS-MK-NPO, but those were mostly ironed out as to not start the war early, and MK was off and running with ties to both powers.

Archon:

We joined the Unjust Path MADP block, we fought the Unjust War, we lost, and all of a sudden things changed. Now we were free to set our own destiny, having paid our debt off to the GOONS in blood. What followed was a brutal time period, wherein we survived terms of surrender and operated under a NPO foreign affairs blacklist.

Archon:

For those unfamiliar with this, essentially allies of the NPO were strongly discouraged from formal relations with the Mushroom Kingdom with the implication that, at some point in the future, MK would be rolled by the NPO.

Archon:

We managed to flourish nonetheless, attracting some very notable folks to our banner (including this rather sexy interviewer sitting across from me), and even managed to achieve some of our greatest diplomatic work - the foundation of the Complaints and Grievances Union.

Archon:

There were some wars inbetween, and some other business, but it was all foreplay leading up to MK's coming of age/true freedom - the long awaited NPO beatdown. To the rest of you, this is known as GWV or The War of the Coalition.

Archon:

We lost (duh), survived another set of harsh terms, and are now happily flourishing on our own.

Archon:

I'm sure I skipped things over, but we do keep a fairly decent wiki so you can check that out on your own time.

Stumpy:

Thats great, well said on all accounts. However, I have to ask, looking back over your history as you have just described it, would you change anything?

Archon:

Not really, no. We are where we are due to everything that has happened to us as a sum of events. Alter even one piece of that sum and you might find yourself in a vastly different situation. Right now MK has a ton of potential, and are in a very good position within this game. I'm happy with this, and would not want to change a thing.

Stumpy:

A wise statement, indeed. So what would you say your greatest achievement as the leader of MK is?

Archon:

Is retaining my sanity a valid response?

Stumpy:

Haha, I suppose so, especially considering the challenge that comes along with that.

Stumpy:

We both know it was allying TDSM8 anyway

Stumpy:

Ok, joking aside, I feel like I have to ask seeing the state of the big boards. Who is your favorite/least favorite poster these days?

Stumpy:

As someone who always posts in a respectful and thought out manner, Im always interested in who exactly the good posters like and don't like.

Stumpy:

You can say several people for both if you cant decide on just one.

Archon:

I'm tempted to say Shatten as a favorite considering he painted me in a positive light in the TWiP that literally *just* came out but that would be a cop out wouldn't it...

Archon:

Honest answer would be that I actually have trouble picking out individual posters who consistently cause me to bash a keyboard into my face.

Stumpy:

Come on, I know you got one.

Archon:

Random alliance member X who has 2 posts on the big boards and whose only contribution is a poorly thought out regurgitation of a party line can sometimes tempt me, as can alliance leaders who are incapable of producing an utterance that even remotely resembles englihs.

Archon:

The latter is moreso out of the fear and awe that they actually managed to become leaders.

Stumpy:

Haha fair enough.

Stumpy:

I think we all know the type.

Archon:

Quite so. And this way I'm not tactless enough to name specific names.

Archon:

In terms of posters I like, well...that's also difficult.

Archon:

Despite my own bad habit of being needlessly verbose, I actually dislike posters who consistent spew out massive walls of text in an effort to achieve intellectual superiority within a debate. I like posters in the vein of Tygaland or Revanche, who deliver concise yet insightful and apt remarks on a consistent basis.

Archon:

Oh jesus I used consistent twice and it's basically on top of itself

Stumpy:

Embarrassing to say the least, Im sure your reputation as an intellect will be ruined.

Archon:

Perish the thought!

Stumpy:

However, I definitely agree with you on both Tygaland and Revanche.

Stumpy:

Ok, so lets get to the good stuff, the current events.

Archon:

Actually, I just thought it was funny that I subconsciously proved my own statement against myself >.>>

Stumpy:

^Everyone will laugh at you, its cool.

Stumpy:

Ok, so as you mentioned, a new This Week In Pacifica has just been posted, how do you feel about MK's involvement in this issue?

Stumpy:

You guys are basically the brunt of the information.

Archon:

I think it is unfortunate that a minor disagreement between the NPO and MK, and at that a small subset of members on both sides, was made to take center stage in what was otherwise a quite useful session. It was also omitted that Dilber stepped in to make sure his guys took the conversation elsewhere, so that we could continue on in peace.

Stumpy:

So you feel you were slighted by the editing of the discussion?

Archon:

That being said, I was made aware that we'd be in the TWiP before it was posted, so it was a relief to see us utilized as a positive foil.

Archon:

No. I feel they were.

Stumpy:

Understandable.

Stumpy:

So the situation is now resolved?

Archon:

Oh absolutely. Once Moo and myself were made aware of the grievances, action was taken on both sides to improve the situation.

Stumpy:

Ok, on NPO - MK relations, I have to talk about this NPO-MK PIAT.

Archon:

I had a feeling that would come up. What did you wish to ask?

Stumpy:

There has been a lot of speculation about this move on IRC and on the boards. Some people are saying its a move to prevent Complaints and Grievances from hitting NPO in a possbile "war" like they did in the last war, especially since our nuclear arsenal has grown. Others are saying its MK way of furthering their stance as a "non blacklist" alliance. How do you see this treaty and its impact on MK's image?

Stumpy:

Do you feel Complaints and Grievances showing of our economic and military ability in the last war and post-war period has anything to do with this nod from them?

Stumpy:

Also, does the release of nuclear clause with it give weight to the suspicion that it is in fact a way of preventing some sort of nuclear attack from CnG in the future?

Archon:

I think that their motivation was two-fold, really. Half of it is precisely what you just said: i firmly believe that they were quite impressed by both the skill and valor displayed by all signatories of the Complaints and Grievances Union in the last war. It is not well known, but when discussing MK's surrender, the NPO worked with MK to ensure that all CnG signatories got peace prior to MK exiting the conflict. Their respect for all of us was evident even th

Stumpy:

Sorry you cut off at "Their respect for all of us was evident even th"

Archon:

even then.

Archon:

However, what also prompted this move was our collective responsibility shown after the war. Instead of giving in to spite, malice, and lethargy, we abided by our terms and paid our dues with a vigor that has only one rival - the job done by the New Polar Order in the aftermath of that same war.

Stumpy:

I think everyone agrees that the Polaris and MK terms payment were the two greatest economic achievements that this game has seen.

Archon:

I'm sure you could speculate quite a lot as to any Machiavellian machinations that powered this treaty signing, but most of them can be firmly aruged away. A PIAT between MK and the NPO does not hold a candle to the MADP block to which MK is attached...any sort of war wherein the NPO was facing off against the Mushroom Kingdom's closest allies would be a clear violation of the friendship and spirit of the treaty.

Archon:

Mind you that I'm referring to a case where they are in direct combat, not just on opposite sides.

Stumpy:

Yes, obviously.

Archon:

Furthermore, the release of the nuclear clause would only encourage, not discourage, the use of the CnG nuclear stockpile.

Archon:

The simple fact is that the NPO wished to move past old bitterness and capitalize on the mutual respect felt between our two alliances. The removal of the term was a courtesy, given that it would be rude to hold an ally under any terms of surrender.

Stumpy:

I suppose some have claimed it was a means of bribery rather than a discouragement. However, your previous statement has excluded such a belief.

Stumpy:

I think anyone whos not trying to pull reasons out of their $@! would view your answer as logical.

Archon:

I would hope so.

Stumpy:

Now that MK is off the black list, looking at the recent history, do you think that MK could even be black listed after its showing in the last war and follow up? I mean, after gaining such respect, do you think the your seclusion would even be possible?

Stumpy:

I am under the impression that after proving yourself, you were in fact in a position to decide your own destiny even if road blocks were attempted again.

Archon:

I think the road would be a lot harder, and that it would cost our potential allies quite a lot of political capital to tie themselves to us. It is not something I would consider lightly before allowing them to do.

Stumpy:

An honorable stance to say the least.

Stumpy:

Ok, so this next question is going to be touchy

Stumpy:

so bare with me.

Archon:

Very well.

Stumpy:

MK has spent half of its existence trying to escape from this unfair assumption that you were a LUE remake, or LUE 2.0 as your accusers have claimed. Through your blood, your words, and your actions you have finally rid yourself of this title amongst many people, at least in a serious manner.

Stumpy:

However, knowing this, you still decided to take the bold step of bringing Vanguard, an alliance also cursed by the LUE past due to Revanche, into your MADP bloc. Did you fear that by doing so you might be tied back to the LUE2.0 past? Did you fear this when deciding? Or were you confident no such claims would arise?

Archon:

I was confident no such claims would arise given that there was a very long body of history, nearly as long as the lifespan of LUE, in which both Revanche and myself proved that our respective alliances had zero kinship with the spirit of the LUEnited Nations. Anyone who would be resurrecting that long dead specter in an attempt to defame us would be immediately seen as desperate for something with which to criticize us.

Stumpy:

Very true. In that vein, are you enjoying working with Revanche once again?

Stumpy:

As an admirer of both of your posts, I was exited to hear that two FA powerhouses such as yourselves would be working together in a new way.

Archon:

I have to admit, I haven't had much of a chance to work with him actually. I've been extremely busy. I'm sure as things heat up, I will have more opportunity to.

Stumpy:

Fair enough. Continuing with current affairs, I have to ask, how do you feel about the Bus Doctrine? If you haven't read this announcement, its the Pink teams agreement to protect and help unalligned pink nations from illegal tech raids (or raids in which the target is mistreated and abused).

Stumpy:

Does it remind you of YN5? Also how about the allies of NPO that are condemning it? Do you find it hypocritical for them to support the Revenge Doctrine while condemning this one?

Archon:

I haven't read it, actually, though I was vaguely familiar with what it is. From my limited knowledge, it does indeed sound like YN5 and there does appear to be a hypocracy here.

Archon:

However, I have to profess my ignorance of the situation again, so I feel uncomfortable condemning others.

Stumpy:

Well, the policy is not protecting all nations, more ones that appeal to them for help.

Stumpy:

They have claimed they only intend to help ones that have been tech raided using air attacks, nukes, several days of attacks, or are extorted by their raiders.

Stumpy:

Basically, attacks that would be considered unnecessary and unjust. Knowing this, how do you feel about the policy?

Archon:

I think it sounds fairly useless. Most unaligned nations are so because they are either ignorant of the politics of the game or dont' have the time to peruse forums and the like. Therefore, most nations either wont' know or will forget that this option is open to them.

Archon:

Thus, there's a higher chance of it being abused by antagonistic unaligned nations.

Archon:

That might be me reaching though.

Stumpy:

Well that brings me to the next point, some people are claiming that its just being used as a "CB when convenient" by those involved. Do you think this could be the intent?

Stumpy:

I personally don't think thats correct, nor does it seem logical, but Im going off some TPF and other alliance posts in the thread.

Archon:

I think that sounds rather silly, as it by no means gives them a strong enough CB to start a substantial war against anyone.

Stumpy:

Tis what I thought myself.

Stumpy:

Moving on though, Id like to touch on RoK - MK real quick.

Stumpy:

As someone who was close to MK and RoK during the Hoo - MK conflict, I am pleased to see these moves. I also think its a great move for Aqua. How do you feel about this repairing of relations? Do you think this is a historic move for Aqua in the sense that it will improve Aqua wide relations as a whole?

Archon:

Absolutely. The rift between our two alliances very much so harmed the efforts of Aquatic Unity. I feel that this move, and the energy behind it, can cascade into a wider effort to heal all residual wounds on the sphere.

Stumpy:

Even with alliances like NATO? Not meaning to point fingers but that is another one that had its complaints with CnG's involvement in ICE.

Stumpy:

Do you see this bringing about a stronger aqua unity for all damaged bonds?

Archon:

Even with alliances like NATO. We've had some positive private contact recently that I'm hoping to caplitalize on in the spirit of good will.

Stumpy:

Thats great news. On the topic of Aqua unity, the MK - Gre treaty was golden. I think a lot of people are impressed. While its not as much a move from MK's ex-black list level (that was already seen with Umbrella) it is certainly refreshing to see MK aligning with the big players. How excited are you about this long awaited treaty?

Archon:

You have no idea. It's the culmination of months of hard work and determination, and to see things finally coalesce into something substantial and awesome is very, very nice to see. It feels good to stretch our legs and once again walk freely, and we've been enjoying our little stroll through everyone's foreign affairs frontiers

Stumpy:

I can imagine, as someone who use to work with MK FA in the post-UJW period I remember how hellish it was to even get alliances to talk to us officially.

Archon:

The dark ages.

Stumpy:

Continuing with Aqua, how do you feel about MHA's recent change of policy regarding EZI and Eternal war (them banning it within MHA)? They have also changed their policy to allow first strike nukes. Do you think these moves are good?

Stumpy:

Also, no joke, It was hellish to say the least.

Archon:

I think the first is a positive step forward , as both things are currently derided by the community at large and ultimately detract from the growth and enjoyment of the game. To see a powerful and influential alliance such as MHA take these steps is very encouraging.

Archon:

Regarding nuclear policies, I find them all to be very foolish. Things of that nature should be decided on a case by case basis, and there should be zero need for any policy of any kind whatsoever.

Archon:

That being said, the folks over at MHA are some of the best in the game, and trust that their decisions are well thought out and are in the best interests of their alliance. They're good people over there.

Stumpy:

Well if I read it right it is. I mean to say that MHA has given themselves the OPTION to nuke offensively.

Stumpy:

Not necessarily saying they will.

Archon:

True, true.

Stumpy:

Ok, I think well end on this last question.

Stumpy:

Its an old one, far from recent news.

Stumpy:

As a leader who has seen his fair share of time on the black list, how do you feel about Polaris' moves after the war?

Stumpy:

Signing with aggressors like Valhalla who helped kick off the beat down that Polaris received and used MK to exploit GR's protectorate.

Stumpy:

Do you think such moves are strategic from a Machiavellian stance, or just foolish because of their past and the obvious question of loyalty?

Archon:

I believe that Emperor Grub is a very capable alliance leader who was placed into one of the most difficult positions anyone has ever been in with respect to this game, and that he has conducted both himself and his alliance magnificently. He has kept them alive, unmolested, and capable of extraordinary growth without tarnishing overly much the positive reputation they gained in the previous war.

Archon:

I rather liked the move, as it spoke to me of a realization that the outside observer can kindly go **** themselves. When you lead an alliance, what comes foremost in your mind is your alliance, and nothing else.

Stumpy:

A bold opinion.

Archon:

Clearly, this is how Grub rules the New Polar Order, and this is why they already reclaimed their sanction and leapfrogged the majority of alliances populating this game.

Stumpy:

Despite an all out nuclear war, this is true.

Archon:

It was a bold move.

Archon:

He has clearly retained the loyalty of his members, as they did not desert when he made what were decidedly contraversial moves.

Stumpy:

Thats absolutely true.

Stumpy:

Actually, hold that thought on the last answer. The real last question: Thoughts on NSO, go.

Archon:

They've accrued a number of big names, and seem to be saying all the right things while sticking to the mantra they've been espousing from the start. They have great potential, and I think that they will definitely succeed with respect to the goals they have laid out.

Archon:

I'll even give a shoutout to the Ginger here :v

Stumpy:

But as a clear personality cult, do you think it will survive? Many fall flat despite initial growth, especially if the personality eventually leave.

Archon:

I think it is moving past a simple personality cult, with figures such as Heft and Doppelganger taking on visible roles within the alliance. So long as their dedication remains firm, I feel they will succeed. Hell, you could argue that the NPO was established as a personality cult around Francos Spain, and he never even played this damn game.

Stumpy:

That is a valid point to make.

Stumpy:

Ok Archon, I feel that well have to cut it there.

Stumpy:

I appreciate you being on the show, you've been a great guest.

Stumpy:

Any closing statements youd like to make?

Stumpy:

Shout outs maybe? Insults? OOC attacks?

Archon:

Stumpy for Dictator of MK 2009?

Stumpy:

I think we can all agree with that.

Stumpy:

Though MK alone is a bit narrow, I was hoping for a bit more of a title.

Archon:

You can embellish it once you're given the power.

Archon:

That's the trick - you ask for just enough to do the rest yourself.

Stumpy:

I don't do anything myself though >_>

Archon:

Then you'll fail spectacularly :colbert:

Stumpy:

At least I didnt fail poorly

Archon:

Touche, good sir. Touche.

Stumpy:

lol and on that note, this is Stumpy signing off for Trashcat's Corner. Special thanks to our guest Archon from MK, Ill see you guys next week.

This is honestly fantastic stuff. I had a thought I wanted to comment on halfway through but have now forgotten it after getting through the other half. Oh well, that is probably for my betterment anyway. Keep up the good work!

Woohoo my own card. Thank you.

Thank rsox, hes the supplier.

As for the RoK comment, I was under the impression that he was giving them a present, and that the rock was indeed a pun. You'll have to ask CptGodzilla for sure though.

I'm not quite sure what RoK's doing there either :S

Also I wanna be made into my own card :(

EDIT: yeah I could see that as a present. Either that or a book :S

Edited by joracy

I'm not quite sure what RoK's doing there either :S

Also I wanna be made into my own card :(

EDIT: yeah I could see that as a present. Either that or a book :S

This is what I get for letting people use crayon drawings for my paper. -_-