Issues Regarding “Fall Barbarossa”

I am confused as to why missile defenses won't block EMP missiles. They are mounted on cruise missiles, correct? Because that is specifically what missile defenses are meant to target... SDI's are solely used for nuclear weapons mounted on ICBMs.
EMP cruise missiles, they could be using EMP cruise missiles?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it has been several days and Justinian has responded and used this time to bring in multiple reinforcements I will be responding, assuming he has not worked to counter my tactics. I am sympathetic to him getting hit by a lot of people, but he should not be refusing to respond to the stronger nations while facing the weakest, its god modding.

I am confused as to why missile defenses won't block EMP missiles. They are mounted on cruise missiles, correct? Because that is specifically what missile defenses are meant to target... SDI's are solely used for nuclear weapons mounted on ICBMs.

EMP missiles airburst to get a larger effect, instead of like normal missiles which come back down.

Strategic Defense Inititiatives can only be cost justified in defending against nuclear attacks, however a strategic defense initiative is broken down into three defense stages, two of which target the ballistic missile rather than the warhead being delivered. You need a specific type of defensive system to defend from ballisitic missile attack rather than a conventional missile, because the ballistic missile attacks you from space. Either way, considering the massive technological disparity between my missiles and his missile defenses, without a strategic defense initiative its dubious he can defeat my counter measures.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1397340

I know you probably wrote this while I was finishing my post, but could you please react to my battle operations. I now have a defensive air umbrella over southwest of the Slavorussian Empire, and you will certainly need to contest with that. Also, have your troops crossed the border into Slavorussia?

But isn't that a bit silly because by that rule I could buy one CM IG and then launch 50 IC at my enemy?

That's because Cruise Missiles do not have such terrible effects so they're pretty much equal to normal bombs in rp sense

http://science.howstuffworks.com/invisibility-cloak.htm

Do some research, the technology already exists. I think I can apply it to my 2024 Air Force that receives the entirety of my military research funding.

That tech is so silly, I can clearly see them.

That, and there is still heat signature.

Edited by BaronUberstein

That tech is so silly, I can clearly see them.

That, and there is still heat signature.

You can see it on a human but imagine a high speed Aircraft with such technology on it in the air most likely when it's dark heat is the only thing that will make it detectable.

The reason I think you would deplete your resources is because of the nuclear war. central Europe was the epicenter of the war. Those countries would be unable to produce enough food for their massive armies, and civilians. So either your army suffers of your people do. when civilians suffer revolutions start, and Germany the Netherlands and Prussia leave the war. leaving the CSSR Norsvea Nordheim and Molokia to face the full brunt of the resistance. Of those 4 the CSSR is the most formidable, but can the CSSR hold out against Slavorussia, who is only slightly less powerful, then you have Bosporan the Northern Empire Crimea Iso and maybe Altin Urda. Molokia would be overrun quickly in my opinion. Then I would expect Norsvea and Nordeim to either surrender or be invaded from the Baltic Sea.

There was already a revolution in the Netherlands as a result of the war, which is why the old Empire is now the Union of Western Europe. You ask if the CSSR can hold against slavorussia? I rather think they can, since Triyun is 30,000 NS above you, and nearly twice your NS.

We are not having invisible technology, either.

Isn't that article just about optical camoflauge which if used for say soldiers would only be useful when they arn't moving and would only really work up close. Plus weaving it into armour and clothing might be a problem?

Guys, are you being serious? Of course the plane is not going to be 100% invisible. However, the plane will be a slight shimmer amongst the 360 degrees of sky and at high speeds... This is technology that exists in 2009, my tech level indicates I should have around 2023 military technology. However, everything in my military is present day equipment ... except my aircraft. How is that unfair at all to RP? Noobs like to have fun too :(

And if you read my factbook, you'll see the planes are vulnerable to nearly all other technologies, they are just extremely fast (used to be space exploration vehicles). In the story, the X-15's take the first casualty from a missile. The invisibility only really defends against close-up dogfights where the naked eye is the best tool.

Guys, are you being serious? Of course the plane is not going to be 100% invisible. However, the plane will be a slight shimmer amongst the 360 degrees of sky and at high speeds... This is technology that exists in 2009, my tech level indicates I should have around 2023 military technology. However, everything in my military is present day equipment ... except my aircraft. How is that unfair at all to RP? Noobs like to have fun too :(

And if you read my factbook, you'll see the planes are vulnerable to nearly all other technologies, they are just extremely fast (used to be space exploration vehicles). In the story, the X-15's take the first casualty from a missile. The invisibility only really defends against close-up dogfights where the naked eye is the best tool.

Mind you, the cloaking technology has had highly limited success and does not have any reliable military applications as of now - therefore, if you want to roleplay something that is currently not possible, you must explain it so to make your RP "legitimate" - else, anyone can simply claim it is unfeasible and they'd have the right of doing so. And given we're dealing with cloaking... eh... they'd be able to go on with their RP without having to recognize your planes.

As it has been several days and Justinian has responded and used this time to bring in multiple reinforcements I will be responding, assuming he has not worked to counter my tactics. I am sympathetic to him getting hit by a lot of people, but he should not be refusing to respond to the stronger nations while facing the weakest, its god modding.

You'll do no such thing. He still has to catch up. Perhaps if you'd warned him OOC-wise that he was going to be swarmed, you might not have had this problem.

Mind you, the cloaking technology has had highly limited success and does not have any reliable military applications as of now - therefore, if you want to roleplay something that is currently not possible, you must explain it so to make your RP "legitimate" - else, anyone can simply claim it is unfeasible and they'd have the right of doing so. And given we're dealing with cloaking... eh... they'd be able to go on with their RP without having to recognize your planes.

I thought he explained it rather well in the post right above yours. It only limits direct SIGHT.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder