Major negotiations assembly, a end to the war in europe?

Maelstrom Vortex

"Let me pretext this discussion by saying there is a bloody and anger filled history between both the Nordic People and the people of Russia. I came into this of a clear conscience of the situation and with an objective mind chasing a hope for a final end to this conflict. There is room for negotiation. Both sides have made errors.. both sides have blame in any war whether it be a communications failure or not putting sufficient effort to not resort to arms and find an agreeable solution by which all win. I sought such a resolution to this conflict. I think it has been achieved, but fundamentally it will lie with the Slavorussians as to whether they wish to put their names to this accord. In the name of peace, I was even willing to make some sacrifices for lands I had part claim to."

2r3flfn.png

"This is the land the nords wish, it is everything on this map to the west of the pink line. In the south is a corridor, highlighted also in pink, which would allow Slavorussia to maintain a black-sea port. At the pink line in Europe, a DMZ would be formed that would be jointly enforced by RUSSIA and by the Nordic Coalition. For every mile of land claimed by the Nords, Slavorussia may claim full ownership over former joint protectorate lands in the Asian/Indian region which was once under Indochinese control.. and in the Chinese/Indian region which is not historic India. The net result would be a 0 sum loss of land for Slavorussia. Additionally, both sides would be strongly encouraged to consider diplomatic and trade ties to alleviate stress among their populations and encourage a spirit of economic co-operation and competition. It would be understood these borders would be accepted as the last result of all past conflicts between these nations and that no other or further demands would be from thenceforth justifiable. These terms may be negotiable, but unfortunately no representative of Slavorussia was available at the exact time needed to make their own counter-proposals or suggestions, this simply shows a will on the behalf of the Nordic Coalition and the nations in the region to co-operate towards a negotiated peace. That said, if these terms are acceptable, let Europe have a final peace.. if not, we need a peace conference with all parties in this conflict aboard because not a single drop of civilian or soldiers blood may necessarily need to be shed to end this conflict."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"This fact is recognized, but there is still a valid reason for their anger. Wars do not get permanently resolved unless the fundamental hatreds are also solved. Oh, I forgot to add.. if this negotiation falls through, the Nords have pledged a no-first-strike policy on WMD."

What valid reason? we remember no such valid reason. This is no doubt simply revenge organized by one man.

OOC: I assume your presence was known, Martens...

"They want the former borders of the Nordland restored. They want their peoples reunited. Again, the terms may be negotiable. The point of this is to get people to stop thinking purely about hating each other and upon how to heal the wound."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"They want the former borders of the Nordland restored. They want their peoples reunited. Again, the terms may be negotiable. The point of this is to get people to stop thinking purely about hating each other and upon how to heal the wound."

What people reunitied? They never owned any of Slavorussia's current territory.

What people reunitied? They never owned any of Slavorussia's current territory.

OOC: Wrong. Martens owned the Baltic States, and Ubersteinia, a very close ally of Nordland, owned several northern areas. Before that, Russany owned a nice big chunk of his northern areas, so technically they could be intending to free Russany as it's own state again, which was once mentioned to me during the planning stages.

OOC: True, actually it is likely that some of the land will be destined to new players. Nordheim for one doesn't want land, maybe just a harbor 3 pixels big, lol. But yes, the Baltic were German/Nordlandic for a long time. If this is accepted, Europe is likely to remain in peace...which will be really, REALLY unusual.

Edited by Kaiser Martens

Slavorussia's diplomat is not amused by the map, not in the least.

“I’m afraid this is unacceptable. Slavorussia will not be making any land concessions to the NC. This proposal as it is cuts Slavorussia off from all western sea trade. This is wholly unacceptable, as it would cripple our economy and allow instability to fester within our remaining borders.

Additionally Belarussia is an old Slavorussian province as are the Baltic provinces. We were most fortunate that the Baltic people voted to become part of Slavorussia after the breakup of Nordland, despite the mistakes made during the communist era. We also take issue with St. Petersburg being taken from us. St. Petersburg or Sankt-Petersburg as we know call it was built by the Slavorussian Tsar Peter I and is most certainly not going to be handed over to the invaders.

Altogether this proposal is unappealing to the Slavorussian government. If the NC is concerned about the welfare of the our people in our western provinces they are invited to send inspectors to interview the population, and inspect the government initiatives in place for the people. They will find western Slavorussia is highly developed, the people there are generally happy being part of Slavorussia. However we cannot and will not consent to having our country spilt apart.”

Azerbaijan fully supports Slavorussia on this matter, the NC must withdraw and take care of its own people, who are still contaminated with radiations, and let organized and democratic countries administrate their own territories, without psychopatic nordics enforcing their will on them.

Edited by President Aliyev

We fully back Slavorussia in their position.

OOC: Wrong. Martens owned the Baltic States, and Ubersteinia, a very close ally of Nordland, owned several northern areas. Before that, Russany owned a nice big chunk of his northern areas, so technically they could be intending to free Russany as it's own state again, which was once mentioned to me during the planning stages.

OOC: Martens and you as the RP'ers, not your current nations. There's a big difference. As for the 'freeing' it, I won't contest that.

OOC: True, actually it is likely that some of the land will be destined to new players. Nordheim for one doesn't want land, maybe just a harbor 3 pixels big, lol. But yes, the Baltic were German/Nordlandic for a long time. If this is accepted, Europe is likely to remain in peace...which will be really, REALLY unusual.

OOC: but it belonged to NONE of the currently existing nations.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Just a note, as I see this issue being claimed somewhere...the lands under dispute are populated by Slavorussians, so anyone claiming the people are being liberated is lying. The people want to live under Slavorussia and so it would be a godmod to claim otherwise (or just really bad propaganda)

OOC: Just a note, as I see this issue being claimed somewhere...the lands under dispute are populated by Slavorussians, so anyone claiming the people are being liberated is lying. The people want to live under Slavorussia and so it would be a godmod to claim otherwise (or just really bad propaganda)

OOC: This. Any Nords living there have long since either left or willingly become Slavorussian citizens.

Perhaps another compromise would be possible? Where a part of the territory noted on that map will fall under a Joint Administration between Slaovrussia and the NC, of course this would give the territory a form of autonomy.

Molakia would gladly return St. Petersburg to the Slavorussians, and would pay to rebuild it aswell.

If we recall correctly, Molakia haven't captured the city yet.

Perhaps another compromise would be possible? Where a part of the territory noted on that map will fall under a Joint Administration between Slaovrussia and the NC, of course this would give the territory a form of autonomy.

Hm, if this can bring about peace, then this could actually work.