Rebuttal to the Rebuttal of the Lie of Peace

Arcades057

snip

:awesome: analogy there (i think you subtly added us to the list of allies mirite).

Anyway it's a bit inaccurate imo. See the thing people here want to "control" the weather, sort of speak, by making everyone say "it's sunny outside" no matter what. So it won't be mattering if it's pouring, as long as there's not a single rational person to admit it there won't be anyone to deny it, so who can say the "truth" anymore?

That's what people are trying to make of the game - if everyone's on one side there are no risks and everything can be sunny all the time. Having a different opinion - or two sides automatically implies an ammount of risk - bigger or lower - which everyone just wants to avoid outright.

Question is do you think this is right?

:awesome: analogy there (i think you subtly added us to the list of allies mirite).

:P It's going to suck for those without an umbrella when the rain comes is all I'm saying :D TOP has theirs :P

Anyway it's a bit inaccurate imo. See the thing people here want to "control" the weather, sort of speak, by making everyone say "it's sunny outside" no matter what. So it won't be mattering if it's pouring, as long as there's not a single rational person to admit it there won't be anyone to deny it, so who can say the "truth" anymore?

That's what people are trying to make of the game - if everyone's on one side there are no risks and everything can be sunny all the time. Having a different opinion - or two sides automatically implies an ammount of risk - bigger or lower - which everyone just wants to avoid outright.

Question is do you think this is right?

Look I don't buy into the propaganda of anyone. There are intresting things happening all the time in CN, even in times of peace. Tensions build, alliances move from one sphere of influence to another. It gets cloudy at times, and it sure as hell can rain and rain hard.

The so called hegamony is not air tight, there are their rivalries and friendships, those jealous and those with asperations. There are those that felt slighted by xyz situation or ally. The world sure aint one sunny place right now, but the rain still hasn't started to fall.

The problem with Vox, and those that support their agenda is everything is black and white, and the amount of propaganda they spew is often unbareable. Sure the other side has it's fair share of "everything is ok" but just because everything is not ok it doesn't mean the sky is falling. Peace is a lie was a well written piece by an elloquent righter. I don't believe the writer quite believes in what he wrote, but it was cool for RP reasons which I love. Other then that please spare me the notion that peace is a lie.

So if I prepare for a rainy day by carrying an umbrella, the fact that there is sun out is a lie?

The lie would be that if everyone carrried umbrellas then the sun wouldnt come back, the lie would be that if everyone were friends then the rain would remain.

I hate these analogies, rain and sun... <_< , dont bring silly examples which have different rules. Its peace vs peace is a lie.

Look I don't buy into the propaganda of anyone.

The so called hegamony is not air tight

It's true that it's not air tight but i don't think my analogy is that far from the truth - most people do want the game to be completely one sided because it's the safest thing for them and it can't be contradicted if you look at it from a realpolitik perspective. Everyone's making compromises in order for that to happen, i just don't think they're worth it and i don't think people should be as scared as they are, simple as that.