"Peace is a Lie" - Rebuttal

Hymenbreach

Eh, I've suddenly stopped caring. It was just mental masturbation anyway. Once the climax of the presentation is reached and the bursting opinions can no longer be contained, entailing an amazing act of warm wordage spewing onto the screen in a vibrant flash of virtual ecstasy- things then change.

Ah... Satisfied, the urge for verbosity plummets while interest shrivels.

Now I want to eat a sandwich and watch TV.

Also, strugleboogleden to you, too.

Edited by Kzoppistan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That my friend is impossible, conflict is an integral part of the human mind.

Mmm... looks like the "humans are inherently" evil train of thought still around? Well if you want to look at it from a biological standpoint-- observe our closest primate relatives who share 99% of our DNA. One is the chimpanzee-- if you just looked at those, you would be well supported in your argument. Like jeez, chimps are domineering, prone to sudden acts of violence and atrocities.

However, look at the Bonobo-- who share just as much DNA. They are starkly passive solving conflicts with random orgies-- you can call them the exact opposite of Chimps.

So one cannot conclude that there is an biological determinism for our aggression-- I don't think any researchers have tried raising a Bonobo male in a Chimpanzee group-- but I'd say culture has a little something to do with it.

However, look at the Bonobo-- who share just as much DNA. They are starkly passive solving conflicts with random orgies-- you can call them the exact opposite of Chimps.

Or you could call sex an expression of violent urges. I wouldn't call conflict or violence inherently evil, either, just natural.

(also I don't remember saying that quote but I don't feel like checking if I actually did or not, so, yea)

Or you could call sex an expression of violent urges.

I must say, I find this to be a terrible descriptor for sex. But maybe what you and I consider violent differs too dramatically for this assertion to be reasonable to me. For this reason, how would you define violence in such a way that there are actions that are not merely "expressions of violent urges"? (Furthermore, would you say that an urge can be unconscious and thus unbeknownst to he who acts upon such an urge? If so, I think that it becomes futilely undecidable whether something is based off an urge or not.)

Perhaps a "redirection" of violent urges would have been better. Either way, I'm not keen on delving too deeply into that particular discussion here. Suffice it to say that as social and predatory creatures we have certain compulsions which feed our passions, and many of these compulsions are not what would be considered wholesome, polite, or particularly good. And.....well, why crazy-awesome random orgies are an effective solution to preventing violence (and why we seem to have a history of violent cultures being sexually repressed) is a discussion that is just a tad bit beyond the scope of this particular thread, except to note that there is probably some sort of connection between our violent urges and our sexual urges which suggests that they are both, at least to some degree, expressions of some of the same fundamental compulsions.

In my opinion, saying peace can be established in a world of 30,000 nations with militaries is much like saying darkness can be established in a closed room with 30,000 people carrying flashlights.

You may live in darkness, but I can see the light.

People in this world just think it is making it impossible to achieve peace. People in this world will ALWAYS try to prevent peace. There will always be people trying to create conflicts. Some groups of people hate other groups. It's just human nature. Nobody can change human nature. And even if by some miracle we do achieve peace...it will be broken in matters of seconds. Peace is a state where we lack passion. For example, in "Candide", outsiders somehow were able to get to El Dorado. This city was a utopia where everybody understood each other and no conflict was ever created. However, it lacked passion. It lacked action and happiness. In El Dorado all your dreams were already alive. Our goal in life is to attain happiness. The journey to get to the goal is what is the meaning of life. That's whats exciting about life. In the utopia, you cut the corners and you already had happiness. Life had no meaning. Peace has no meaning. It's an idea which will most likely never come to live. Human nature will not allow peace to settle. Another example is "Watchmen". At the end of the movie, everyone is at peace. Problem is, there's nothing to write about because there is no interesting news. Just a boring life with no passion. That life is not suitable for humans. It will be broken.

So in a way, peace is a lie. Although I do support peace, I do not believe it will ever be attained. In order to be able to attain peace is for every human to understand each other, and I doubt that will ever happen. Some people will make sure it doesn't happen. Cause our world is filled with crazy people that will work against peace.

Ironically, I would say that war keeps us alive :jihad:

just my opinion