Peace is a lie...

Ivan Moldavi

NOTE: This was presented to the Brotherhood of Darkness within the New Sith Order as an elaboration and comment on our creed. It has only been provided here at the expressed request of several members of the alliance.

This is the first expressive statement from me regarding our creed and the first essay, if it can be called such, in a series outlining in more detail why I believe the Sith Code to be the only relevant philosophy in the Cyberverse today.

This is not an exhaustive commentary and I do not present it as anything more than the ramblings of one member of the Order. Over time I may elaborate on specific points contained herein and with the added segments later this may evolve into something greater than initially expected, but not today.

Today I speak specifically on the first line of the Sith Code and how it relates to the New Sith Order and its desired path in the Cyberverse. Peace is a lie. In a world mired in treated webs that present the allure of peaceful coexistence some may see that as a simple falsehood or an outrageous oversimplification. Both are incorrect.

First, I daresay that at least half, perhaps more, of the existing treaties in the Cyberverse are not worth the ink they were pinned with. Dishonorable intentions coupled with dishonorable acts. The stacking of treaties and jumbling of priorities almost, by default, dictates that when a major war erupts some parties will have to abandon their “allies” and fail to uphold the terms of their pacts and covenants.

Indeed, it is wholly recognizable by even the common nation that in order for any major conflict to transpire beyond the wanton bandwagon types of offences each major alliance will have to sacrifice some aspect of their integrity in order to facilitate aggressive action.

And yet, this has all transpired under the auspices of a lie. It is a lie that has propagated to the point of complete derision for the very concepts upon which the forward mobility of the Cyberverse must progress. The Cyberverse, when viewed as an inclusive and whole entity, survives on conflict. Conflict produces competitiveness. It accelerates innovation. It lends seed to growth and diversity. Without conflict the Cyberverse stagnates and becomes a morass, a pit of bleak despair and dissatisfaction.

Even many of the treaties themselves provide fodder for this flagrant mistruth through their very nature. A mutual aggression or mutual offensive pact implies the underlying principle of shared conflict but does nothing to provide for it directly. Most of the treated webs are little more than collective deterrents meant to stopgap the concept of open conflict and warfare and make the waging of same obsolete. The world is afraid of war because war, at least on the largest scales, challenges the status quo.

The world needs conflict to survive. To claim that a world of peace is the best alternative for the growth of the Cyberverse is to give in to the lie. Those that give in to the lie should regulate themselves to the neutral alliances that espouse no warfare under any circumstances instead of taking part in meaningless libraries full of treaties and pacts that only remain valid so long as the lie is support abroad. Once the veil of the lie falls, the webs as a whole will fail.

Peace is a lie…

The strong will survive.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk is cheap. ;)

You are correct. That is why the New Sith Order has only established one non-stacking mutual defense pact outside of the Brown trading sphere and is not actively seeking any others. We will follow up our "talk" with the expressed act of not taking part in the ever expanding treaty webs.

At least its seems most are starting to catch on, a lot of alliances are looking over treaties, the web is being cut down a little. It will be a fun summer or late spring.

One can at least hope at this point that the trend will continue.

this is truth...... There can never be full peace. We in cyberverse would go nuts if there were. The only real thing that keeps us playing and growing are the speculations of war and the competition it brings. Survival of the fittest

great read. Cant wait to read more

And before I forget to comment: I wholeheartedly agree with Ivan's reasoning. I've been around for almost three years now, and I've watched a 20 line treaty map turn into a jumbled mess within that timespan. It's natural to question the amity between some treaty partners and such as a result.

Edit: I'll be back tomorrow to read responses.

Edited by Heyman

You are correct. That is why the New Sith Order has only established one non-stacking mutual defense pact outside of the Brown trading sphere and is not actively seeking any others. We will follow up our "talk" with the expressed act of not taking part in the ever expanding treaty webs.

I'm actually quite surprised and happy that an alliance has finally chosen this path. As I look back on the previous wars, a lot of good really could have came out of alliances opting not to do massive webs of MDPs. I wish you guys at NSO the best. With the route you guys are choosing, I really think(and hope) that your alliance will remain conflict free.

I also think it's worth noting the inflation of treaties has in turn deflated the value of treaties, cancelled at will and starting out at the MDP level. I remember a time when NAPs were signed and taken seriously.

Time will tell, I think trends are already headed in the direction of limited treaties. It will take a long time before the effects will be felt.