Fall Barbarossa Ausf B.

Kaiser Martens

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

## Private Message to Tzar Justinian ##

"We believe in your cause though we cannot intervene directly. We have opened a line of credit to your country to use for the war that you may tap should you need it, the amount available to you on the lending is up to 500 billion of our sovereign wealth fund. The rate on the loan will be capped at 4% as it is meant to be a form of support and not a profit vehicle, but we do need to recapture some of the funds utilized over time and to hedge against the risk that you may possibly lose and the loan go completely invalid. We wish you the best of luck and if you can think of any other means by which we may aid you, please let us know."

"We're also in talks with Artemis about possibly procuring a mercenary defense contract on your behalf. We do not wish to violate your sovereignty, but if you would wish to be protected by them I would be happy to fund the force committment."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

IFF data as well as hourly position data will be transmitted to both the Nordlandic Confederacy and Slavorussia to prevent any accidents. A number of relief ships will remain in the North Sea, while a small flotilla will enter the Arctic Circle and position itself off the northern Slavorussian coast to assist in evacuation and humanitarian operations there, should it be requested.

Another small flotilla will enter the Black Sea and coordinate operations with the UK, should they decide to participate, for humanitarion operations there.

Promised Land denounces this invasion of Slavorussia as nothing less than blatant agrression. Whether imperialism or some other motivation, Slavorussia has been nothing if not honorable in all its dealings.

Were it not for our distance fromt he conflict, we would declare open support for them.

***Classified***

All systems placed in DEFCON 1. That announcement is sure to attract attention.

Classified TO: All nations that have expressed their disaproval. Now is not the time to simply condemn the attack. if you are capable, now is the time to do something about it! Those of you at war with one another, call it off. Asia faces a much greater threat than any threat you could pose one another.

Another small flotilla will enter the Black Sea and coordinate operations with the UK, should they decide to participate, for humanitarion operations there.

The Tahoe flotilla are granted permission to access the Bosporus and Dardanelles straits. We shall cooperate with them in humanitarian operations.

With that, the UK strongly urges the Nordlandic Confederacy cease their attack on the Slovorussian Empire and enter into peaceful negiotations. Only through that can the possibility of a wider war be averted. Have Europe not seen enough wars yet?

"Viniland condemns the predictable and... (god knows which number) war in Europe, most specifically the Nordlandic nations, as a result of cheer imperialism and hunger for land. We are undecided on whether if we should care about the continent anymore - we thought a nuclear holocaust in the continent would be enough to let the nations of Europe know how terrible for the whole of humanity war can be... and guess what? Less than a year later, they're at it again!"

Classified:

Agents inside European nations are actively seeking real-time information about the conflict.

Message to the United Kingdom:

"We desire to send a number of hospital ships to the Black Sea, so some relief and assistance can be given to suffering civilians.

Classified:

Agents inside European nations are actively seeking real-time information about the conflict.

OOC: Hm, are they aware of that? :P

Message to the United Kingdom:

"We desire to send a number of hospital ships to the Black Sea, so some relief and assistance can be given to suffering civilians.

IC:

***Message to Viniland***

Permission granted. We shall work with you and Tahoe on this.

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: Hm, are they aware of that? :P

OOC: Well, it's just assumed that those agents behave pretty much like regular citizens, they're of course not going to know a whole lot (particularly given I didn't RP them in detail or anything in any country) but at least be aware of some stuff... given I have a CIA, hundreds of spies and very high tech levels in-game.

IC:

***Message to Viniland***

Permission granted. We shall work with you and Tahoe on this.

To UK:

We thank the United Kingdom for their commitment to humanitarian efforts in Europe.

**Classified to the United Kingdom**

To: Emperor and Prime Minister Constantine

From: The Desk of Sarah Tintagyl, Lady Protector of the Commonwealth

Your Excellencies,

Seeing your neutrality in this unfortunate engagement is a blessing to the world. I would ask your permission to begin to send White Cross officials and aid into your country so that we will be able to distribute to civilians that are caught in the conflict. Byzantium is the sensible choice for a base for our efforts and we hope as signatories in the organization that you will consider my proposal. These are chaotic times and these people now require our help more than ever. Please respond as soon as you can, there is no telling, when it could be too late.

nkflag2.png

Konungur Ty makes an announcement on the radio and TV and begins reading his prepared speech

"Fellow citizens of our glorious Kingdom of Norden, the gears of war are moving and we find ourselves trapped between two colossal powers, the New Northern Empire with RUSSIAN and the Nordic Confederacy. Both of these forces soon will be, if they are not already, at war with each other, and we will more than likely be located in the middle of a war. The NNE have been our protectors since we first were born, giving us peace and safety in an increasingly unstable world. However, the sands of time have slowly eroded, much like our relationship with NNE. We have always been uncomfortable with communist governments and that is exactly what NNE has become, a giant sleeping communist nation in hibernation, one which has suddenly been awoken. Our border has always been open, and I fear that this is now a potentially fatal error. But let us not forget our Nordic brothers in Scandinavia, brethren who are similar to us with our bonds growing stronger every day. I am proud to say our future as a nation lies with our Nordic allies.

We have always preached pacifist ideals, however now is the time for action. By blood and honor, we will not turn our backs from allies such as Nordheim, Molakia, or Norsvea who are in need.

As such, we have considered every option and we are left with no choice but to evacuate our nation. We are nothing but a roadbump to the NNE war machine with our open borders and I will not allow our nation to be taken over like that. Effective immediately, we are highly suggesting every citizen evacuate. However, ultimately the choice will be left to you, I know that for some it will be impossible to leave the area where generations of their family have lived. We will try to ensure your well being and will make it known that only non combatants occupy Norden Kingdom for the duration of this war. More information on evacuation to follow.

This has been a difficult decision but I will feel vindicated years from now knowing that spilt blood on Norden land was prevented. May the northern winds provide direction and safety for us all."

A looping emergency broadcast started:

EVACUATION HAS BEGUN

All families opting to be evacuated, please proceed to the nearest port or airport. All trains will provide around the clock transportation and buses have been diverted. Please take all essential items you may need, especially the government issue Gas Masks and Iodine Tablets. Thank you.

*CLASSIFIED to Tahoe and other humanitarian aid nations*

We have an estimated 3 million of our 4 million population who need evacuation as soon as possible. We would preferably like to have them taken to a willing neutral nation for the duration of the war however if nothing else we would like your ships to take them to Nordheim. We feel they will be much safer there. If you are willing to take in these refugees for the duration of the war, we will pay for all expenses such as shelter, food, etc. Thank you.

Konungur Ty Eyvindsson

Forsætisráðherra Ísólfur Ármannsson

*CLASSIFIED to Nordic Confederacy*

LST_314_Navsource.jpg

Troop ships being loaded

Our entire 315,000 reserve force and 5,000 active duty forces have been mobilized. We are currently loading our troop ships which should arrive in northern Scandinavia tomorrow. Our troops will be used to fortify defensive positions in Norsvea, Nordheim, and Molakia as requested by Martens. All Norden troops will be under the leadership of Commandant Havard Jacobsson.

Norden Armed Forces

Border Guard

1st Battalion

2,000 soldiers

2nd Battalion

2,000 soldiers

3rd Battalion

1,000 soldiers

1st Reserve Force

Alpha Division

30,000 marines

120 MBTs

Beta Division

30,000 marines

120 MBTs

Gamma Division

30,000 marines

120 MBTs

2nd Reserve Force

Delta Division

50,000 soldiers

200 MBTs

Epsilon Division

50,000 soldiers

200 MBTs

Zeta Division

50,000 soldiers

200 MBTs

Iota Division

50,000 soldiers

200 MBTs

Omega Division

25,000 soldiers

160 MBTs

We have an estimated 3 million of our 4 million population who need evacuation as soon as possible. We would preferably like to have them taken to a willing neutral nation for the duration of the war however if nothing else we would like your ships to take them to Nordheim. We feel they will be much safer there. If you are willing to take in these refugees for the duration of the war, we will pay for all expenses such as shelter, food, etc. Thank you.

Konungur Ty Eyvindsson

Your Excellency,

In the past the Hansa has maintained a open border policy for all refugees displaced by war or fear war. Under our Humanitarian and Refugee Act we can also cover a great deal of the cost for your civilian population. As soon as you give me the word, I will send as many transports I can commandeer and will personally see to it that no harm comes to these people. It is the civilians that are the most innocent in situations like this. Also, Your Lordship, if you require refuge, I can also accommodate your person. I hope that Norden will always trust the Hansa in these perilous times and I hope that this will bring our nations closer and closer together in the bonds of friendship.

Sincerely,

Sarah Tintagyl

Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Commonwealth

OOC: Well, it's just assumed that those agents behave pretty much like regular citizens, they're of course not going to know a whole lot (particularly given I didn't RP them in detail or anything in any country) but at least be aware of some stuff... given I have a CIA, hundreds of spies and very high tech levels in-game.

OOC: Ah, I see... :D

IC:

To UK:

We thank the United Kingdom for their commitment to humanitarian efforts in Europe.

IC:

To Viniland:

You are welcome.

**Classified to the United Kingdom**

To: Emperor and Prime Minister Constantine

From: The Desk of Sarah Tintagyl, Lady Protector of the Commonwealth

Your Excellencies,

Seeing your neutrality in this unfortunate engagement is a blessing to the world. I would ask your permission to begin to send White Cross officials and aid into your country so that we will be able to distribute to civilians that are caught in the conflict. Byzantium is the sensible choice for a base for our efforts and we hope as signatories in the organization that you will consider my proposal. These are chaotic times and these people now require our help more than ever. Please respond as soon as you can, there is no telling, when it could be too late.

***Classified to the Hanseatic Commonwealth***

To: Sarah Tintagyl, Lady Protector of the Commonwealth

Greetings Sarah Tintagyl, Lady Protector

I have received your letter, and I am fully willing to grant permission for White Cross officials and aid to cross the Bosporus and Dardanelles Straits. These are trying times, indeed, and Europe had just recently come out of a devastating nuclear war. It is unfortunate these things have to happen, and we all have to suffer the consequences for it.

- Jed Constantine, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Byzantium, Greece, Georgia, and Transcaucasia

Edited by JEDCJT

CLASSIFIED to Tahoe and other humanitarian aid nations*

Konungur Ty Eyvindsson

Andonia will take any refugees.

Edited by freakwars

To the Norden Kingdom: Why would you ever think we'd use an ally? That is blatant slander and you know it. We are not a monster or a machine. We are a nation who will stand loyal to an ally.

The nation of Slavorussia will recieve our assistance. Considering we are already mobilized they will begin moving now.

Konungur Ty Eyvindsson

Classified reply:

"Viniland can very well help with the transportation of the refugees, as well as being able to lodge as many as one million refugees. Since we have dealt with a recent large influx of refugees before, we are afraid that housing any more than that amount would bring harm to our nation."

Public movements:

Dozens of ships, mostly including hospital ships, large cargo ships carrying assorted supplies and some smaller vessels were speeding at full velocity, and were nearby the Mediterranean Sea already. They would not take long before they made to the Black Sea.

The Prussian rear-guard land forces on the Baltic states had been massively successful, the 500,000 men and multiple divisions of tanks functioned to reinforce the northern offensive, providing logistical support to the front lines, and--most importantly--leading the assault on Northern Belorussia in an attempt to cut off the Baltic states and pocket from Russian mainland supply.

The artillery bombardment began early, with support of precision logistical and troop bombardment from fast moving aircraft flying low and fast near the Prussian flanks. The aircraft flew not only to control the ground, but also the skies above Russia, Air Supremacy was a chief priority of the 25 squadrons of Nordlsk Fighters and Interceptor Craft.

942165_20081125_embed001.jpg

Commander Welkin Günther firing a signal flare to begin the main assault on Belorussia.

As the enemy's logistical and defense capabilities were weakened in the dark hours of the morning, 100,000 ground forces from the main battleground in the Batlic broke off to overwhelm their Belorussian targets. With heavy armor traveling down main thoroughfares in order to block logistics and draw in nearby enemy troops while the majority ground forces advanced in small cities, villages, country roads and held in tactical support of the main kampfgruppe across the nation.

Polish_Army_Poland_soldiers_combat_.jpg

Regular Army Engineers creating a perimeter around a Belorussian arms depot.

Meanwhile, in the Baltic. The 3rd fleet: Kriegsmarine-Prussia began to reinforce the Jutland strait and 20 kilometers in both directions with Thermite mines and routine patrol. The Fleet also has deployed GROM Engineers to Uberstainist gun platforms in the Baltic to refurbish them to their prior fearsome glory. 2nd fleet: Kriegsmarine-Prussia began to do the same (though rather more strategically) in the North Sea, primarily near the coasts of allied nations in Scandinavia. Break off groups from the 2nd fleet focused on mine placement near the Molakian border intensely.

saar1.jpg

Mine-laying cruisers in the North Sea

Computer scientists in the militia began to monitor the Prussia geo-sync satellites and shoring up the Prussian and Nordic Confederacy computer networks--both military and key economic institutions across Europe were exceptionally safe. In the meantime, professional computer workers across the nation began to launch attacks upon Slavorussian military communications, economic institutions and general government websites. Prussia--in a strong attempt--has nearly full control over cyberspace.

spy_satellite.jpg

A Prussian Geo-Sync Military Satellite

Finally, the Prussian militia had fully mobilized to border regions and in their home towns. Every man and woman between the ages 16 and 25 will put their compulsory and intense military and police training to use in the coming weeks.

Edited by Brian Reimer

Moscow Kremlin

As time ticks away in Moscow Premier Belyakov meets with his top military advisors, the entire executive and imperial cabinet, and parliament leaders. While the discussion carries on the Premier’s eyes wander aimlessly across the entire room. His cold calculating eyes inspire horror in even his closest advisors. Instantly Vladimir snaps back to reality. He stands up at the head of the table, and fixes his tie. Immediately all eyes are on him, and the room is quiet.

Vladimir_Putin_7_May_2000-1.jpg

“In this time of darkness and uncertainty we are confronted by the most formidable enemy to ever set foot in our lands, but let us not forget that they are still recovering from near nuclear annihilation. Three of the nations aligned against us were struck with nuclear weapons, and to our advantage they are probably the most formidable. I assure you all here today that we will prevail.”

The ministers and advisors applaud the premier, although some are skeptical. Defense Minister Matas Nikov is one of those people. “Excuse me Your Excellecny, but we must face the facts. Despite the fact that their populations were severely depleted by nuclear attacks they have managed to field an army at least one and a half times the size of our own. I have confidence that we can hold the primary line of defense for at least a month, however without aid from our allies we will eventually be forced to retreat…”

Vladimir quickly cuts off the rest of Minister Nikov’s sentence, “We don’t need a month to hold out. Our allies are prepared to strike now. If our attempts at diplomacy fail we will force them to leave.”

Imperial Palace

Tsar Justinian is pacing the room while the news shows images of invading soldiers, armor and artillery crossing the borders into Slavorussia. He already knows what’s going to happen. In a few hours the Imperial Guard are going to move him east away from his people, and away from his government. For once he’ll be damned if they think he’s going to hide while maniacs ravage Europe, then turn around and blame Nordic nationalism for their actions.

He decides to do something nobody would expect. He picks up the phone and makes a phone call to the Premier Belyakov. Minutes later Justinian is dressed in his full military regalia. He marches down the stairs to the main hallway where his chief of security stops him and calls for back up. “Your Majesty, it‘s not safe for you to go outside right now. We‘ve received reports that enemy agents have infiltrated Moscow, and may be plotting to assassinate high ranking Slavorussian officials.”

Justinian pulls out his handgun and sets in on a nearby table. He looks at his chief of security and chuckles “Let them come. I’m ready for them.”

The chief of security chuckles nervously, he thinks the tsar is joking with him at first, but he is not. “Where do you intend to go?”

Justinian stares back at him smiles and says, “Ill be commanding forces on the northern front. Premier Belyakov and I agreed that we should be able to remove the Molokians and take back our northern border. He says it‘s a perfect chance for me to engage in military leadership.” He poses for a minute and holsters his knife and gun. “Of course you‘ll be coming with me, my normal security detail will come, and my exact location will be a state secret.”

Moments later a fleet of military transport helicopters land on the palace lawns. Justinian looks out the window and smiles, “Gentlemen, our ride is here.”

The front lines

Invading forces are allowed to advance past the first line of dragon’s teeth. The plan wasn’t to stop the invading army of course, but to slow it down considerably to allow the full mobilization of the Slavorussian Armed Forces to combat status, and to transport the tens of thousands of soldiers that would be needed to repel the invaders and send them crying back to central and northern Europe.

The would have to take out two more lines of minefields, and dragon’s teeth before they would be in clear and open roads. During periods of inactivity The invaders tanks and APC’s would fall victim to anti-tank guided weapons. Soldiers on foot would be picked off by sniper fire and in some rare cases small detachments of Slavorussian soldiers and tanks would engage the enemy. By doing this Slavorussian commanders hope to thin out the herd before they make it to the main resistance line.

In reality the invaders wouldn’t see any serious resistance until the reached cities like Kaunas, Lida in the west and Pinsk, Mozyr in the south. At that point the enemy would be cut down by automated defenses, the majority of which were protected with EMP shielding. They could attack targets on the ground as well as the sky if necessary, and were fairly well camouflaged. They would also encounter a force of over 300,000 Slavorussian soldiers 2,000 tanks and artillery, and massive numbers of Slavorussian aircraft.

In Belarussia the Luftwaffe proved to be a formidable force in the air. The Imperial air force and the Luftwaffe engage is vicious dogfights over the skies of Belarussia with varied results. Slavorussians decide to bring in the Mobile AA and to add another obstacle for the Luftwaffe to have to tackle.

Slavorussian artillery return heavy fire to ground forces crossing the border. Although the plan to stall the invader’s advance was similar to that being used in Lithuania, Slavorussians had much more space to cover, and were unable to fully deploy area denial weapons before the invasion began. One thing that works tremendously to their advantage though is the fact that Belarussia is also covered by thick forrests, as well as large marshy wetlands ensuring both armor and soldier movement was minimal.

Finally in south west Slavorussia CSSR forces are met with heavy armored and mechanized resistance. Artillery and anti-tank weapons slam into the invading army’s first wave, with promising results. Slavorussian soldiers employ kinetic energy weapons to pierce the invader’s armor and cause as much damage as possible.

The attacks on the communications towers and power plants are somewhat successful. Since Slavorussian command knew those would be the first targets during an invasion they made sure to place defensive fortifications in and around them. The attacks are little more than a annoyance as Slavorussians continue to receive orders from command albeit broken or staticy often times. The CSSR’s emp missiles would also have limited effect. As they soared through the air Slavorussia’s anti missile systems would locate, target and destroy the missile before they could cause severe damage. Even if they were allowed to hit their targets Slavorussia’s military is equipped with minimal to moderate emp shielding. The brunt of the damage would be suffered by the civilians the CSSR and their allies were claiming to be defending.

Another message is sent out to the invading countries by the Slavorussian government:

"Despite the differences our countries have now we must all remember that at one time many of us were allied at one time or another. We all stem from a common origin, though we have evolved differently we are still similar at our core. Let us not engage in senseless and destructive war, and rather work together to fix the mistakes made not only today, but in the past. Live true to your word to and work with us create a more peaceful and stable Europe for future generations."

ooc: I think I responded to everyone let me know if I missed something.

OOC: EHEM!

***Classified***

Classified TO: All nations that have expressed their disaproval. Now is not the time to simply condemn the attack. if you are capable, now is the time to do something about it! Those of you at war with one another, call it off. Asia faces a much greater threat than any threat you could pose one another.

IC: It has also come to our attention that it was nearing time to send another payment to Prussia, in accordance with the agreement set up when they helped us in our time of need. However, we refuse to fund such an unprovoked war of aggression. As such, we are placing a freeze on all Prussian assets in Promised Land. Your property will be returned to you, and payments will resume...at the end of this conflict. Not before.

OOC: Fairly confident in that move, because I have little to no assets in Europe anyway. :P

*Classified*

3,500 Black Eagle MBT (Modified w/ DROZD Active Protection System.) armoured into several divisions are being loaded onto the RUSSIAN Railroad on thier way to Moscow. M113A1s have also boarded the vessels along with 450,000 soldiers have also made thier way onto the trains with the 12.7mm OSV-96 LR Rifles and 9a-91 assault rifles w/ several carrying the GSh-6-30K gun. Mi-17md will protect the convoy although the fast moving bolt train should be no easy target as it travels through 3-4 Russian countries.

Other carts will include 300 Soviet R-5 Pobedas and 120 SS-N-17 Snipes.

We remind Slavorussian that the RUSSIAN missile defense does inclose thier territory and will allow for approaching missiles with ballistics on them to be altered in thier course.

*Classified to all who dissapprove*

THe RUSSIAN Railroad is a bolt train that runs from the far end of NNE to Moscow in Slavorussian. If you wish to transport troops to the front by all means send them to the Guantinimean Port on the Eastern shore of NNE. They will be packed into the vessels and delivered in a hurry to the front.

Edited by mykep