[CNRP] A Reunion

Ranather

Brisbane, Hanseatic Commonwealth

Larsa had only recently returned from Canada and all of the House staff immediately took to noticing the way near-death had changed him. Those eyes, once filled with bold and firey emotion now offered a collected calmness. He seemed reserved and contemplative in his demeanor.

These new traits were put to the test by the first letter he recieved upon returning home. Not so much the letter itself as much as who had wrote it. Larsa had yet to share it with Sarah but he was sure he'd get that chance soon enough. The family perhaps was not as broken as was once seemed.

Larsa was not sure if Sarah had recieved word yet of his return to the estate, so he waited quietly in the Great Hall.

It was mid-morning when she had awoken, the bed that she and her husband shared still absent from his person. Everyday it weighed heavier on her heart, everyday that Larsa was away make her feel less and less of a person. Rolling out of the pristine sheets and covers, she immediately went about getting ready for her Saturday morning, but she moved slow. And after setting her hair and her own physical appearance straight she moved towards the Great Hall of the Manor for breakfast and maybe start on some work. It was a Saturday and she had no real rush to get anything done. As she moved down to the stairs, her nightgown still trailing behind her, she looked down to the hall and her heart stopped for a moment.

"Larsa?" Her eyes sparkled and the smile broke over her face like warm wind. "Larsa!" She ran full speed down the stairs and jumped into her husband's arms like a little girl. "Oh thank God you're okay. I missed you so much! How are you feeling? How was Canada?" She had so many questions and it seemed like it would take an eternity to answer them all.

It was mid-morning when she had awoken, the bed that she and her husband shared still absent from his person. Everyday it weighed heavier on her heart, everyday that Larsa was away make her feel less and less of a person. Rolling out of the pristine sheets and covers, she immediately went about getting ready for her Saturday morning, but she moved slow. And after setting her hair and her own physical appearance straight she moved towards the Great Hall of the Manor for breakfast and maybe start on some work. It was a Saturday and she had no real rush to get anything done. As she moved down to the stairs, her nightgown still trailing behind her, she looked down to the hall and her heart stopped for a moment.

"Larsa?" Her eyes sparkled and the smile broke over her face like warm wind. "Larsa!" She ran full speed down the stairs and jumped into her husband's arms like a little girl. "Oh thank God you're okay. I missed you so much! How are you feeling? How was Canada?" She had so many questions and it seemed like it would take an eternity to answer them all.

Larsa smiled and hugged her heavily.

"I have seen past the gates of Oblivion, through which no waking eye may see. Behold, in darkness, a doom sweeps the land. But in your face I see the dawn of sun's bright glory, to banish the darkness." he said as he closed him eyes and buried his head in her shoulders.

"I honestly believed I might never see you again....and it scared me, Sarah. For the first time in my life, I felt a fear the likes of which I never....ever want to feel again."

Larsa smiled and hugged her heavily.

"I have seen past the gates of Oblivion, through which no waking eye may see. Behold, in darkness, a doom sweeps the land. But in your face I see the dawn of sun's bright glory, to banish the darkness." he said as he closed him eyes and buried his head in her shoulders.

"I honestly believed I might never see you again....and it scared me, Sarah. For the first time in my life, I felt a fear the likes of which I never....ever want to feel again."

Looking up to his face, the tears began to run down her face as she kissed him on the lips and held his face tightly. "It scared me too Larsa, it scared me too, I thought that I might loose you, loose you forever." She smiled and wiped the tears and the gray streaks from her face. "But that's over with, what's important is that you're here now, that you're with me and I'm never going to let go of you again." Taking his hands in hers, she leans in and rests her head on his chest. "Larsa, I have great news to tell you, I found Mikhail, he's alive and after the problems in Europe are over he will be with us again. We can be a family again."

Looking up to his face, the tears began to run down her face as she kissed him on the lips and held his face tightly. "It scared me too Larsa, it scared me too, I thought that I might loose you, loose you forever." She smiled and wiped the tears and the gray streaks from her face. "But that's over with, what's important is that you're here now, that you're with me and I'm never going to let go of you again." Taking his hands in hers, she leans in and rests her head on his chest. "Larsa, I have great news to tell you, I found Mikhail, he's alive and after the problems in Europe are over he will be with us again. We can be a family again."

"Interesting. I too have found someone." Larsa handed Sarah the letter and a photo of a Young/Middle-Aged woman. "My sister-in-law, Mikhail's mother, Caroline. She lives in Ranather's city, Namibe. She contacted me when she heard tell of my condition."

Edited by Ranather

"Interesting. I too have found someone." Larsa handed Sarah the letter and a photo of a Young/Middle-Aged woman. "My sister, Mikhail's mother, Caroline. She lives in Ranather's city, Namibe. She contacted me when she heard tell of my condition."

Her eyes lit up and sparkled like sapphires. "I don't think we can be more fortunate my dear, perhaps we can have a great joining of your...our family. I told Mikhail that we expected his presence as soon as things in the world calm down. I would hope that Caroline would be able to come as soon as possible as well. I have never met my sister-in-law, it would be an honor for me to see her in person. There are so many things that I would like to see done with our family and a reunion like this would be more than I could ask for."

Sarah smiled, but inside her heart dropped into her stomach for a moment. Larsa was indeed lucky, so much love, so much comradeship between his relatives and he shared that with her. She indeed was lucky, but she just pushed the thoughts out of her mind and pressed her head into his heart again.

Her eyes lit up and sparkled like sapphires. "I don't think we can be more fortunate my dear, perhaps we can have a great joining of your...our family. I told Mikhail that we expected his presence as soon as things in the world calm down. I would hope that Caroline would be able to come as soon as possible as well. I have never met my sister-in-law, it would be an honor for me to see her in person. There are so many things that I would like to see done with our family and a reunion like this would be more than I could ask for."

Sarah smiled, but inside her heart dropped into her stomach for a moment. Larsa was indeed lucky, so much love, so much comradeship between his relatives and he shared that with her. She indeed was lucky, but she just pushed the thoughts out of her mind and pressed her head into his heart again.

"Perhaps you'll get that honour sooner than you expected." Larsa said as he motioned over towards the doors. A women stood in the door, her bright red hair casting a gleam in the corner.

"Sarah, this is Caroline Rasmussen-Dalmasca von Solidor" he said as Caroline moved over beside him.

"Miss Sarah, the honour is mine." she said with a slight bow.

"Perhaps you'll get that honour sooner than you expected." Larsa said as he motioned over towards the doors. A women stood in the door, her bright red hair casting a gleam in the corner.

"Sarah, this is Caroline Rasmussen-Dalmasca von Solidor" he said as Caroline moved over beside him.

"Miss Sarah, the honour is mine." she said with a slight bow.

As Larsa stepped away, Caroline's beaming face filled the Great Hall with a sunshine equivalent to fire. Passing her husband she walked over to Caroline and bowed herself before looking at the woman square in the eye. "Thank you Lady Solidor, the pleasure is mine. Larsa has had nothing but good things to say about you, I am honored to have you in my home and my country. But what do I owe this pleasure beside introduction?"

As Larsa stepped away, Caroline's beaming face filled the Great Hall with a sunshine equivalent to fire. Passing her husband she walked over to Caroline and bowed herself before looking at the woman square in the eye. "Thank you Lady Solidor, the pleasure is mine. Larsa has had nothing but good things to say about you, I am honored to have you in my home and my country. But what do I owe this pleasure beside introduction?"

Caroline smiled.

"If anything I am in your debt. You've brought life and hope to our family. You've brought us back from the edge of eternity and heck, made a man out of my brother-in-law." she said with a slight chuckle.

"What more could I possibly ask for? I am eternally grateful nonetheless and I was willing to do anything to make sure I could tell you in person."

Caroline smiled.

"If anything I am in your debt. You've brought life and hope to our family. You've brought us back from the edge of eternity and heck, made a man out of my brother-in-law." she said with a slight chuckle.

"What more could I possibly ask for? I am eternally grateful nonetheless and I was willing to do anything to make sure I could tell you in person."

Sarah smiled and took her hand. "Then please Caroline I would be honored if you would stay, at least for a few days, perhaps longer. I can have a dinner prepared in the conservatory and maybe I could take you for a tour around the capital. Anything you would be interested in, it has been a long time since I was able to take a personal day and only concentrate on those around me that mean so much." She looked down at her dress and laughed. "Of course, allow me to get changed, if we do plan to spend most of our day outside of the Manor, I can't be wondering around in my nightgown." She said chuckling. "What do you say Caroline?"

Sarah smiled and took her hand. "Then please Caroline I would be honored if you would stay, at least for a few days, perhaps longer. I can have a dinner prepared in the conservatory and maybe I could take you for a tour around the capital. Anything you would be interested in, it has been a long time since I was able to take a personal day and only concentrate on those around me that mean so much." She looked down at her dress and laughed. "Of course, allow me to get changed, if we do plan to spend most of our day outside of the Manor, I can't be wondering around in my nightgown." She said chuckling. "What do you say Caroline?"

"That would be positively wonderful. But also, I have contacts with several other member of both mine and Larsa's extended families. People we though lost or dead after Tion's fall. If you'd like, I can pass that information along, too." Caroline continued after a short pause.

"I don't know if you have anyone left, Sarah, and I'm certain it's probably a very sensitive issue for you. But you are a part of a family, and I don't want to deny you the chance to enjoy that."

"That would be positively wonderful. But also, I have contacts with several other member of both mine and Larsa's extended families. People we though lost or dead after Tion's fall. If you'd like, I can pass that information along, too." Caroline continued after a short pause.

"I don't know if you have anyone left, Sarah, and I'm certain it's probably a very sensitive issue for you. But you are a part of a family, and I don't want to deny you the chance to enjoy that."

Sarah breathed deeply and clasped her hands together. "I thank you for the comfort Caroline, I lost my mother when I was very young and my father's death led me to where I am today. My family has never been of honorable stock, but to have people that care for me is more than I could ever ask for. If there is anything I can do to continue to unite your family, just ask, I consider myself as much as a Solidor as the blood that runs through your veins. But I would love to know who still consists of my adoptive family." She bowed for a moment. "But if you will excuse me for a moment Caroline, I will get dressed into something more respectable."

She ran up the stairs to begin getting changed for her outing with Caroline, but before she went back downstairs she sat on her bed and looked at the her family picture that she kept on her vanity. Soft tears ran down her eyes as she held the frame in her hands and ran her fingers over the faces of her father, her mother, and her brother, she was so young then, the problems of the world seemed so far away. But she dried her eyes quickly, she didn't want Larsa or Caroline to know how she felt, she couldn't lose her strength or what was left of it. Walking back down the stairs, now in a blouse and dress, she smiled warmly to her husband and sister-in-law. "So shall we be off?"

Sarah breathed deeply and clasped her hands together. "I thank you for the comfort Caroline, I lost my mother when I was very young and my father's death led me to where I am today. My family has never been of honorable stock, but to have people that care for me is more than I could ever ask for. If there is anything I can do to continue to unite your family, just ask, I consider myself as much as a Solidor as the blood that runs through your veins. But I would love to know who still consists of my adoptive family." She bowed for a moment. "But if you will excuse me for a moment Caroline, I will get dressed into something more respectable."

She ran up the stairs to begin getting changed for her outing with Caroline, but before she went back downstairs she sat on her bed and looked at the her family picture that she kept on her vanity. Soft tears ran down her eyes as she held the frame in her hands and ran her fingers over the faces of her father, her mother, and her brother, she was so young then, the problems of the world seemed so far away. But she dried her eyes quickly, she didn't want Larsa or Caroline to know how she felt, she couldn't lose her strength or what was left of it. Walking back down the stairs, now in a blouse and dress, she smiled warmly to her husband and sister-in-law. "So shall we be off?"

Caroline and Larsa nodded as Sarah came back. "Ready as ever."

Caroline and Larsa nodded as Sarah came back. "Ready as ever."

Sarah clapped her hands and smiled as she lead her husband and his sister-in-law out the door towards the courtyard of the Manor where the Lady Protector's personal limousine awaited them to take them into the city of Brisbane itself. As they drove along the highway and left the outskirts of the city and entered into the residential edge Sarah contemplated to herself where in fact they could actually head to. Definitely the cultural district, there she would be able to entertain Caroline with the newly constructed museums, theatres, and symphony halls, the cultural district was the pride of Brisbane indeed and it was where Sarah enjoyed to invest as much of the extra funding from the government into building. She had long be interested in, in returning the Hansa to its commercial and cultural glory that existed back in Finland as well as the desirable center of the Commonwealth.

While in the city they would be able to relax at the various cafes and salons that had risen up during the period of peace and prosperity that the Commonwealth had entered after the annexation of Othello and the addition to a great deal of material wealth into their coffers. Brisbane was Sarah's personal toy city and in addition to the theatres and museums, she had spent some of her personal wealth in building conservatories for music and relaxation in the city gardens. Keeping the people happy was the most important thing a leader could do and by releasing the cramped feeling of a city with the peaceful image of trees and gardens was the perfect way to do so.

If Caroline wasn't feeling spending time in the city itself, there was a great deal they could do in the country as well. Various expanses of land lay to the south where they could explore the beauties of mainland Australia or if instead of heading inland they would be able to head towards the coast and the extensive beaches that the Lady Protector frequented herself. A personal note of humor though that even in the temperature and environment of Australia, Sarah had failed to tan and still maintained her snow white skin even in a land of constant summer and heat. But she was up for anything and as they turned off the highway she turned and smiled to Caroline. "Anywhere you'd like to start?"

Sarah clapped her hands and smiled as she lead her husband and his sister-in-law out the door towards the courtyard of the Manor where the Lady Protector's personal limousine awaited them to take them into the city of Brisbane itself. As they drove along the highway and left the outskirts of the city and entered into the residential edge Sarah contemplated to herself where in fact they could actually head to. Definitely the cultural district, there she would be able to entertain Caroline with the newly constructed museums, theatres, and symphony halls, the cultural district was the pride of Brisbane indeed and it was where Sarah enjoyed to invest as much of the extra funding from the government into building. She had long be interested in, in returning the Hansa to its commercial and cultural glory that existed back in Finland as well as the desirable center of the Commonwealth.

While in the city they would be able to relax at the various cafes and salons that had risen up during the period of peace and prosperity that the Commonwealth had entered after the annexation of Othello and the addition to a great deal of material wealth into their coffers. Brisbane was Sarah's personal toy city and in addition to the theatres and museums, she had spent some of her personal wealth in building conservatories for music and relaxation in the city gardens. Keeping the people happy was the most important thing a leader could do and by releasing the cramped feeling of a city with the peaceful image of trees and gardens was the perfect way to do so.

If Caroline wasn't feeling spending time in the city itself, there was a great deal they could do in the country as well. Various expanses of land lay to the south where they could explore the beauties of mainland Australia or if instead of heading inland they would be able to head towards the coast and the extensive beaches that the Lady Protector frequented herself. A personal note of humor though that even in the temperature and environment of Australia, Sarah had failed to tan and still maintained her snow white skin even in a land of constant summer and heat. But she was up for anything and as they turned off the highway she turned and smiled to Caroline. "Anywhere you'd like to start?"

Caroline snapped back into reality from admiring what she could see. "Oh, I have no particular favorites, I would be quite content to go just about anywhere."

Caroline snapped back into reality from admiring what she could see. "Oh, I have no particular favorites, I would be quite content to go just about anywhere."

Sarah laughed, it was going to be a long day. But having no real guidelines to their journey, she thought it best to take Caroline first to the places that wouldn't be as spectacular at night, therefore they headed out along the country roads to the territory outside of Brisbane proper for a little bit of sightseeing and then hopefully before the sun would set they would be able to visit the coast lines and take in some of the summer air. Past the outskirts of Brisbane, there was much of the Hanseatic farmland which had been developed in a rush to feed the massively expanding population in the Australian Province, but since the annexation of New Guinea into the Commonwealth this area had been reduced to less required farming, with commodities such as wheat and grain, to cattle farming with prime steaks selling for high prices in Brisbane marketplaces. It was a relaxing drive over the plains across the territory and Sarah made it a frequent pattern to stop for both of them to get out and take in the environment around them.

"One of the things that I like to pride myself and this country on Caroline is the fact that we've been economically sound for a great deal of time and with that stability we've been able to focus on preserving the environment, just the way we found it. I think its something every nation should strive to do."

After gallivanting in the countryside, Sarah next led Caroline to the coast. The beaches of Australia were one of Sarah's favorite spots to frequent and she had paid for enjoying it, with a constant reddish burn during the summer, it was definitely true that those of Nordic decent rarely are able to tan like a normal human being. But they visited the piers, various fishing establishments and were even offered a coastal tour of the country. But with the sun setting in the west, Sarah thought it best to take Lady Solidor back into the city for dinner at the conservatories and then perhaps tour the coast in greater depth at another time.

As part of the culturalization plans that her administration had greatly sought to endorse. The streets of Brisbane were covered in cafes, salons, and other social establishments for entertaining the bourgeoisie of the Commonwealth with coffee, food, and song. In addition, Sarah saw to it personally to establish various musical establishments and lounges for not only her enjoyment, but the enjoyment of her people as a whole. And the Liszt Conservatory was by far the most elegant. Being sat on the roof, overlooking the city, Sarah, Caroline, and Larsa were given a private table and the roof cleared for their enjoyment, plus a personal pianist which of whom Sarah had made personal friends with him with her constant frequencies of the Conservatory.

As the waiters brought out plates of food and bottles of wine, Sarah leaned across the table and smiled and her guest. "So Caroline, you have to tell me about yourself? A friend such as you and I know nothing about." She chuckled. "We must change things."

Caroline sipped lightly at her wine before answering.

"Well, as I'm sure you've gathered, I'm a Solidor by marriage. Vayne was my..." she stuttered for a moment before continuing. "After the.....incident, I left Nordland and became seperated from Larsa. I acquired a permanent pass and stayed in Saboria, now Canada. Vayne and I met a few months after the tragic death of Empress Merina, Ranather's wife. My family, the Rasmussen, were one of the minor noble families in the Court. Orange growers by trade, we owned Somalia's finest groves for years."

Taking another sip of her wine, she paused, turned to Larsa then back, and continued.

"Vayne and I wed after his naming as Imperial Regent, and I was one of the main Administrative overseers of the exodus from Somalia to Finland. Mikhail was born not long after the country was settled down. I largely left the public eye beyond that point."

Sarah smiled as she filled her own glass of wine. "I have to hand it to both of you, the Solidor family never ceases to intrigue me with its history. The Franzharian country in general as well." Reaching her hand across the table to Caroline, Sarah nodded passionately. "I can't begin to understand your loss Caroline, from what Larsa tells me, Vayne was a great man, truly honorable. And please don't take this the wrong way, but I pray that I may never feel your pain for you are much stronger than I could ever hope to be. When Larsa came down with pneumonia and things looked grim, it was hard for me to even get up in the morning." She looked across the table and smiled at her husband.

"However, on lighter news, I had the pleasure of bumping into Lord Ranather at the Great Exposition here in Brisbane. He lent me a book, the history of the Franzharian nation and I've been reading it passionately for the past few days." Turning back to Caroline and sipping her glass. "Speaking of Mikhail." She sighed thinking about the war in Europe. "I hope the bloodshed in our homeland ends sooner rather than later. He could be joining us right now, together as a family again." Putting her glass down Sarah leaned back. "One day, one day we will all be together again."

Sarah smiled as she filled her own glass of wine. "I have to hand it to both of you, the Solidor family never ceases to intrigue me with its history. The Franzharian country in general as well." Reaching her hand across the table to Caroline, Sarah nodded passionately. "I can't begin to understand your loss Caroline, from what Larsa tells me, Vayne was a great man, truly honorable. And please don't take this the wrong way, but I pray that I may never feel your pain for you are much stronger than I could ever hope to be. When Larsa came down with pneumonia and things looked grim, it was hard for me to even get up in the morning." She looked across the table and smiled at her husband.

"However, on lighter news, I had the pleasure of bumping into Lord Ranather at the Great Exposition here in Brisbane. He lent me a book, the history of the Franzharian nation and I've been reading it passionately for the past few days." Turning back to Caroline and sipping her glass. "Speaking of Mikhail." She sighed thinking about the war in Europe. "I hope the bloodshed in our homeland ends sooner rather than later. He could be joining us right now, together as a family again." Putting her glass down Sarah leaned back. "One day, one day we will all be together again."

"Nonsense. You are a fine young woman, and you have your own unique strength, that you are even alive and here speaking is a testament to that." pausing one last time to finish her glass she continued.

"Franzharians are warriors, we always keep fighting and we never give in....never. I expected nothing less from Mikhail. Even if he is not here, I am glad he is well and prosperous, a mother could ask for no less. Though I admit, I look forward to the day I might lay eyes on him again."

Edited by Ranather

"Nonsense. You are a fine young woman, and you have your own unique strength, that you are even alive and here speaking is a testament to that." pausing one last time to finish her glass she continued.

"Franzharians are warriors, we always keep fighting and we never give in....never. I expected nothing less from Mikhail. Even if he is not here, I am glad he is well and prosperous, a mother could ask for no less. Though I admit, I look forward to the day I might lay eyes on him again."

"Well Caroline, I can assure you that once the War in Europe is over he will. Mikhail promised me himself that he would come and dine with all of us in Brisbane. The circumstances are grim, but unfortunately that is our luck and our fates. But I have faith that if he was able to survive one fight with the Russians, that he will be able to survive another one." She sighed and looked towards the ground for a moment. "Someone told me very recently that after this war we will see an unparalleled peace and though I doubt that very much, there is never a loss for hope. Perhaps this will be the last war for a very long time and we can relish on our cultural and technological achievements for once in our lives than having to build military forces. I am personally ashamed that Hanseatic hospitals were not able to do enough when you got sick Larsa." Sarah said turning to her husband. "All plans that I have in the future, we can make this country great, truly great, and we have all the time in the world."

"Well Caroline, I can assure you that once the War in Europe is over he will. Mikhail promised me himself that he would come and dine with all of us in Brisbane. The circumstances are grim, but unfortunately that is our luck and our fates. But I have faith that if he was able to survive one fight with the Russians, that he will be able to survive another one." She sighed and looked towards the ground for a moment. "Someone told me very recently that after this war we will see an unparalleled peace and though I doubt that very much, there is never a loss for hope. Perhaps this will be the last war for a very long time and we can relish on our cultural and technological achievements for once in our lives than having to build military forces. I am personally ashamed that Hanseatic hospitals were not able to do enough when you got sick Larsa." Sarah said turning to her husband. "All plans that I have in the future, we can make this country great, truly great, and we have all the time in the world."

"War is a horrible, awful thing for mankind, and as much as I'd like to think it can be rid of....but as you said, it never hurts to hope." Caroline turned to Larsa.

"Sarah, I'm certain they tried as well as they could. But I'm sure that you made the right decision in allowing me to be sent over to Canada. There should be no doubts in your mind about it."

"War is a horrible, awful thing for mankind, and as much as I'd like to think it can be rid of....but as you said, it never hurts to hope." Caroline turned to Larsa.

"Sarah, I'm certain they tried as well as they could. But I'm sure that you made the right decision in allowing me to be sent over to Canada. There should be no doubts in your mind about it."

"Still it would be something that I would like to see improved. The Hansa should be able to pride itself on self-sufficiency, at least with something as important as medical technology. But again, like I said, it will be something to work for down the road. We are extremely luck that we have allies like Canada and Aotearoa to provide us with the technology that evades us." Placing her glass on the table Sarah smiled and stretched. "Though I apologize to you both, the restaurant is closing and its quite late." She turned to Caroline and smiled. "I assume you are spending the night Caroline. I had a guest room prepared before we left, so I do hope you would honor us with your presence."

Before Caroline could answer though Sarah also turned to Larsa with a graver look. "We need to talk when we get back as well."

"Still it would be something that I would like to see improved. The Hansa should be able to pride itself on self-sufficiency, at least with something as important as medical technology. But again, like I said, it will be something to work for down the road. We are extremely luck that we have allies like Canada and Aotearoa to provide us with the technology that evades us." Placing her glass on the table Sarah smiled and stretched. "Though I apologize to you both, the restaurant is closing and its quite late." She turned to Caroline and smiled. "I assume you are spending the night Caroline. I had a guest room prepared before we left, so I do hope you would honor us with your presence."

Before Caroline could answer though Sarah also turned to Larsa with a graver look. "We need to talk when we get back as well."

"I have another day or so on my leave, so I will take you up on that, thank you." Larsa then turned to Sarah with a quizzical look.

"Of course."

"I have another day or so on my leave, so I will take you up on that, thank you." Larsa then turned to Sarah with a quizzical look.

"Of course."

Sarah was oddly silent on the way back from downtown Brisbane, she couldn't help it, she shouldn't have mentioned anything to Larsa until they were back at the Manor and Caroline had retired. She had been told to keep everything a secret, the hospital, the bunker, but he was her husband and her heart wouldn't be able to handle something like that. In addition, she was a little buzzed and the alcohol was making her feel worse. As the limousine passed onto the highway, she tried to make as much small talk as possible with Caroline, but she could tell Larsa was staring at her the whole time and she ran her fingers through her blonde hair nervously almost every minute or so.

When they arrived back at the Manor, the servants immediately attended to them in escorting them to the house. Reaching the top of the staircase where the wings were separated, Sarah smiled happily at Caroline. "Have a good night Caroline, if you need anything during the night, don't be afraid to come and find me or Larsa, or any of the servants." She hugged her new friend and then turned to her room as the smile washed away from her face.

Larsa arrived a few minutes later as she was just beginning to take off her earrings and before he could say anything she turned to him. "Larsa, tell me you love me." She said this as she removed her contacts revealing her glistening ruby eyes.

Sarah was oddly silent on the way back from downtown Brisbane, she couldn't help it, she shouldn't have mentioned anything to Larsa until they were back at the Manor and Caroline had retired. She had been told to keep everything a secret, the hospital, the bunker, but he was her husband and her heart wouldn't be able to handle something like that. In addition, she was a little buzzed and the alcohol was making her feel worse. As the limousine passed onto the highway, she tried to make as much small talk as possible with Caroline, but she could tell Larsa was staring at her the whole time and she ran her fingers through her blonde hair nervously almost every minute or so.

When they arrived back at the Manor, the servants immediately attended to them in escorting them to the house. Reaching the top of the staircase where the wings were separated, Sarah smiled happily at Caroline. "Have a good night Caroline, if you need anything during the night, don't be afraid to come and find me or Larsa, or any of the servants." She hugged her new friend and then turned to her room as the smile washed away from her face.

Larsa arrived a few minutes later as she was just beginning to take off her earrings and before he could say anything she turned to him. "Larsa, tell me you love me." She said this as she removed her contacts revealing her glistening ruby eyes.

Larsa's face became colorless as he uttered one word.

"Martens...." Larsa turned away from Sarah and ran his hand through his hair.

"I know those eyes. But need I tell you that which you know, with complete certainty. "Martens.....he's....is he? Alive?"