Foreign Affairs Announcement from the New Pacific Order

Two PIATs constitute a treaty blitz now? Maybe back in like February '06, but now? That's a bit of a stretch.

It's been great getting to know you better, NPO. :D

-Bama

Bama, I swear it's like you're baiting me, but instead of flame-bait it's a "how much did Hizzy hear about"-bait.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the Reverend Doctor Electron Sponge, Archbishop of Vox Populi, Senator and Minister of Science of Vox Populi, Imperator Emeritus of the New Polar Order, Admiral of the Greenland Republic Iceberg Armada and Viceroy of the Orange Defense Network, also hello

I'm sorry. That question was for the OP. :P

I guess I'm surprised their still promoting people to IO's. :lol:

Edited by atrophis

Bama, I swear it's like you're baiting me, but instead of flame-bait it's a "how much did Hizzy hear about"-bait.

I'm honestly not, that's not how I roll. You just keep saying things like 2 PIATs being a treaty blitz, which I take issue with.

-Bama

I'm honestly not, that's not how I roll. You just keep saying things like 2 PIATs being a treaty blitz, which I take issue with.

-Bama

When an alliance very rarely signs a certain type of treaty and then signs two of them during a very short period of time, if it's not a blitz than it's sure something unusual to note. Hizzy has a well trained eye for these types of things as do all former members of the Sponge Cabal.

When an alliance very rarely signs a certain type of treaty and then signs two of them during a very short period of time, if it's not a blitz than it's sure something unusual to note. Hizzy has a well trained eye for these types of things as do all former members of the Sponge Cabal.

Twice hardly constitutes a blitz and why is it considered unusual for them to sign them, alliances sign different treaties all the time why should NPO be any different?

Twice hardly constitutes a blitz and why is it considered unusual for them to sign them, alliances sign different treaties all the time why should NPO be any different?

What Sponge is saying is that the NPO has had a long standing policy of not signing PIATs (the one they sided with Gremlins was signed well over a year ago before the formation of the Continuum, and until the recent PIATs with MK and TOOL, they have signed only MDPs or higher). I do believe it is also safe to say that Sponge is also implying that these recent PIATs, which the NPO either changed or broke policy for in order to sign, are due to the nearing war, and signed for strategic value. Either to secure more alliances to their side, or to not fight a particular alliance. All politics really.

Because they've previously said they don't sign anything lower than an MDP, the only others they have are ToA's with Gremlins and NADC. No, not a 'blitz' but it is unusual. RV is correct.

IRON/NPO MADP: MADP with IRON; total NS 41.7M, tension 660 (29 per M NS)

The Ring Cycle: MADP bloc with MCXA, GDA; total NS 37.8M, tension 450 (20 per M NS)

The Redrum Pact: MADP with MCXA; total NS 33.1M, tension -626 (-28 per M NS)

The Red Fire Pact: MADP with TPF; total NS 29.9M, tension 557 (25 per M NS)

GGA-NPO MADP: MADP with GGA; total NS 27.8M, tension 917 (41 per M NS)

Valhalla-NPO MADP: MADP with Valhalla; total NS 27.3M, tension -866 (-39 per M NS)

NATO-NPO MADP: MADP with NATO; total NS 25.6M, tension -452 (-20 per M NS)

Rip Torn Accords: The Sequel: MADP with TORN; total NS 24.8M, tension -803 (-36 per M NS)

OG-NPO MADP: MADP with OG; total NS 24.8M, tension 340 (15 per M NS)

Continuum: MDoAP bloc with TPF, IRON, Sparta, OG, TOP, MHA, MCXA, NATO, Valhalla; total NS 106.4M, tension 974 (43 per M NS)

One Vision: MDoAP bloc with Echelon, GGA, IRON, MCXA; total NS 63.2M, tension 917 (41 per M NS)

The Watling Street Compact: MDoAP bloc with Invicta, NATO, UPN, DE; total NS 38.1M, tension 699 (31 per M NS)

The Redish/Pinkish Treaty: MDP with Sparta; total NS 34.3M, tension 27 (1 per M NS)

TOP/NPO MDP: MDP with TOP; total NS 33.9M, tension 1313 (59 per M NS)

NPO/MHA Eternal MDoAP: MDoAP with MHA; total NS 33.5M, tension -664 (-29 per M NS)

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!!": MDoAP with Fark; total NS 31.9M, tension 1866 (84 per M NS)

NpO-NPO MDoAP: MDoAP with NpO; total NS 31.2M, tension 1826 (82 per M NS)

RoK/NPO MDoAP: MDoAP with RoK; total NS 30.6M, tension 961 (43 per M NS)

FOK/NPO MDP: MDP with FOK; total NS 29.7M, tension 1365 (61 per M NS)

Echelon-NPO MDoAP: MDoAP with Echelon; total NS 27.2M, tension 596 (26 per M NS)

Legion-NPO MDP: MDP with Legion; total NS 26.7M, tension 492 (22 per M NS)

The "Old Dogs Can Learn New Tricks" Pact: MDP with LoSS; total NS 26.1M, tension 843 (37 per M NS)

I Knew I Was Forgetting Something: MDoAP with RIA; total NS 25.9M, tension 775 (34 per M NS)

Invicta-NPO MDoAP: MDoAP with Invicta; total NS 25.8M, tension 301 (13 per M NS)

SSSW18-NPO MDP: MDP with SSSW18; total NS 23.6M, tension 365 (16 per M NS)

GATO-1V Surrender Terms: Protectorate with GATO; total NS 24.6M, tension 667 (30 per M NS)

Agora: ODP bloc with TFD, NADC, Echelon, MCXA, UBD; total NS 45.8M, tension -501 (-22 per M NS)

The Red Light PIAT: PIAT with TOOL; total NS 30.0M, tension 514 (23 per M NS)

MK-NPO MDP: PIAT with MK; total NS 27.2M, tension 371 (16 per M NS)

The Tin Foil Hat Treaty II: ToA with Gre; total NS 31.1M, tension 180 (8 per M NS)

NADC-NPO Friendship Pact: ToA with NADC; total NS 25.8M, tension 131 (5 per M NS)

TOOL ain't nobody's tool. If they've signed this treaty it's because they see it's relevance to their alliance. Whatever their motive though one thing is for certain, it's based partly if not wholly on strategic alignment for the war on the horizon which is quickly gaining momentum.

wow alot of jerky post in this thread its a piat get over you ignorant !@#$%^&* <_<

I must say I find this to be quite amusing. The only thing I find to be ignorant is to discourage intelligent discussion on world events. As it has been stated, it is highly unusual for the NPO to sign PIATs, and with the rumors going around of a coming war I see nothing wrong with inappropriate about speculation of why certain treaties are now being signed. It certainly is one of the only sources of excitement in this boring world or private channels. The people do want to know things. Plus, you must agree that the speculators do come up with more believable stories than "we're all friends and just want to treaty each other" when it is painfully obvious that we all really do truly hate each other.