A bumpy ride

OOC: Please note for those who have not read my material before. Italics indicate a Mandalorian phrase (though in reality everything they speak is in that language), and parantheses indicate the translation, which is not actually spoken.

IC: The pilot, rested from the time he'd had to sleep in the Holy German Empire, was alert. Over the past day, the terrain they'd covered had varied widely, from the building urban cities of the Germans, to rolling hills, to even a few small mountains, to occasional expanses of water. Now, as they neared their destination, it was vast expanses of sand broken only occasionally by oases, or small camps of travelers who were aboviously heades somewhere. But as they neared their destination, a problem occured.

"Osik!" the pilot cursed.

This woke Jorha from her nap. It had been a miracle that she slept at all, as she was nervous of flying in the first place. All that--what was the word others used?--iron around her, it made one of her race understandably nervous. "What's wrong?" she asked, as calmly as she could. However, that didn't stop a small quaver from entering her voice.

At that point the pilot remembered his passenger, and visibly calmed himself. "K'uur, (hush, be quiet)," he answered. "I'm just having a little trouble with updrafts. Nothing to worry about."

Of course, it was more than that. They seemed to be losing altitude. This area seemed to be even hotter than their homeland, meaning the air pressure was much less. They were expending more fuel than they should have to keep in the air, and they were running low as it was. He just hoped they could...

Nope, there went the last of it.

"Make sure you're strapped in tight," he said. "We are going to glide down. I can't ensure that it'll be a smooth one."

Hurriedly, Jorha did as he asked, also making sure their precious cargo of information was firmly in place underneath her seat. She'd rather sacrifice herself, truth be told, than let that be damaged.

They slowly began to lose altitude, not noticing that in the distance, the capital they had been sent to was just barely in sight.

A sudden, unexpected updraft of hot air caught the pilot off-guard, sending the plane into a spin. He managed to send out a short message ("Mayday, I'm going down!") on the radio-- just before ploughing into the sand. Miraculously, the plane was mostly intact, but the force exerted on his body and that of Jorha was more than enought to knock them out.

His last thought before he blacked out was a hope that someone who heard would understand Mando'a...

OOC: I'd estimate they are about three miles out from the capital of Kyraylia.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Daryl James was old.

While Kyraylians were blessed with and extremely long life, almost 200 years. They eventually had to live all animals leave the world. Daryl was long into his life, the goverment had only recently been taking records, when asked he would say 175 as it had a nice ring to it and it was past the "plague years" at time similar to when normal humans get the chicken pox the plagues yeas was half a decade with an amazing amount of physical pain. It was unavoidably by part of kyraylian life. He was still spry and did his exercises every morning.

That was actually why he was out in the desert he was on a mile walk something he did every day. Living on the outskirts of Kyral it was nice and close to the desert something the Illumina in him loved and yearned to be close to. He was using his sword as walking stick with the sheath on it only went so far into the ground, enough to be sufficient to his needs.

He saw it fall from the sky, his eyes did not believe it was rumoured that the military was making a flying machine but what he saw was alien and being in the military he had seen rudimentary sketches of proposed ideas. One thing he noticed was the emblem on the side as it went down, it was completely different to the kyraylian flag. They were outsider, in his mind they were invaders his skin on the palm of his hands began to sweat. Logic gave way to anger, what is not known is there used to be two races in kyaylia they had enslaved and seprated the kyraylians the resistence had exterminated them without mercy. This past was taught to every kyraylian and the lack of education about other races and the military expericance daryl had allowed him to come to the conclusion these invaders must die.

He unsheathed his sword with his left hand pressing his right palm against the blade. He ran. He screamed.

Kyraylia! Zindabad!

One of the men had come out and was trying to stand. Daryl kept running sword and arm now ablaze. The fear in his eyes gave him a glimpse into his soul. Daryl Lunged with the flaming blade.

At military command, the advances using these sound waves and visual display technology had allowed the Government to see the incoming craft as a small closing in white dot. Every 3 seconds the display was updated by a rotating arm like a clock. They wondered why it had been grounded. A force was sent to investigate.

OOC: Hope that was OK :) also i think i would be at around 1900-1910 tech now :), am i allowed to advance this fast btw?

Edited by Shamshir

OOC: Well, that was pretty good, except for the part where you kill my pilot. You are supposed to give a person a chance to defend themselves... :P The rule is that you can attack a character, but you have to let the person controlling the other one decide what damage if any was taken.

And as I said, he's unhurt by the crash. He was simply knocked unconscious, and upon waking (which would probably be only a few seconds) he would assess himself before trying to leave the craft. And if he heard a scream or shout he'd dodge out of the way or drop to the ground to avoid the strike--he does have good reflexes or he wouldn't have been chosen for this mission (he's not just a pilot, but also a bodyguard to his passenger).

As for the tech thing--yeah, I think you are allowed to advance that fast, but no faster.

Daryl James was old.

While Kyraylians were blessed with and extremely long life, almost 200 years. They eventually had to live all animals leave the world. Daryl was long into his life, the goverment had only recently been taking records, when asked he would say 175 as it had a nice ring to it and it was past the "plague years" at time similar to when normal humans get the chicken pox the plagues yeas was half a decade with an amazing amount of physical pain. It was unavoidably by part of kyraylian life. He was still spry and did his exercises every morning.

That was actually why he was out in the desert he was on a mile walk something he did every day. Living on the outskirts of Kyral it was nice and close to the desert something the Illumina in him loved and yearned to be close to. He was using his sword as walking stick with the sheath on it only went so far into the ground, enough to be sufficient to his needs.

He saw it fall from the sky, his eyes did not believe it was rumoured that the military was making a flying machine but what he saw was alien and being in the military he had seen rudimentary sketches of proposed ideas. One thing he noticed was the emblem on the side as it went down, it was completely different to the kyraylian flag. They were outsider, in his mind they were invaders his skin on the palm of his hands began to sweat. Logic gave way to anger, what is not known is there used to be two races in kyaylia they had enslaved and seprated the kyraylians the resistence had exterminated them without mercy. This past was taught to every kyraylian and the lack of education about other races and the military expericance daryl had allowed him to come to the conclusion these invaders must die.

He unsheathed his sword with his left hand pressing his right palm against the blade. He ran. He screamed.

Kyraylia! Zindabad!

One of the men had come out and was trying to stand. Daryl kept running sword and arm now ablaze. The fear in his eyes gave him a glimpse into his soul. Daryl Lunged with the flaming blade.

At military command, the advances using these sound waves and visual display technology had allowed the Government to see the incoming craft as a small closing in white dot. Every 3 seconds the display was updated by a rotating arm like a clock. They wondered why it had been grounded. A force was sent to investigate.

OOC: Hope that was OK :) also i think i would be at around 1900-1910 tech now :) , am i allowed to advance this fast btw?

He blinked and whipped his head around swiftly when he heard the shout. His eyes widened at the sight of the flames. He was still on his knees from dropping out of the aircraft, but he still had one option to avoid the attack from the hostile native--he dropped flat. Though he was not seriously hurt, he nearly wasn't in time, and he felt the wind from the passage of the weapon barely a half-inch above his head. Hurriedly he picked up his helmet from where it lay in the sand next to him, and jammed it back onto his head.

Somersaulting away from the native to put more distance between them, and at the same time to put him on his feet, he withdrew a small pistol from his flight suit just as his attacker managed to halt in the momentum of his rapid charge. He aimed his own weapon instinctively at the man and pulled the trigger, aiming not for a killing shot, but the upper arm that held the sword...

OOC: edited my post, still getting to grips with the rules an such ^_^

OOC: That's all right. I didn't know it either when I first started posting on RP forums... :)

The bullet penetrated Daryls arm just under the shoulder. He let out an even more animalistic scream. He was on the floor clutching his arm. He fought the pain, he knew that he must stay away from whatever that device was that had injured him. His sweating, the pain was immense. The skin around his arm caught fire, he was attempting to melt what ever has hit hi boe so it would come out this only served in causing him more pain it rushed in waves. His anger rose lifting up hi other palm he sent a small fire ball at the man. Causing him to duck away. Win this moment with his good hand Daryll picked the fallen sword and hurled it at the attacker's back. He screamed one word. MAHR!! (die)

OOC: copied you at the end ;)

Edited by Shamshir

The bullet penetrated Daryls arm just under the shoulder. He let out an even more animalistic scream. He was on the floor clutching his arm. He fought the pain, he knew that he must stay away from whatever that device was that had injured him. His sweating, the pain was immense. The skin around his arm caught fire, he was attempting to melt what ever has hit hi boe so it would come out this only served in causing him more pain it rushed in waves. His anger rose lifting up hi other palm he sent a small fire ball at the man. Causing him to duck away. Win this moment with his good hand Daryll picked the fallen sword and hurled it at the attacker's back. He screamed one word. MAHR!! (die)

OOC: copied you at the end ;)

OOC: So I see. :D

IC: "Osik!" the pilot cursed again as he twisted and ducked the ball of fire. He caught sight of the flying sword in the corner of his eye and began to duck again. he was only partially successful, as the hilt hit his helmet, right where his ear was covered. He barely noticed the small cut it inflicted on his arm as he grunted with pain. The ear wasn't damaged, but it hurt. However, he did not take his eyes off the attacker again, and levelled the pistol, this time at the man's head. He did not yet fire.

Darly froze his desire for retribution for what had happened to his arm was gone was the self-preservation instinct kicked in. He knew he was not faster that the machination in the attackers hand. So he stopped threw his sword to the ground in what he hoped was an obvious signal of defeat. However tensed his body ready to led out a wave of fire in case the man doubled crossed him.

A lazily orbiting Nobody lander-craft noted the confrontation with passing interest. Aboard, Roxas sat and breathed deeply, content to let the struggle play itself out. The current confrontation had nothing to do with The World That Never Was; he was intent on keeping it that way. Besides, contact could be attained within seconds of the scuffle's end. What difference was a few wasted moments?

He laced his fingers together behind his head and reclined. Though his battle with the Mando'ade General had lent him a great insight into the warrior aspect of the culture, he still had no ideas concerning the conduct of the diplomatic caste. A bit of observation never hurt anybody.

Darly froze his desire for retribution for what had happened to his arm was gone was the self-preservation instinct kicked in. He knew he was not faster that the machination in the attackers hand. So he stopped threw his sword to the ground in what he hoped was an obvious signal of defeat. However tensed his body ready to led out a wave of fire in case the man doubled crossed him.

The pilot, seeing him drop the sword, gestured for him to move away from the weapon, then sidestepped toward his craft. He had to check and see if Jorha was all right. He kept the gun and his eyes trained on the attacker at all times.

He reached out a hand upon bumping into the airplane, climbing up the wing that was embedded in the sand, to the fuselage. He risked a quick glance at the unconscious elf, but was not able to tell anything other than that she was breathing. She didn't appear to be injured or in pain, but he couldn't know that for certain with the split-second glance.

Keeping his eyes and weapon still on Darly, he fumbled with one hand to unfasten her from the seat...

Drayl looked out into the desert he saw a small cloud drawing nearer. The army was here. He moved forward slowly towards this alien man who was struggling to get another invader out of the heap of metal in the sand. The man gestured menacingly with his weapon but he gestured back and slowly cam forward to help get the woman out. Daryl only had to distract him a few minutes more.

Even now after so much progress the kyraylian people still had yet to find a quicker way across the desert. But horses were reliable and with an elexiar rider could travel almost limitless distances. 75 riders were closing in on the wreck each had there own rifle a new issue for the army, the had experimented with muskets but the rate of fire was terrible. These new standard issue rifles were capable of 15 shots a minutes. Up to 20 if you were fast with the manual barrel loader. They were cuttting edge and the men were eager to put them to use. This however was a fetch and carry mission. They dismounted some distance from the crash site.

The crawled on the sand getting ever closer, as they rounded the side with the wrecked wing all of them brought there sites to bear on 3 figures sitting down. The sound of 100 metal clicks as all 50 guns were loaded in a split second. One voice came out, "Are you the maldorian delegate? Why have you taken one of our citizen prisoner?" The man spoke maldorian but he put emphasis in uneeded parts of the sentance. "Kyraylian, idehrah mera saathah karu" (Kyraylian at our side).

Daryl moved to the side of the group to the kyraylian solider with the red cresent on his arm, the field doctor began seeing to his arm.

Edited by Shamshir

Drayl looked out into the desert he saw a small cloud drawing nearer. The army was here. He moved forward slowly towards this alien man who was struggling to get another invader out of the heap of metal in the sand. The man gestured menacingly with his weapon but he gestured back and slowly cam forward to help get the woman out. Daryl only had to distract him a few minutes more.

Even now after so much progress the kyraylian people still had yet to find a quicker way across the desert. But horses were reliable and with an elexiar rider could travel almost limitless distances. 75 riders were closing in on the wreck each had there own rifle a new issue for the army, the had experimented with muskets but the rate of fire was terrible. These new standard issue rifles were capable of 15 shots a minutes. Up to 20 if you were fast with the manual barrel loader. They were cuttting edge and the men were eager to put them to use. This however was a fetch and carry mission. They dismounted some distance from the crash site.

The crawled on the sand getting ever closer, as they rounded the side with the wrecked wing all of them brought there sites to bear on 3 figures sitting down. The sound of 100 metal clicks as all 50 guns were loaded in a split second. One voice came out, "Are you the maldorian delegate? Why have you taken one of our citizen prisoner?" The man spoke maldorian but he put emphasis in uneeded parts of the sentance. "Kyraylian, idehrah mera saathah karu" (Kyraylian at our side).

Daryl moved to the side of the group to the kyraylian solider with the red cresent on his arm, the field doctor began seeing to his arm.

The pilot, having satisfied himself that his charge was unharmed, had also retrieved the books. He turned his head sharply at the sound of the guns being loaded. He knew that sound.

When he was addressed in Mando'a, he was further surprised. At least, he thought it was Mando'a. It was atrociously spoken, and he wasn't quite sure what they were saying (they'd even got the name for his people wrong), though he recognized a few words. However, he could guess.

He set his weapon down carefully, then pointed at Daryl. He spoke slowly and carefully, to ensure they got the message. "That or'dinii (complete lunatic) attacked me."

OOC: yes, but with an atrocious accent

Edit: changed what the guy said :)

OOC: OK. I was confused, cause the word is Mandalorian. And my people never actually spoke to you in it...

The pilot, having satisfied himself that his charge was unharmed, had also retrieved the books. He turned his head sharply at the sound of the guns being loaded. He knew that sound.

When he was addressed in Mando'a, he was further surprised. At least, he thought it was Mando'a. It was atrociously spoken, and he wasn't quite sure what they were saying (they'd even got the name for his people wrong), though he recognized a few words. However, he could guess.

He set his weapon down carefully, then pointed at Daryl. He spoke slowly and carefully, to ensure they got the message. "That or'dinii (complete lunatic) attacked me."

OOC: OK. I was confused, cause the word is Mandalorian. And my people never actually spoke to you in it...

OOC: to explain that i will go with we exchanged language info over the radio :mellow: ....yeah that works :P

"He did what any Kyraylian would have, put your self in his shoes you see a strange object and alien beings fall from the sky. Know that we defend our lands always."

The commander clicked hi fingers and an empty horse was brought forwards. "We ride to the capital Caspia now, you have a meeting, our doctors will tend to your friend"

As they delegate and the guard rode off to the capital and the unconscious elf was stretchered away to hospital. 15 men remained.

One the group had ridden out of sight they got to work. Using shovels they made a wide circle around the wreck of the plane. These sand wall were givven more substance as the elixars among them placed there hands against the mounds wetting and making them more solid. Next the illuminas blasted these ramparts with fire melting it into glass stretching it by hand into a wide dome over the wreck. Using the iron imurities in the sand to reinforce the structure. When done they placed a white sheet over the building.

phot-07a-08-fullres.jpg

OOC: to explain that i will go with we exchanged language info over the radio :mellow: ....yeah that works :P

"He did what any Kyraylian would have, put your self in his shoes you see a strange object and alien beings fall from the sky. Know that we defend our lands always."

The commander clicked hi fingers and an empty horse was brought forwards. "We ride to the capital Caspia now, you have a meeting, our doctors will tend to your friend"

As they delegate and the guard rode off to the capital and the unconscious elf was stretchered away to hospital.

"No, I must not be seperated from her. She is my charge." He stayed by her unconscious form, refusing to let her out of his sight.

OOC: Hmm, OK...

The rode to the capital slowly at the pace of the medical cart.

OOC: will you be wanting the plane back?

OOC: well, if it can be fixed, they'll need a way home...but otherwise, keep it... :D

IC: As they rode into the capital, the pilot gazed around him, not just as part of assessing his surroundings as his training told him to do, but simple curiosity.

The elves in his people had perfected the art of living in trees, using the living things in a way that perfectly harmonized with nature.

Here, it was a budding urban scene--only the buildings seemed to be made of glass or some similar substance. It was all of varying colors, and no discernable sharp corners were to be seen...

The lofted Nobody craft followed the convoy at high-altitude; far up enough to be seen and yet not shot at the apparent technological prowess of the locals. It was hoped that some form of contact could be made before landing, to prevent some sort of accident with the local populace.