Vox and NPO: Where is the love?

Farrin Xies

You guys make it personal when you decide that a real life person will be attacked by you guys in-game no matter what if you find out who they are regardless of what they may try doing in-game to change, Vox is an indirect creation of your ruthless methods in keeping former enemies down forever.

FAN you guys attacked just a few days before their peace terms ran out while they were still technically under your protection over some minor issues that could of easily been resolved, which showed you never really planned to let them loose in the first place. Its been stated by many NPO members FAN will never get peace, so what do they have left other than to try undermining you guys whenever possible? You've designated FAN your eternal enemy, so they can't do much else. After years of fighting you and allies with no hope of peace, you really expect them to be nice?

Basically, this.

The NPO has stated that FAN and all Vox members will never be able to play this game without the threat of constant attack from the NPO and allies. They have no hope for peace. Vox members were individually placed on the PZI lists and reformed Vox out of spite. FAN has been told repeatedly to "die" and that they will never get peace. As a result of being told by NPO government that they will never get peace, some have taken it personally.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC - Normally when a person wins a game or contest they give the person they beat a chance to recover and play again. People that camp a respawn point, new player areas or simply continuously gloat after winning are pretty much universally hated.

Interesting point you just made

We all have our reasons. I don't like them and they don't like me, for the most part.

It's funny you mention the camaraderie of the NPO. It's the reason I joined, a really, really long time ago. And ultimately it -- or its absence -- is why I left. It was empty. People were nice to my face (some people were anyway, a lot of people had a habit of just being outright nasty, all the time) but I saw the way they treated others that left or were a little different. And it was unforgiving. After two years and several wars I'd gotten tired of hearing non-stop vitriol about GATO and Legion and FAN and how they did this and that. Nobody ever let anything go.

And that's what this war comes down to, in the end: NPO is unable to let anything go, including a bunch of what they call disgraced has-beens. Maybe we are. It shouldn't matter.

Individually, I get along with a few of my old friends. With others there's at least civility. Others won't even talk to me (hi Mary!). With most of the rest it's "personal" and being in the same place is instant disaster. You also have that bot programmed to ban me on sight in #nsa so it's not like there's a lot of opportunity to interact outside the IC forums, where I'll be IC as I always am and hating you with fiery passion. So far every single NPOer that has regularly engaged us in #vox_populi has wound up quitting and joining our "side". Most other places are just too much a hassle to enter; as it is I get heckled by people I don't even know in #gremlins and elsewhere.

I don't hold grudges. Usually when I get angry I've forgotten why by the time my mood calms down. At the same time, I'm not going to lose any sleep because a bunch of people who hate my guts -- many of them in more than IC ways -- don't want to talk to me. If someone wants to shoot the !@#$, they know where to find me.

Replying to Vox and NPO: Where is the love?

NPO stole it and stomped on it until it was just a tiny pancake which they they ate.

No, but I think the other view points have settled this pretty well. NPO and friends (You really need to mention IRON, Valhalla, TPF, MCXA and the rest of the Toilet Bowl crew) have betrayed the trust of many. Many of the Vox members have no other choice anyway, as many of them were PZIed or EZIed before they joined Vox, many of which for pathetic reasons, like thinking for themselves. The others either despise the hegemony for the way they have treated people, or decided to stand by friends. This is why I always laugh when people say that NPO created Vox to make themselves look better, because in a way, it's not that far off. The look better part is waaay off, but in a way NPO did create Vox with their treatment of others and that's why we hope to bring them down.

Let me preface this by saying I have not been active on planet Bob for long, and that I love the NPO and the camaraderie that I feel as a member of it. Also, I of course don't speak for the NPO, simply as a curious denizen of planet Bob. With that said, I wanted the community's opinion on why Vox/FAN/ are so hateful towards NPO, and, admittedly, vice-versa. The way I see it, we have our differences in thought, but I certainly don't see why anytime a discussion comes up about either group it quickly devolves into mudslinging and name-calling. Even worse, discussions that have nothing really to do with Vox nor NPO have a way of careening suddenly down a path filled with the same taunts and repartee one would find in an elementary school playground. I suppose my question, then, is why? We have our differences. We will always have our differences. Why do we allow our differences to cloud our emotions and our actions?

Discuss.

[OOC]I ask this mostly in-character, but I'm also curious if anyone finds this to be the case out-of-character as well.[/OOC]

They are mad at NPO because NPO is the hedgemon. Stop trying to propagate peace. Accept enemies. They're about as good of enemies as you'll probably ever have. They're probably the closest thing to something interesting actually happening.

Also, I'm saddened that people, like you, can enjoy the "camaraderie" known as fascism. It shows a clear lack of RL camaraderie. Disappointing.

Also, this is an OOC forum. No need for [ooc]/ iirc

Edited by zigbigadorlou

I've dealt with members from both alliances and the problem is as follows; those within the Vox Populi know the world politics too well due to an overexposure whereas those within the New Pacific Order don't know the world politics well enough due to being sheltered by internal propoganda.

For the most part members of the New Pacific Order are clueless to what goes down on the ground and have very little in understanding the reasons for why their opponents are bitter. The members of Vox have seen the dirty side of the New Pacific Order, the side which falsifies CB's in order to curbstomp alliances they have petty grudges with, the side which purposely lies to it's members and allies to propogate said wars, the side which chases [OOC] players out of the game. [/OOC]

It's true though some members of Vox's hands aren't blood-free they've played a part in creating this but as reformed people they are now working to destroy it. So therein lies the bitterness. Members of the Pacific Order believe Vox/FAN are satan incarnate and need to be chased [OOC] out of the game. [/OOC] And Vox members believe the members of the Pacific Order are mindless pawns in this game.

Ofcoure there are exceptions.

I've dealt with members from both alliances and the problem is as follows; those within the Vox Populi know the world politics too well due to an overexposure whereas those within the New Pacific Order don't know the world politics well enough due to being sheltered by internal propoganda.

For the most part members of the New Pacific Order are clueless to what goes down on the ground and have very little in understanding the reasons for why their opponents are bitter. The members of Vox have seen the dirty side of the New Pacific Order, the side which falsifies CB's in order to curbstomp alliances they have petty grudges with, the side which purposely lies to it's members and allies to propogate said wars, the side which chases [OOC] players out of the game. [/OOC]

It's true though some members of Vox's hands aren't blood-free they've played a part in creating this but as reformed people they are now working to destroy it. So therein lies the bitterness. Members of the Pacific Order believe Vox/FAN are satan incarnate and need to be chased [OOC] out of the game. [/OOC] And Vox members believe the members of the Pacific Order are mindless pawns in this game.

Ofcoure there are exceptions.

What the hell is wrong being a mindless pawn? This game was at its best when allainces were huge, and their governments were small. Wars are fun. But the effort to start them is a pain in the $@!. I tried being alliance government once in web bassed text game and @#%((& hated it. Never want to do it again ... ever. I'll just enjoy the ride and curbstomp some helpless alliances into the ground now and then.

I'd say that the problem with this game right now is too many people want to be kings.

To put it another way I DONT CARE! I don’t have a childs over developed sense of fairness.

Edited by GTTofAK

Your kidding, right?

No I'm not. This game has ground to a standstill because everyone wants to be a general so we have dozens upon dozens of micro alliances lead by little napoleons where every member has some sort of government position. This game was at its best when alliances were few and huge and their governments were small.

Edited by GTTofAK

No I'm not. This game has ground to a standstill because everyone wants to be a general so we have dozens upon dozens of micro alliances lead by little napoleons where every member has some sort of government position. This game was at its best when alliances were few and huge and their governments were small.

Where do the one sided mega blocks fit into your CN world view?

I'm guessing you don't actually know what a mindless pawn is, do you?

What the hell is wrong being a mindless pawn?

Congratulations, you made my sig.

Also I think it worth reminding people that Vox declared war on GGA and Valhalla, and the NPO declared on them in response, so it is not accurate to point the finger of hate at Vox.

It's quite sad, really. When your alliance has a social-engineering department, that should serve as a warning flag - not a welcome sign. The game has come to a stand-still because the already existing "Generals" brought us there. To refuse to hold them accountable for their own actions is the same as saying that "there's nothing wrong with being a mindless pawn".

[OOC] farrin - let's think about this for a moment. If everyone in this game got along with each other flawlessly, there'd be no war..... arguably defeating a major point to playing it.[/OOC]

What you have done here with your OP, is you have brought to light one of the major issues that plague the community. On one side, we have the group that preaches "peace, love, and harmony", while simultaneously declaring wars with weak reasons to and launching a propaganda campaign to try to convince everyone that this is the peaceful thing to do. On the other side, you have the group that sits back and watches in confusion while the others do everything they can to destroy the basic fundamentals of this game - that being - competition.

Vox and FAN certainly aren't the only ones that hate NPO. There are hoards of people that do. You see, when you defeat all of your enemies, then you have to either create more of them, or say goodbye to wartime forever. The confused masses are the ones that jump out of their chairs to sign treaties, but complain about peacetime. Half of them want war, and the other half want peace. Since NPO has been identified by many as the creator of the old and stale peacetime that lingers over the planet, those that are pro-peace tend to be pro-NPO, while those that want to make the game a bit more exciting tend to be anti-NPO. It also happens to be a trend that those that are pro-peace also happen to be a product of social-engineering and drift through the game as "mindless pawns". We were given military for a reason. Mindless pawns don't understand that. Free-thinkers do.

If you'd like to understand what it's like to be outside the factory, all you need to do is take a look at how NPO's actions have shaped the cyberverse into what it is today. NPO places NPO before CN. In the early days, wars were fought for a real cause. Today they are fought over someone else's drama. The only real cause left in this game is to restore the ability to compete in it while making it more interesting. This is what anti-NPO organizations are after. Unfortunately to do this, it would mean being "anti-NPO".

This game was always like that.

The thing that separates this game from all other similar text based nation building games are the boards for this game which are filled with an active community, but importantly even, a community very "into" the imaginary politics it produces. That results into great friendships (hence why many cite friends they made here as the most important aspect of this game and why they stay) but also animosities (with what you have a problem here).

Animosities are for the biggest part really only contained within the IC and as long it is like that its fine with me.

This game always lived on such things, it feeds on it. The imaginary controversy and imaginary drama produced by the so called in game opponents is the engine of CN. The thing that gives it flair that brings players to play.

Animosities are for the biggest part really only contained within the IC and as long it is like that its fine with me.

For once, I agree with you, but there are people on your side who don't. I can name off several people in the NPO would do have OOC grudges for IC actions. I'm not saying your one of them, or anyone who's posted in this topic is one of them, but I can name some. Of course, I'm sure there are people on my side like that as well, I just don't notice it as much because they are on my side :P