Navy Questions

liam riordan

I am interesting in fielding a Navy, however I am in need of some clarification.

For example:

Battle Support with 5 Landing Craft = +5% bonus to ground damage correct?

Now what I don't understand is the 20% cap on the ground damage, can this only be achieved through your ships only on Battle Support? Or does it increase with allied support with their naval forces?

Also, since the Landing Craft is built through Shipyards, the CN Information page doesn't say if there is a limit to how many shipyards you can have, is that a typo?

Shipyard - $100,000 - Allows nations to build and maintain navy Landing Ships, Frigates, Submarines, and Aircraft Carriers. Increases the number of each of these types of ships that a nation can support +1. This improvement may not be destroyed if it is supporting navy vessels until those navy vessels are first destroyed. Requires Harbor.

I've never attacked with navy, does the battle bonus add up with every battle support slot? Or is it only active as long as you set it so?

These things are expensive, I don't want to invest without knowing how useful they actually are.

Thanks. ^_^

Edited by liam riordan

Theres a 20% cap on the ground battle damage increase you can get with your Landing Ships.

You can increase the damage also with the tech bonus however.

---

On the Shipyards:

Nations are limited to 5 per type of improvement unless otherwise specified.

Each day you want to put your navy into battle support it will use one Navy action slot.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Theres a 20% cap on the ground battle damage increase you can get with your Landing Ships.

You can increase the damage also with the tech bonus however.

---

On the Shipyards:

Each day you want to put your navy into battle support it will use one Navy action slot.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Ah that it does, thanks for that.

So every day an action slot is needed to 'keep up the fire'? Ok, got that one nailed down.

Shipyard improvement limit to 5. *facepalm* How did I forget that...

With landing ship limit normal at 3, plus the 3 shipyards, I can field 6 landing craft right? Making it a total of 6 ships for +6% ground damage? How much does the technology account for the other 14%?

With 5100infra, I believe with 3 Shipyards you'd be able to build 5 Landing ships.

Landing Ships you can build one per 2000infra (so you'd need 6000infra for 3) and then 1 extra per Shipyard, so 5 right now, 6 if you had 6000infra.

5 Landing ships would increase your ground battle damage by 5%, so if you had a ground battle where you destroyed 20infra, 5 Landing ships would increase that by 5%, so 20 * 1.05 = 21infra destroyed.

20 Landing ships would increase it by 20%, so 20 * 1.2 = 24infra destroyed.

40 Landing ships would still only increase it by 20%, so thats the cap on that.

---

The tech bonus is independent of Navies, I was just giving you another way to increase your ground battle damage aside form your Navy, as the Landing ships can;t go past 20%

Tech bonus is 0.01% per unit of tech, so for you with 1,203.40tech, if you were in a ground battle and destroyed 20infra, your tech bonus would give you (20 + (20 * (1203.40 * .01%))) = 22.4068 infra destroyed.

---

Over the course of a long multi-front war with up to 12 ground battles per day these bonuses can add up.

With 5100infra, I believe with 3 Shipyards you'd be able to build 5 Landing ships.

Landing Ships you can build one per 2000infra (so you'd need 6000infra for 3) and then 1 extra per Shipyard, so 5 right now, 6 if you had 6000infra.

I believe this is wrong, I've only got one Shipyard, 5,100 infra and I'm able to field two Aircraft Carriers in one day.

Navywth.jpg

I think nation support means just a line of when you can actually build them, is there truth in this?

QUOTE (Jack Shepard @ Apr 2 2009, 01:10 AM)

I believe this is wrong, I've only got one Shipyard, 5,100 infra and I'm able to field two Aircraft Carriers in one day.

Navywth.jpg

I think nation support means just a line of when you can actually build them, is there truth in this?

Jack Shepard's example was correct. His example used Landing Ships which have a lower infrastructure requirement than the carriers you're trying to compare them to. Landing Ships have a 2000 infrastructure requirement while carriers have 5000. Nation support is how many of any particular type ship your nation can support. This is based on how much infrastructure you have. And the presence of drydocks/shipyards which increase the number over the base established by how much total infrastructure you have. The way infrastructure works is for every multiple X infrastructure of a particular ship type's infrastructure requirement you have, you can support one ship of that type. So your 5100 infrastructure can support 2 Landing Ships as indicated by Jack Shepard since they have a requirment of 2000 each; 2 being 4000 infrastructure (3 would require 6000 which you're 900 short of having). Carriers have a requirment of 5000 each, so you can support one. Drydocks/Shipyards increase this base from infrastructure by +1 for every one you have. Jack Shepard's example indicated 3 Shipyards which would be 3 added to the 2 that infrastructure can support for a total of 5. Your example using carriers indicates 1 Shipyard which adds 1 to the 1 you got from infrastructure.