Donation Bonus

USMC123

First off, I apologize if this is the wrong place/wrong way to do this.

Anyway, one of the members of my alliance, Balder (http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=287861) submitted a donation of $20 for my nation (http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=178779) on March 30 at approximately 6:45 PM server time, and I have yet to receive the bonus for the donation. My last donation was on Feb. 13, so this one should count.

Related question: because I have yet to receive the bonus, will it count against an April donation? If so, can I appeal that?

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: I also would also like to apologize for bugging you guys if this isn't a bug, and Admin just hasn't gotten around to it yet :P

Edited by USMC123

If you had enough money in your account at the time of the donation, you should've recieved the bonus within the hour.

I'll ask him is this is the issue, but I am fairly certain it isn't, hence the reason I posted this in the bugs section :P

It really depends on how the PayPal account is setup though as to how long it takes. When the account is confirmed and backed up by a credit card or the money is in the PayPal account itself, not just the bank account it based on, the only hold on the transaction is the time it takes PayPal to conduct the transaction which is a function of how busy they are since a hold can be placed against the credit card and know they'll get their money. It's not necessary to wait until the request against the bank account has cleared. In peak times, it can take several hours for a transaction to be completed and receive the bonus. The problem comes in when the PayPal account is based only off a bank account. Then the transaction being made is really no different from that using a check. The difference being one is electronically done and the other is not. But both are handled in the same fashion. A request for the amount is made against the bank account. Only when the bank has cleared the transaction and released the money will PayPal complete the transaction to admin. And that process depends heavily on the bank. They're allowed by law (in the US) up to 3 business days to clear a check.

As to what month it would be credited to your nation; I believe the answer is March. In essense when the donation transaction was done, an order for the bonus was placed on your nation dated March 30th. All that remains to complete the transaction is the money. The bonus I believe is given based on it's order date/time.

I have no records of any donations for your nation since Feb 13th. Have your alliance mate check his records and if he did send a recent donation have him forward his PayPal reciept to me at webmaster[at]cybernations.net