Petition regarding April Fools jokes

Azaghul

If you're gonna make an April Fools joke, make it something original. The same old cliches: fake declarations of war, mergers, coups, etc. have are overused, unoriginal, and therefore not very funny. They just get tedious and annoying after a while. So please, if you're gonna do something, do something new.

With respect Azaghul, I think you're taking this far too serious.

I realize that no one will take a merger between the STA and NpO seriously, so it won't have much shock humor value for most people. That, however, doesn't stop me, or Grub or Tyga, or any number of other people (mainly NpO/STA/NSO types) from having fun with the idea. Today's date just gives us a legitimate time and place to poke fun at each other.

If you find that annoying well, take solace in the fact that it only happens once a year and that no ones forcing you to participate or post in the thread. :P

With respect Azaghul, I think you're taking this far too serious.

This. Everyone knows you can't take anything seriously on April 1st, its mostly just a day of messing around, take a day off from the forum if it annoys you as its only once a year. ;)

Perhaps this is his April Fool's joke :v

It could be.

Also me not putting a -ly at the end of serious in your quote was totally my April Fool's joke.

No way was it a typo :ph34r:

Also, it allows all of CN to contemplate just how awesome the NsO would have been.
Indeed.

The New Siberian Order would dominate all life, if only because the combined bulk of Grub and Tyga in one alliance would fill all known space in the Cyberverse. :v:

Some day I'm gonna have one hell of an epic announcement... like... a really epic DoW on some alliance, but I'll save it for April Fool's day. Then on April 2nd people will notice we've been attacking them for 2 days and we'll laugh cause their !@#$'s ruined.

Eh, I disagree.

ONE night when we all can joke around and have fun and their are complaints? Seriously mate, then just don't read the alliance sections, one night is not going to kill anyone. Those who do it when it isn't April Fools...Well that is different. Let people have their fun.

Edited by Ejayrazz

Ivan said it best

I just wish more alliances actually had the resolve to seek out something new instead of the ho-hum of the status quo.

Taking a stand only in joke form just proves that resolve is lacking, in my opinion.

This isn't a comment specifically on G. It is a comment on the Cyberverse as a whole, which is stagnant to the extreme. This is just the fourth or fifth such topic I have read today and it just reminds me of the previous April Fool's Day gags, which all seem to center around alliances and governments typically doing what they really want to do but having to mask it so that they don't "offend" anyone.