[CNRPS] From the Caspian sea to the Gulf, the desert is ours

Azrael Alexander

The young men and women sat in the sands of the Dasht-e Lut, they watched the slightly older man with a small amount of stubble pouring over a map. "From the Caspian sea to the Gulf, the desert is ours" the man whispered under his breath. The man took out a pencil and drew a shape on the map. "Half of us are from gulf and half from the Caspian. Ever year our young cross the desert in search of their life partner finally we will be joined forever."

Kyrr Amianstk, set his pencil down. And held up the map:

hy.png

"Too long have Caspia and Uleria been parted, today mark a new beginning..."

From humble beginnings of two tribal communities separated by thousands of miles of uncharted desert the nation of what came to be called the Kyraylia was born.

The sun was over Kyraylia, the country was slowly drenched by the sun. And if you were to look be looking down from the heavens you would see a solitary flag at the middle of the country, and at the heart of the desert it fluttered silently marking the spot where the nation was born. The Kyraylian flag.

12.png

Unfortunately for the Mando'ade, they would not be seeing the flag, as they currently had no plans to explore the region. And just having emerged victorious in a bitter, generation-long war and now in the process of consolidating and updating their infrastructure, satellites were the last thing on their minds.

Though if someone sent out a signal they could trace, they would certainly investigate.

Nobodies had not investigated the area around the Caspian Sea with anything beyond geographical surveys by satellites orbiting Aegis. Periodic passive scans would look around the entire world for stray electronic emissions; it was hoped that any emerging civilizations would be discovered and properly observed after such. Until the time in which Kyraylia could sent out stray radio signals, the area was rather close to the lowest of priority for update scans.

They numbered 9, the Kyraylia people had always been a bit Xenophobic. But the President of the Council or Archons of Kyraylia had demanded that each of the 9 families chose one of their own to explore these uncharted territories. 9 of them set out in different directions. The group that went north simply followed the Caspian and eventually proclaimed the holy body of water to be Kyraylia's for all time.

Those who went east were never seen again, those to west help expand the borders of the nation and found more fertile land to support the burgeoning population which had begun to increase rapidly.

However the explorer who travelled south came upon another Civilisation.

expansion.png

Scytale, burst into the room. He was Kyraylia's greatest linguist and had led the charge of standardising the language of the young nation.

"Hello, I am Scytale of the Skarav Family, Emissary of Kyraylia. I come to speak with the leader of this nation"

OOC: [CNRP]

Edit2: Dammit wrong forum

Edited by Shamshir

OOC: I see, how realistic do you have to be with your creation?

OOC: Not too realistic, but within the realm of physics, so no psychic people or jedi or that shenanigans.

IC: Similarly to the Nobodies, the Holy German Empire used satellites to overwatch the world.

However, not only passive scans were done. High-resolution pictures were being made, to map the world's surface in detail.

And one of the satellites just so happened to take a picture of the area where the flag was, showing it somewhat clearly. This interested the high command, but until these people showed civilisation other than making flags, they would merely be watched.

OOC: Imagine the sats as making something like Google Earth. =D

June21-2004-ThePunjabUniversity-OldCampusBuilding-1.jpeg

Stolvosk Center of Science in Kyral

Towns in the desert began grow. While near the lakes the seas and the rivers massive cities were beginning to flourish. However the expansion of Kyraylia had led to a problem for the Council of Archons. Communication. How could they communicate over such long distances. Well deep inside the Stolvosk Center of Science some of the brightest minds had gathered.

"So explain this contraption" Zahir Shamshir was a tall man, he was of the Illumina caste. Kyraylians were split into two casts the Illumina and the Elexiar. They were of the same race but wildly different. They would have appeared to most as an abnormality tall race of humans but there were slight differences. One being that unlike humans the Illumina instead of sweating out water would sweat out an extremely flammable liquid. And with sensory and transmitter cells all over there skin they were able to not only become one with fire but to project it. The Elexiar the polar opposite. They had skin that was able to extract extreme levels of moisture from the air, it was this fact that had led to the oasis towns in the desert into an golden age, but those of the same caste could not mate. No one understood it but it was a well known fact.

Gunther came over to the head of the Archon council, "Mr Shamshir you see that structure out there?" He pointed to the strange triangular structure outside:

CrystalPalaceMast(large).jpg

"Well you see by speaking into the device you were pointing at it send a message to that" he pointed again at the peculiar structure. "We call it a transmitter as it transmits sound waves"

"Look our emissary will be arriving soon after having contacted another race, so please get to it" said Zahir slowly

"Yes, yes of coarse. Well it will send the signal to anywhere with a structure like that" pointing to the receiver

Radar_antenna.jpg

"And they will hear what we say. We have the same set up here as we do in Caspia" Gunther grabbed a very large brick like device and a map. "This allows us to speak over large distances" the excitement in his voice was increasing. As he drew a line across the map from Kyral to Caspia. Zahir couldent help but notice how outdated the map was.

Untitled-4.jpg

"Please say something into the device" asked Gunther

"Hello, I am Zahir Shamshir, Head of the Archon Council and Leader of the Kyraylian people."

silence

"Salutations, Mr Shamshir. I am ludvic chief technician of the Caspian Scientific Institute"

Silence, no one believed it. This was amazing.

After much discussion Zahir had the Ministry of Sciences budget tripled. Kyraylia was indeed in exponential times.

OOC: Whooo peak of technology atm, does this mean i can contact people now? :)

A stray, extremely faint radio broadcast was picked up by the ultra sensitive Passive Sensors of a drifting Nobody Satellite. It immediately zeroed in on the source and listened for a few more minutes before discerning a random voice-like pattern to the transmission. It communicated its' findings to another satellite in orbit, which had the mapping tools to look into the territory.

The geographic satellite took pictures of the area with extreme detail and forwarded the findings to a Nobody operating the Discoveries Station in Dark-City. It excitedly communicated these findings to the Hive-Mind, which relayed the relevant information to Roxas. After a moment's thinking, he earmarked a flight of Nobodies for the area and attempted a transmission to the Radio-Tower device.

"Greetings, sentient being of Aegis."

(OOC: For reference, the Nobody Language is a highly archaic form of Latin, rumored from which nearly all languages originate from.)

"Greetings, sentient being of Aegis."

All had heard it. In Caspia and in Kyral. Zahir spoke tentatively "What was that? Was the you Caspia?" The reply was no.

What did it say? "Greetings, sentient beings of Aegis?" he repeated it slowly and accuratly. a slight chill was running up his spine.

OOC: Consider me at 1897 tech wise ;)

Faint responses into the microphone (or racial equivalent) were picked up and dutifully relayed to Roxas, whom replied slowly to keep most of the hypnotic melody out of his voice.

"I represent a group of beings to your west. Far to your west, to be precise. We have noticed your recent...improvements," Roxas continued, groping for small words. "I would like to investigate the society you have somehow managed to erect in a very inhospitable place."

A woman came rushing in, she was one of the explorer who had just helped expand the the western border. Her name was Natalie Herveorn. She explained fully the last message.

After being informed by the Shamshir she replied orated an response:

"We are water and fire, we are proud and strong. Come to us peacefully and we embrace you. Threaten us and we will destroy you. The desert is heaven, our eternal abode. Our miracles pale it seem in your presence. We are Kyraylia expanding each and everyway, pray tell us more about you so you may light up our day."

In an attempt to get a better sound the technicians broadened range allowing the sound to project further.

Edited by Shamshir

"We are water and fire, we are proud and strong. Come to us peacefully and we embrace you. Threaten us and we will destroy you. The desert is heaven, our eternal abode. Our miracles pale it seem in your presence. We are Kyraylia expanding each and everyway, pray tell us more about you so you may light up our day."

In an attempt to get a better sound the technicians broadened range allowing the sound to project further.

It was at this point the radio operators noticed a signal. Faint, and with a moderate amount of static, but it was there.

OOC: BTW, what language are YOU using? I need to know so I can formulate my full reaction correctly...

It was at this point the radio operators noticed a signal. Faint, and with a moderate amount of static, but it was there.

OOC: BTW, what language are YOU using? I need to know so I can formulate my full reaction correctly...

OOC: Something very similar to Aramaic

OOC: Something very similar to Aramaic

OOC: Thanks.

IC: Once the static was cleared, they studied the words they had overheard. Lingual experts, always on hand in the event of something like this, soon noticed its similarity to the Aramaic language, that had been near extinction at one point. All human languages were well-documented in their archives.

It did not matter that it was not quite the same. Lingual drift was only to be expected. They attempted to reach out with a simple phrase that would have litytle difficulty in being understood.

"Hello. Who is this?"

The collection of scientist and government figures were amazed further, whoever was speaking to them had mastered there language extremely quickly.

"How have you learned our language so quickly? Who is speaking? I am the leader of a Nation called Kyraylia, yourself?"

The collection of scientist and government figures were amazed further, whoever was speaking to them had mastered there language extremely quickly.

"How have you learned our language so quickly? Who is speaking? I am the leader of a Nation called Kyraylia, yourself?"

Good, the basic message had gotten through. It did differ slightly from the base language, but it apparently wasn't too different to be understood.

"I represent the Mando'ade, though I am but a humble diplomat and linguist. Our nation is known as Mandalore. My people have extensive archives on every known language. That is why I am able to speak yours so quickly."

"We would like to meet you so e can continue discussion personally, how easy would it be for us to meet you all?"

"We currently have a diplomat abroad making contact with another civilization. She can be routed back to you. It shouldn't take her more than a day to get there."

Zahir thanked them both and kindly asked the technicians to switch the equipment off momentarily.

"Unlike the UK these seem large, active and dangerous nations, it would be prudent to put the military on high alert. Begin construction of the wall..."

OOC: I await contact :)