Announcements from the League of Small Superpowers

PHD

bannered2.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOSS!!

Three years ago, the League of Small Superpowers was formed by a couple of friends who thought the world of Bob needed a new alliance (back before alliances popped up every hour). This alliance would go on to become one of the oldest alliances in the game. Looking back, it's been quite a ride. Starting out as a small blue team alliance, to thriving on black with an eternal war with the GOONS. We've been forced into neutrality on pink by one of our worst enemies, only to become friends and allies with them. We've seen alliances die, we've seen alliances born. We've had friends come and go. But LOSS has always been here. From the small blue alliance with less than 3k strength, to an alliance just 4 million strength, we have been here, and we won't be leaving any time soon.

I could go on about LOSS' history, but seeing as this post is already going to be a wall of text, I'll redirect you to our information site: here There, you will find our history, in all it's glory. We don't hide our history, it's what has made us who we are. Instead, I'll talk briefly about my time in LOSS.

A little over two years ago, I joined LOSS as a small, completely noob nation. Back then, was a completely different time. Trace was Consul, the colour team forums were still around, and we had members that have moved on to other alliances. Looking back, the world seemed so much simpler then, as it always does when looking at the past. During that time, I worked my way up the ranks to eventually become a senator, and then the Consul. Later, I would once again take up the position of Consul, but in a different light, and finally work my way up to the position of Princeps, leader of LOSS.

LOSS has changed over it's three years here on Bob. Without change, LOSS would have died with our dearest friends the NAAC. However, one thing that hasn't changed in LOSS was the sense of community here. Everywhere I go, I see friends talking with friends. people playing games, and people helping others when they have no other reason to, but for the sake of the alliance. This, to me, is what LOSS is all about. We started out as the League of Small Superpowers, and in our time, we have had friends rise to unprecedented heights in this game. These friends have always passed on their knowledge to the smaller nations. Why? Because everyone that's been in LOSS knows, that the new nations of today, are the superpowers of tomorrow. Here's to another three years LOSS, and here's to producing Bob's superpowers of tomorrow.

Jaaku

Princeps

princepscopy.jpg

It's hard to believe it's been a whole year since I last sat down to write LOSS' birthday speech and what can I say? It's been a hell of a year! I've seen LOSS get it's forums hacked by banned member, been momentarily couped as leader before being reinstated, went to war and back again! While I won't go into my reasons to why I left LOSS to go to MK because those who are close to me (or who asked) already know and this is not the time or the place to go into that - I will say, however, that after I had repaid reps along with my fine gentlemanly friends I was faced with a choice of what to do next, stay at MK, accept one of the offers I've received to join other alliances, or rejoin LOSS. I (obviously) chose the latter as LOSS is, was and will always be my home.

One can also judge the worth of an alliance from the calibre of the company it keeps - and I can proudly say that in my years as both a member and a leader, LOSS has allowed me to meet and become good friends with many of this game's most honourable characters. And so long as this grand alliance has the backing of it's brotherhood of members and it's beloved friends then it can go on in perpetuity.

Congratulations on your third birthday LOSS - I'm already looking forward to next year!

PHD

Consul

consul.jpg

While LoSS as a whole is 3 years, I can only say that I have been here just less than two years, starting July of 2007. At that time LoSS had just been sentenced to terms due to GW3. When I joined I knew nothing of the game and you would think that once in the alliance the terms would have made things bad for any new nation. But in reality I think it is what prompted me to stay and make a home within the alliance. Brotherhood was tight with those that were in the alliance. It’s as they say, when you have nothing left in life but your brothers you are a rich man. Many of those friends that survived that darkened time are still within the alliance today and I would dare say as close as ever. Real Life has claimed a few victims, but the rest still stand strong even if it is in the shadows of the new brood of members and leaders.

That is something that LoSS has always brought to the table; members that were smart, reliable, friendly and most of all dedicated. For me LoSS is home. Through good times and bad, through decisions I have fought for and against, through the loss of friends to deletion or beliefs…..LoSS is my home.

I have been asked before why there are times it seems I don’t make a stand and choose a side in whatever the debate is and what those people always fail to realize is that I make my stand, I choose my side just by being there. Members are not dedicated to one side or the other; they are dedicated to LoSS, their home.

LoSS will always make decisions that will, by friends and foes alike, be praised and criticized, but the important thing is LoSS always stands by its decision, be it right or wrong. I have followed many leaders here and every one of them has their own ideas, as I have mine. As they direct the alliance I’ll follow, because it’s not just me that suffers if I waiver, it’s the brotherhood that LoSS is built upon.

LoSS is my home and I wish it and all those that have crossed its steps a very happy 3rd birthday.

*to the return of any and all LoSS(t) brothers*

Slade

Consul

consul.jpg

As the oldest member to be part of LOSS I can certainly say that we have been through thick and thin with them and have encountered situations most players have not. In my time I've held almost every position within LOSS and served them to the best of my ability. I have been with LOSS since 10 days into its creation. Back when me and Nidhogg assumed power over LOSS when the first government had failed on the eve of the Second Polar War. We were 15 members strong and no nation was any stronger than 3k strength. During my time in LOSS I can sincerely say that I have met some of the most friendly and helpful people to ever have joined the game. Many of which you will find working in your very own government.

LOSS is one of very few former Aegis, CoaLUEtion alliance's to have not disbanded or been destroyed, we've experienced things most alliances have not. I've said before and I'll say it again "How LOSS has survived this long is a miracle, or is it just good diplomacy?". We are one of the top 10 oldest alliances in Cybernations still alive today. That's something I would never had believed 3 years ago and something I'm very proud of.

We've come so far, through thick and thin but were still here, stronger than ever.

Happy 3rd birthday LOSS.

Onward and Upward O/

Drugsup

Consul

consul.jpg

On the occasion of our third birthday

it gives me great pleasure to also announce:

THE RETURN OF THE BLACK PANTHER!

flag2.jpg

Our time here on Blue has been nothing short of phenomenal. We've strengthened our friendship with friends we've already had, and have met new ones along the way. We've been a founding member of Agora, and have seen alliances rise and fall. It's been quite a time. However, someone once asked the leadership about our colour, and if we could go back to our true home. It was put up for discussion, and the membership agreed. While blue has been great to us, there's always just that little something missing. This will be a time of reflection. A return to some of our past. LOSS is always moving forward, but we cannot forget our past, and we will continue to reflect on how to improve ourselves in this time especially.

On this day, March 31 of 2009, LOSS is hereby moving to the black team. We've talked to other black team alliances, and they have been more than happy to have us. We've talked to our allies in Agora, and they understand our decision. We wish them well on their way, and still retain the bonds we have made with our friends there. LOSS will be actively looking for new friends on black.

Cake-Chocolate.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on your third birthday, LoSS! I hope you enjoy the black sphere.

On this day, March 31 of 2009, LOSS is hereby moving to the black team. We've talked to other black team alliances, and they have been more than happy to have us. We've talked to our allies in Agora, and they understand our decision. We wish them well on their way, and still retain the bonds we have made with our friends there. LOSS will be actively looking for new friends on black.

Also, just for clarification, did you leave the Agora Accords or just change colors?

Congrats LoSS...

Have fun on black, just remember, "Once you go black, you never go back" :P

why do you think we're coming back? :P

Congratulations on your third birthday, LoSS! I hope you enjoy the black sphere.

Also, just for clarification, did you leave the Agora Accords or just change colors?

Agora has been notified that we are leaving. LOSS signed the Agora accords as an economic bloc for blue alliances. Us on black does not fit that description. Mind you, we'll still be keeping in contact with them ;)

Agora has been notified that we are leaving. LOSS signed the Agora accords as an economic bloc for blue alliances. Us on black does not fit that description. Mind you, we'll still be keeping in contact with them ;)

Fair enough, the language of the Agora Accords didn't seem to restrict the member alliance's color so I guess I never thought that it would be necessary to leave Agora when changing spheres. Though I did realize it was unlikely for a non-Blue or Red team alliance to be invited. Thanks for the clarification. I always like an alliance with a rich history and I still owe drugsup for that temp trade (thanks drugsup). Take care now!

Edited by Penguin

If Nidhogg knew how...different your guys' political views are now...he'd be rolling in his grave.

actually hed be proud, proud to know that there are a lot of proud loss members that does whats best for our alliance, we done a good dam job so far, proud to be loss, plus nidhogg ain't dead he ain't in no grave....

*slams down jug of tequilla in celebration of LoSS Birthday, woop de woop de wah!

o/ LoSS

Edited by Amossio