Kouhu

Sumeragi

Later, as they were returning to camp.......

"I have something to ask you, Akeiko."

"Shoot."

"What was that red liquid back at Berlin?"

"Oh, that? It was just iodine tincture."

"Iodine? How did that get on there?"

"I managed to spill the bottle while trying to treat a small cut you had when you tripped over a chair while getting to our room. I had the lights turned off, since I had to..... remove your boxers because you had a really high temperature."

"So nothing happened at all?"

"Yeah."

"Good to know that, Akeiko."

Holding hands, they continued on.

• 2 weeks later...

Room 207

"..... Say Monika."

"Yes Shukun?"

"Did you change the code paper that I was supposed to give to Akasaka?"

"Why do you ask?"

"It turns out that I gave him the time/code that overlapped with Akeiko's schedule, meaning that !@#$%^& probably had a peek."

"And what if he did?"

"I'll twist that-"

"Now now, Shukun, Heika needs to have a bit of fun in her life. Stop being the protective uncle for once."

"....... If you say so, Fräulein."

OOC;

As a great man once said:

Pass me the cookie.

OOC: No, I want someone to GUESS it. :P

They were back on the plane, heading home to the barracks in Nankyo. The field exercises had bee a success, and the Gentengun were satisfied with the results. But for Akasaka, there was more.

He had, perhaps, gone into a realm that might have caused shockwaves in the very foundations of Kyokujitsu. Who would have thought that he would kiss the Mother of the Nation, the Goddess of the Sun, and with mutual feelings ?

But was this romance or love? No, it was a first kiss between two lonely people who trusted each other. This was something that had been bothering him since Berlin. He knew he had feelings for her, but being comrades-in-arms who have spilled blood for each other, and monarch/subject, were the main part of any relationship between them It was very complex, come to think of it.

But nevertheless, Akasaka knew they the two of them could rely on the other with their deepest secret, something that was near impossible in today's world. It was an unbreakable bond forged under the fire of being together. He hoped that would never change.

“Mamoru-kun.....”

A soft sigh followed as Akeiko whispered the name, has limo neared the Imperial Palace.

She still couldn't make out what Akasaka was supposed to be to her. What started out as a sort of game (to her) had moved beyond the innocent point. A point that she hadn't expected to reach ever in her life.

She never really had dealt with a boy before, being isolated from the outside to be groomed as the next Sumeragi. In a sense, she was never a girl, but only the Daugther/Mother of the Nation. Others had a chance of being normal, something she never had. In a sense, her playing around with Akasaka, the first new recruit of the Gentengun after the death of her father, and the first to be chosen personally by her, was to escape the emptiness she felt in her life.

The emptiness of never having the chance to be just a little girl, without all the burdens of being a divine being, a goddess.

Everyone bowed deeply towards the Ryumu Sumeragi as she entered the main hall of the Palace. She was a bit tired of all the veneration, but that was something she had to accept. What bothered her more was how the freshly ironed uniform was pressing her chest, indicating she was now more a woman that a girl. Something which made her think back to Akasaka.

Frankly, she had been playing the little girl with him. She had seen her chance to be a teenager when she spotted his application among the sea of papers at her desk. Since the Gentengun was the Sumeragi's security detail as well as personal military, a bit of maneuvering got her a playmate. And it was fun, with all the 'dates' she had with Akasaka allowing her to be the little girl she wanted to be.

But things got out of hand in Berlin, with Akasaka's drunken confession of his feelings for her. She never expected her 'escapisms' to be this serious. If she was certain she didn't feeling anything for him, she would have just cut everything off and stopped things from progressing.

But she didn't know how she felt.

Akeiko jumped onto the downy bed and relaxed. Looking up at the ceiling, she reflected on her thoughts of the past day.

She no longer knew whether Akasaka was just a playmate or someone who had deeper connections with her. After taking away loyalty and soldierly love, what remained between them? It certainly wasn't love, and also wasn't mere friendship. Perhaps just one-sided infatuation on part of him? No, there was something on her side too. But what was this 'something'?

Suddenly remembering the kiss in the tree, she started blushing. It was her first kiss, something special. And she had been the one to make the first move, which made it more important for her. Despite all the romance novels she read while trying to get a sense of what an average person should feel like, she was wholly unprepared for the slight lemony taste that remained on her lips. Bittersweet, with the sweetness almost overwhelming the bitterness

Would she have asked for the kiss, if she didn't have feelings herself? No, she wouldn't have.....

Edited by Sumeragi

OOC: It's interesting to finally see what her take on this whole thing is. Not what I would have originally thought.

Though if you say the thing is not love, but not mere friendship...obviously it's somewhere in between. Peraps if it was given enough time, it could become love.

She wasn't able to sleep with all the thoughts in her hand. Geting out of bed, she opened the balcony windows and stepped out into the spring night. The moon was shining brightly, casting glow on the shimmering white, gossamer nemaki. She leaned on the rails, looking out into the majestic city that was Nankyo. Everything she saw was hers, for she was a goddess, to whom all looked up to. Yet none of it came into her eyes.

Who was Akasaka Mamoru to her? By now, she narrowed the possibilities down to a friend, a close riend in whom she can trust. A friend who saw her as just Akeiko and not the divine Ryumu Sumeragi. She knew that it was herself that pushed him in that direction, but he was the first one to truly break through the crystal barrier which separated her from the rest of the nation. That in itself was important.

But.... do friends kiss? Kissing on cheeks was understandable, but the two of them had gone further and shared something special. The first true kiss was supposed to be one of the most important events in a girl's life, and she had that momentous happening, on her initiative. Howevern what she didn't now, and wanted to know, was why she made that move.

It wasn't like she was never going to have that experience with anyone else, nor would she be restricted from doing so. She was the Sumeragi, and what she wanted she could get easily. Yet, she chose Akasaka, which meant he had to be special to her. SOmething beyond just friendship, close to..... love? No, she knew it couldn't be love. She..... she was never able to experience romance. Amd she knew she wasn't ready for such commitments. It would be too much for her, for someone who never had the benefit of being just a person. If it wasn't love, and yet not friendship, what was it?

Just then a soft breeze blew, gently making her ebony hair float for a while. A word came up in her mind.

Kouhu (光風)

The wind of light. The gentle spring wind that comes after a rainfall. The crisp and refreshing breeze which blew away all the awkwardnness and uneasiness of the world.

Akasaka was her kouhu, her wind that helped her be herself. When she was with him, all the trappings, all the reverance, all the restrictions disappeared, leaving behind two young people who can be frank and open-hearted with each other. He was a soul mate, heling her understand herself.

A small smile appeared on her face as she looked up at the moon, the soft spring breeze blowing again. She whispered quietly, as if someone was next to her.

"!@#$ashii tomodachi to!@#$e sukiyade, Mamoru-kun. Watashi to isshone itekuwate, arigatou."

OOC: A little longer than I planned it to be, but writing out Akeiko's thoughts seemed to help understand what this relationship is like. Thank you for reading, and I appreciate comments especially from the fellow girls ^_^

Edited by Sumeragi

Kouhu

"!@#$ashii tomodachi to!@#$e sukiyade, Mamoru-kun. Watashi to isshone itekuwate, arigatou."

What does those two mean above? Of all of the Japanese to English free translators I tried, none of them gave a translation of it in English.

What does those two mean above? Of all of the Japanese to English free translators I tried, none of them gave a translation of it in English.

English would be:

"I like/love you as a close friend, Mamoru-kun. Thank you for being with me."

A thing to note is that I used the Kansai dialect (Kyoto-ben to be specific), so most translators wouldn't be able to catch it.

Edited by Sumeragi

English would be:

"I like/love you as a close friend, Mamoru-kun. Thank you for being with me."

A thing to note is that I used the Kansai dialect (Kyoto-ben to be specific), so most translators wouldn't be able to catch it.

OOC: Yes, that's the thing about translators. They don't work very well when dealing with dialects of any language.

OOC: Yes, that's the thing about translators. They don't work very well when dealing with dialects of any language.

OOC: So true, online translators tend to be horrible when it comes to translating phrases - which is why I include a translation whenever I employ foreign languages in my RP. :v:

OOC: So true, online translators tend to be horrible when it comes to translating phrases - which is why I include a translation whenever I employ foreign languages in my RP. :v:
OOC: Same for me, lol.

OOC: And that right there is one reason why I :wub: both you guys...

Really, I think character RP's are your forte.

OOC: You flatter me, but I don't think I'm good at character RPs.

I've been mostly a loner in my teens, and most of the non-comical scenes are stylized versions of what I experienced. I actually envy Sarah and MU when it comes to these kinds of things, since you might say I'm very inexperienced.

But I hope things change in the future.

Edited by Sumeragi