Taiwanese Announcement

Ezequiel

We realise that there is some misunderstanding with this whole land situation. It appears, that the easter side of New Guinea was uninhabited. This is what I was told.

It seems this claim by Ezequiel was made after I had *claimed* the land... Might be a good idea to research your argument before you start it?

Since Annihilation is new, we will be seeking advice from our neighbours and allies.

I, on the behalf of my country, hope that this issue is resolved in a timely and efficient manner. Hopefully without the use of violence, but we will be watching things very closely.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"All we know is that they are occupying the territory Milady, the rest of the reports are all the rantings of our neighbors." McAlpine sighed. "We really are fortunate." He said sarcastically. "Always to have lived in the hot spots of the world."

Sarah looked up from the table with a report in her hand and tossed it gently off to the side, while to servants walked out from the Hall with a tray of entrees and a pitcher of lemonade. Australian summers were always something to enjoy and she had been getting used to the weather after a year and a half from Finland. "Well you are always going to have banter Roger, that's a given, people have a tendency to want to show how powerful they are, but this is just getting ridiculous. Do the Taiwanese realize that we claimed that area as an Australasian Protectorate for a new government to re-establish itself?"

"I would assume not Lady Sarah."

She scoffed. "I'm half-tempted to instate it as a Hanseatic protectorate then and give the new nation full fledged independence again." Sarah sighed picking up a sandwich from the tray and pouring a glass of lemonade. "Well, so long as Taiwan has no intention of occupying the area we should be fine. The Annihilations are a sovereign people as far as I'm concerned and Nebu has no right to occupy them as his own state. If they hadn't declared independence then fine, but that was the defining moment. After that it is imperialism."

"Then our move would be what Your Ladyship?"

"Well definitely a diplomatic one. Nebu is reasonable and he made the same move that the Dragonsians made on his nation not even a month ago and the Dragonsians withdrew. No, I'll send a message myself, take care of this whole mess."

To: Nebu II, Emperor of New Taiwan

Your Esteemed Excellency,

Recently I have observed your moves and the moves of the Empire of Timor to expand to expel the anarchic forces of what was once Othello from the region and you are to be commended for this. However, when I annexed Eastern Othello I made sure to create the western side of New Guinea as an Australasian Protectorate. This Protectorate was declared for the chance that if a new nation would take the reigns of government the Hansa would not have to govern the whole of New Guinea by itself. In the anarchy a new nation has arisen from the ashes, the state of Annihilation. My government made immediate contact with these people and found them to be friendly and worthy of stablizing this region from anarchy. I ask you as a friend to please respect the sovereignty of this new nation, as I am sure they will open up trade relations for both our nations in the future, providing prosperity and wealth to the entire Australasian region.

I am not writing this to be aggressive or to demand anything from your people, so please do not take this as such. The Commonwealth sees no reason to threaten you, all we ask is that you respect the sovereignty of this new nation so the infighting that has taken place already can be stopped. You are a rational man and I know you will chose what is right for everyone in this current situation.

Sincerely,

Sarah Tintagyl

Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Commonwealth

"We do not see... "idiocy" in either side of this equation. We see a mistake.. which all nations make. We call for Taiwan to immediately remove its forces as a sign of good graces and contact the new nation of Annihilation to establish proper diplomatic contact. I see no one has yet to be harmed in this situation, so if all nations act like adults instead of name calling children, this should all be resolved peacefully, amicably, and in short accord. Balance will be restored and all will be in proper order. I find it distressing all nations have to do is saber rattle of late. They've clearly forgotten the lessons of the last war.. I thought surely everyone had lost some family member or someone they knew in that nuclear holocaust to teach them how dangerous blind aggression is, but it sadly appears not. Additionally, we believe it may be a good idea for Neo Taiwan to consult the Dragon Bloc's military governor, General Vasili Markov of Neo Olympia, before considering expansion or exploration efforts in the future; it could easily avoid these kinds of mistakes of this nature in the future."

"As for advice on how to handle this accidental intrusion, I would say forgiveness is the better part of valor when the world is full of people who are capable of error."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

With the acceptation of Annihilation into the Pax Pacifica, we urge you to withdraw troops as soon as possible. This would be a mistake if hter had been no declaration of existence, however, moving troops into a self declared sovereign nation in an expansionist, imperialistic move is a heinous crime, armed robbery on a grand scale.

Now, we have intercepted intelligence that shows you are attempting to bribe or blackmail this new country out of their lands, a despicable act.

Explain yourself.

OOC: Here's to prove I can fight my own battles :P

Ezequiel:

Annihilation believes it has not done anything wrong. We claimed independence, welcomed our neighbours with open arms, and, although being communist, we want to play nicely with everyone.

Annihilation asks graciously that you please pull your troops out and leave us to sort out our country. This was NOT a misunderstanding, but a poor attempt to steal land that had been PROPERLY claimed by the Communist Utopia of Annihilation. We did create a declaration of independence, but you did not think to read it and/or look for one for that piece of land. And then to send me a letter ASKING for more land that has not been contaminated by radiation, in return for tech sharing and military knowledge? I can only assume that you were trying to blackmail me, all because your friend had been purged and so you thought you could go in there and claim the land (which you apparently did - without anyone knowing). I will not fulfil your requests. Not after you have unlawfully entered my country. And then tried to steal it.

Annihilation believes "it was there first."

We are not going to lay down and have you roll over us just because you're probably more powerful and more experienced. As LVN stated, we are apart of the Pax Pacifica. And we have friends and allies more than willing to help us out if we need it. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

But if you do not withdraw your troops we will be more than happy to remove them by any means necessary.

Edited by Madame Unicorn

ooc: forum pm's are ooc unless stated otherwise. Uberstein did this with me and I’m pretty sure the consensus was no he cant use my pm's as ic proof I intended to invade him, so this can't really be used as evidence of bribery.

OOC: Wouldn't it go on a case by case basis? I'm sure if you see what I have you'd see that it was meant AND it was most likely in character.

Probably wanted to settle this behind closed doors. I dont swing that way. Girls can play tough too :P

ooc: forum pm's are ooc unless stated otherwise. Uberstein did this with me and I'm pretty sure the consensus was no he cant use my pm's as ic proof I intended to invade him, so this can't really be used as evidence of bribery.

OOC: That's right, I'd almost forgotten about that. Unless the PM's are specifically stated as IC, they are considered OOC.