Norway-Sweden News, Developments and Movements

Il Terra Di Agea

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classified: Security 3

Notice of Eviction

As of this moment, all ADI personnel working in the government are to leave. It, by decree of the prime minister and 79% approval by congress, is now illegal to work for both ADI and the government, as it would create a conflict of interest.

You have Two Weeks to clear your desks, and find your new employment.

You will be given 10,000 Krones as compensation for the work you put into the government, but were unable to complete.

Private: Office of Baggs Q. Headington, esq.

Baggs paced his office until the heads of ADI's departments arrived.

"That's it everyone. The Dream is over. We once had the GDP of the nation to keep us afloat, and now we don't. It seems to be economically unfeasible to keep us all together."

Ludovico Costa, the oft unseen head of Finance timidly said out to the room, "Well, actually, as the only company in the nation, it would be an awful choice to get rid of us. Last I heard, there was a bill put out in congress to buy us out, which would lower the costs of running the company substantial, as we would no longer have to provide sate services like social security, plus, we could take on more risky projects, as we would not have to make a profit, or even pay our own workers. Honestly, we are going to be even more lucrative than before."

A silence struck the room as everyone tried to wrap their heads around what Costa had said.

Baggs walked slowly to the wall, and typed a long code into a keypad. "You all know what this means..."

A hum emanated from the ceiling as a disco ball lowered, and a full bar slid from a crease in the wall.

"PARTY!!!!!!!!!"

Classified: Security 10

Project Comet Doom Log: Dr. Gerhard Schroder

Day 45:

Meart_arm.jpg

Subject Two in a case to protect it's biological component from light

Subject two has made rapid progress with it's arm. The interns have taken to calling it "DaVinci," as the have set up a system for it to "draw." The experts say that children need to draw to have their brains develop properly, and as such, we thought it would be right to do the same for our "child." Optical sensors are being prepared in the hope that it will continue to progress once it has the ability to "see."

The art has proven a very interesting subject. The marks are clearly deliberate and chosen, but there is no discernible pattern. It leads me to believe that the movement is caused by the random firing of neurons rather than a conscious act, but this has been disproven before. Just last week in fact, an intern tried to hook up an auditory sensor, but when he started to get in a fight with another intern over some work, the subject began to draw with much more red, and with substantially more force (The torn piece in the background.) This alone leads me to theorize that it is maintaining some semblance of life. I'm sorry to say, but I have no idea what to take from this.

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Norway Meteorological Network

In a strange turn of events, a heat wave will be passing through from the south of the nation. Norway is widely unprepared for the melting that will inevitably follow this strange heat, but that is the last though to cross the minds of hundreds of weekend fishermen and sightseers who are excited for the break in our usual arctic climate. Already, as temperatures are rising, cities have prepared for floods by setting up sandbags, clearing storm drains to improve flow, and even installing pumps in the basements of citizens to try and prevent that likely scenario.

ADI Purchased and Incorporated into State

In a much speculated move, the Prime Minister has signed a bill toady agreeing to purchase ADI, the former owner of the state. The Minster of Finance, Kristin Halvorsen, stated that "It was a move necessary to keep the nation afloat. ADI owns the buildings and the factories, and with this purchase, the government gets them. ADI has a massive, and dedicated workforce that resisted the shift away, and the high possibility that they would have to be unemployed. ADI is the only company in the nation now, and until we can do something about that, the company is necessary to keep." In a coincidence described as odd by many government members, ADI did not resist in the slightest to the action, and in fact, seemed to take measures o make the buy out go faster.

Classified: Security Security 10

Day 71:

Project is going to plan so far. After the initial issues were worked out, the subjects have been functioning well. As expected, subject two is still ahead of the rest, already having been hooked into an optical sensor, it has show the ability to differentiate colors and basic patterns, as well as recognise faces. It appears that the brain held on to none of it's original memories, so you could say that it is like trying to teach a deaf, visually impaired, infants without nerves in their hands to do these things; Nigh impossible. Another lab is building us a platform to hook into the subjects to try and teach them movement and touch. On the other end of the progress scale, Subject 6 has slowly lost functionality. We believe that the increased pressure to function has brought out latent learning impairment on the biological component. It will be euthanized tomorrow.

Reunification Begins!

The reunification of Norway will official begin tonight as the Norwegian Armed forces will march out of the nation for the first time in our history. It is a day hailed as a step forward for our national unity, and celebrations are being held nation wide.

celebrations.jpg

The army has sent 20,000 soldiers, and 20,000 aid workers to enter the territory to enforce rule over it. The Prime Minster has also announced that after the hold has been ensured, the capital will move from Southport to Oslo, the traditional capital of the Norwegian people. There has also been speculation that the traditional Norwegian monarchy would be restored after the rightful heir is found.

Truly this is a great day to live in Norway!

Diplomatic Envoy Reaches Oslo

The first Group of peace keeping soldiers, along with Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, have arrived in Oslo. The Prime Minister stated that it is a gesture of peach towards whomever remains in the anarchic lands, especially in Oslo, where the capital will likely be moved. The prime minister toured the city, which remains in good shape despite a fairly long period of time left in anarchy. After his tour of the city Jens Stoltenberg got on a small boat to tour the new coastlines to inspect the towns and cities along it.

_Antarktis_b-l_pet__680097f.jpg Jens Stoltenberg on the tour boat

Defense Minister, Anne-Grete Strøm-Erichsen, stated that the southward march to hold the territory will take no more than three weeks to be completed.

Army Reaches Kristiansand

The armed forces relayed a message to Southport today saying that they have officially reached Kristiansand, one of the southernmost parts of the new lands. With this last leg of the reunification march completed, Jens Stoltenberg has stated that the nation has officially reunified. Though still on his tour of the coast, he gave a short speech:

Today is a great day for our nation. Only a few weeks into the process of rebuilding and unifying the nation, and our historic lands have been returned. There is still much to do before we are truly unified. Now that our lands are restored, we must work to bring the rest of the nation the attention we gave the former lands of ADI. In the coming months and years, we will spread our defenses, and our roads to the land. We will rebuild our historic homes and cities, and integrate ourselves with the people. There has been speculation of the return of a monarch, and it is true that that option has arisen. I'll leave it up to you. Polls will open later today to decide weather or not we will bring back a monarch, but regardless of if they come back, now that this will not be an absolute monarchy. We will maintain our democratic system. This is a great day for Norway, a day t be proud of.

Day 183:

All remaining subjects have officially been hooked up with optical and auditory sensors. Sadly, the process drove many subjects into shock. The connection to light and sound has been detrimental to many subjects. We did not expect that they new connections would have the effect on the biological components that they did. At this point, only subjects two, twelve, and twenty remain functional.

While we wait for the subjects to adapt to their new systems, the robot platform requested from engineering is coming along well. They sent us a picture of their representation of our request, and so far, it looks good.

340x3.jpg

They say the platform should be done in a few months. Hopeful by then, we'll have a vocal system installed into the subjects, and they will be taught at least some basic communication.

Day 193:

I'm very sorry fr the delay since my last update. I've been very busy with the fascinating turn that we have hit. To fill in, three days ago, we installed a vocal apparatus into each of the subjects, set up to read the speech center of the brain. Of course, anticipating the long periods of time it would take to teach language to the subjects, ever since the auditory sensors were installed, we have played endless loops of children's shows and documentaries, in the hope that they would pick up both simple and complex language simultaneously. After the vocal devices were activated, there were hours of static. Endless white noise from the boxes. Then, the other night, suddenly, they each stopped, one by one. The intern on call sent me a notice, and I rushed over. After giving some stimuli to the auditory sensors, they slowly began to send out more controlled sounds. After three or four hours of the controlled noise, we started to lose some hope, we thought it was more of a baby's noises, rather than speech. But when I came in the next day, I greeted the subjects, a habit I got in to months ago. To my shock, subject two responded! Not just noise, but real words! He said, "Hello Dr. Schroder. I am well. How are you today?"

It's amazing! I checked the children's shows we had played, and that night there was a whole episode on greeting people. I guess it took a voice to prompt it to try and learn. Twelve and Twenty are still making noise, but as I've said before, Two is far past their ability.

Two can still only greet people, and occasionally try to answer questions with his limited vocabulary, but I think he understands more than he speaks. We will keep laying the television until he starts to feel confident with his speech. What is most important though is that my point has been proven. We have done more than build a robot here, we have manufactured intelligence. It is not artificial intelligence mind you. This is different. This is biological, this is nature, this is better than nature. We have done here what took billions of years to happen on Earth.

Everything is going to plan.

OOC: For now...

:awesome:

OOC: oho, now that's cool!

OOC: Wait for my next post, that's when the crazy kicks in

IC:

Day 207:

Engineering finished rigging up our torsos at the end of last week, right in time for the rest of the subjects to figure out their vocal sensors. As usual, two picked up his new limbs almost instantly, and has been doing puzzles and playing checkers and rock-paper-scissors with the interns. It really is amazing, he is playful and complacent as a child, and he's terrified of doing something wrong, but at the same time, the endless hours of education in conjunction with a fully formed brain has given him knowledge beyond what he seems to have control over. It's amazing.

In... less enjoyable news, and intern was, of all things, murdered in the lab last night. We have no clue what happened, but he was collapsed over a computer monitor, his neck caved in, and his lungs full of blood. It's ironic really, the cameras were shut down, presumably by someone who broke in, so we had to interrogate the subjects to try and find out what happened. None of them had anything to say. They all said that they saw him collapse over the computer, nothing else. It's very strange indeed, but we must press forward. My hopes of taking the project public by the end of the month are all but crushed, mayber next month, we'll have better luck.

Norwegian Meteorological Forecast

The heat wave that recently passed through the nation is beginning to pass this week as the forecast changes back to more normal, fair, summer temperatures. Even in the far north, temperatures are averaging at the high thirties (Fahrenheit). These fair temperatures should last through the week.

Government Takes Several Steps Towards "Norwegianization"

Now, several week past our reunification, Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg brought forth, and passed a bill to further the unity and solidify the culture of the nation. The bill contains many articles to support and build the nation. Among the articles are listed:

-Official renaming of the capitol to Oslo

-Re-institution of the Monarchy as show of allegiance to the Norwegian Culture

-Unification of shore and land defenses

-Reconstruction of roads, train tracks, and airports

-Spread of cultural institutions

-Spread of unified currency (In the south, many use an old Nordic Currency, while the north uses ADI's gold system)

-Destruction of any old Nordic Monuments

-Influx of capital into the sciences and arts

-Unification and reeducation as to national laws

-Creation of a national Investigative force

-Revitalization of infrastructure

-Tax benefits to anyone who wishes to start a business

The Prime Minister has stated that these articles will aid the nation in overcoming the difficulties of reunifying a culture, and a nation.

Classified: Security Security 12

Day 220:

I'm sorry for the increase in security, but it s a must. There has been a growing issue, last night, another intern was killed, there may be a security leak. One intern, strangle, that is a violent crime, but a second, a second leads me to believe that someone may be working from within to try and show us that we are not gods, that we cannot do what we have been doing. I can't imagine who or why, or even how. Somehow the interns are being killed behind the cameras, whoever is doing this is familiar with our security systems and human anatomy. The first intern was killed by a fracture that punctured an artery and bled directly into his lungs. The second was killed by a bump on the head. A blunt object that hit the exact place, no bigger than the head of a pin, with the exact amount of force to poke a nerve in the brain. And harder, the brain would have rebounded, and lighter, the skull never would have fractured. The precision of the blow would take a normal person surgery or extreme luck to perpetuate, but this was done by a staple remover. We cannot let this go on any further. The final stages of the testing will be done only by myself, underground. I will let myself die long before I let any others die. This will be my last journal entry until the release of the project.

OOC: AKA, I'm making a new thread for the next installment :awesome:

Also, no, this has nothing to do with military, an no matter how much I want to, I will not be building an army of robot super soldiers (The Death rate wouldn't be worth it, 3/20 means a lot of corpses for very few soldiers) This will however, lead into a bit of fun

• 2 weeks later...

Reconstruction and Norwegianization Bills Separated, Pass

Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg's bill to restructure and unify the nation that has undergone some scrutiny as being a step backwards, went under some major rewrites and passed by a margin of one vote earlier today. The Norwegian Conservative Party stated that they put their full support as house leaders behind this measure, stating that "Norway needs to bolster its unity and strength to reach it's rightful place in the world. It's been too long that we were without guidance, but now, we finally have a chance to change that. In out re-write, we pledged money to infrastructure repair, and the spread of our culture through our own lands. We also, in the Norwegianization bill, made sure to note that Harald V be put back in his rightful place as King. We've been criticized as destroying democracy in this nation, but the bill only gives the king limited power, leaving the day to day running of the country to the parliament and the Prime Minister.

Even though the money for the repairs has yet to be gathered and distributed, many firms have begun to repair roadways on an "I owe you" basis.

Norway Releases Apologies For Failed Communications Systems

Exactly one week ago today a reconstruction crew accidentally plowed a large drill into a communications line near the Nordkapp routing station. The accident caused a short in the communications system, heavily damaging several major stations along the coast. After the damage, all unnecessary external communications systems were shut down. We are sorry for any problems caused by this issue, but all systems are now rebuilt and functioning perfectly.

OOC: I'm back and dreading replying to everything that passed by in the last seven days :awesome:

OOC: CNRPH is the latest trend! Join it! :D

(CNRP Heroes. Based off of CNRP ~3-4 days ago, bascially characters and leaders are getting superpowers through differnet ways, giant easter bunny & a magican that makes bunnies, two destory-everything guys, and soon 1/2 a spaceship crashes on hong kong. Oh, and Generalissimo knows things :ph34r:.)

...If your interested :P.

Classified: Security 9

Norway is on military alert, and Defcon has been raised to 3

---Strategic bombers have been placed in the air a precaution

------They are to stay airborne twenty four hours at a time, leaving 30 in the air at a time

---------15 TU95s, 15 Tu-22Ms

-------------All intended for flight in their further patrols, have been armed with chemical balloons, if shot down, they will release their emergency payload, ensuring maximum damage regardless of circumstances (OOC: This is now standard operation procedure, so I will never mention it again)

-------------Each has been armed, along with normal payload, with experimental "Foam" bombs

---9K37 Buk anti-air missiles systems are being activated and stocked for Anti Air use and as supplement to the Stationary Skysweeper AA guns

---Many (100) FH-70 howitzers have been deployed and prepared for shipping

--- 50,000 soldiers have been mobilized to our borders, and put into planes to be dropped on enemy land

---Cruise missiles have been armed to fire

------Standard explosives are being aimed at the outsides of urban areas to eliminate fortifications, and where applicable, block off all bridges, or damns that could make travel easy within the enemy nations

---Wired communication lines are set, and all internal communications have been silenced except for short range calls and access to the public computer network

---Over the Horizon radar stations are being activated nation wide

--- 1000 tanks have been mobilized

Norwegian Meteorological Forecast

There is a major storm forming over Oslo today that has the potential to bring torrential snowfall, heavy wind, and white out conditions. The storm should clear up by the end of the week, but until then, we recommend you move to the nearest bunker or basement. The storm may also trap politicians in their homes, likely canceling any parliament meetings.

Classified: Security 3

Announcement to ADI Employees

As of this moment, a new sector is being formed under direct orders of the Prime Minister. Any volunteers must hold knowledge of aerodynamics, engineering, and have experience with rocketry. This group will be dedicated to building and operation of a rocket that will leave the planet, and land on the moon. Though hardly a first, the Prime Minister feels it will help to bolster national unity, and help in solidifying our place in the world. ADI will be heading up the production, and the Armed Services will put forth astronauts and materials.

All volunteers are to report to their supervisors immediately.

OOC: Bought my Space Program the other day :awesome:

EDIT: To clarify, Security five and lower is visible to MDP partners IC