The Pacific

LeVentNoir

Glorious Aotearoa was expanding. It was a popular movement, almost seen as manifest destiny, the absorbed islanders rejoicing in their newfound elevation.

A plan was nearing completion. The Pacific Plan. The objectives were defined. Control current main lands, and add in all anarchistic lands in polynesia.

Map_OC-Polynesia.PNG

A massive airlift operation was commenced. Diplomats and soldiers moved to all the islands in Polynesia avoiding Hawaii, as it was Tahoan, and French Polynesia (Marchar) as it too was a sovereign nation.

Reception went well at most sites however several communes ignored the obvious advantages of being annexed and fought back, often to the utter death. The far superior weapons of the GAA easily overcame anarchistic militia with bolt action rifles.

It only took a few days, and soon the people were being moved from their old homes to the main lands of Aotearoa and the lager islands closer to it. The new possessions would only be used from primary sector gathering operations. The farms were set up to grow naturally with no interference needed, just seasonal gathering parties.

However, defenses were going to be extended to these new waters, and a escapist tourist industry catering to people wishing to leave the dense, uniform Aotearoan cities.

Also, with the increase in EEZ, fishing and sea mining was able to be increased but over a larger area so the density would decrease.

Edited by LeVentNoir

The absorption of the island was going well, with those passively resisting being passively persuaded to integrate, via dumping them on a deserted island with a sat phone for when they wanted to change their minds.

The expansion of the defense network was progressing well, with multiple redundant shielded hardwire cables connecting each node to BattleNet with parallel data links.

With such a wide new area to power, satellite based arrays of 50% efficient solar cell arrays have been launched to collect sunlight and use microwave transmission techniques (able to operate at high and low frequencies) to beam the power to earth, where it is converted back into electricity, enabling power to be received wherever a receiving antenna can be set up.

Edited by LeVentNoir

Annihilation can only look upon Glorious Aotearoa's expansion as a good, no, great move for both GA and the pacific as a whole. We congratulate you and hope that this expansion will help strengthen our ties, between the two countries, and the whole of the pacific, in all areas of development.

OOC: I may have just repeated myself then.. Owel.

OOC: only slightly?

OOC: I use the term slightly because I don't know the exact figures...

And BTW, are you going to post in Mercy's "Red Dawn" thread any time soon? I made a post there you could reply to...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

The Imperium of America is pleased to see such a stable nation extend its' prosperity over the Pacific, a long needed task.

OOC: For Solar-Cells; IIRC don't modern-day have an efficiency of around 25%?

OOC: Depends. I'm studying electrical engineering, and my semiconductor course lecturer told us about 4 junction cells with a theoretical max efficiency of 52%.

Also, space based cells today are 30-40% efficient.

@Subtle. 4500.

IC: Glorious Aotearoa thanks those nations which have expressed their congratulations. So far the programs which make up our plans and schedules are going well.

OOC: Depends. I'm studying electrical engineering, and my semiconductor course lecturer told us about 4 junction cells with a theoretical max efficiency of 52%.

Also, space based cells today are 30-40% efficient.

@Subtle. 4500.

OOC: Ah, thanks. Not sure what year that puts you at, but it's at least ten years in the future, iirc.