Dragonisia contacts Western Republic about waste disposal.

Maelstrom Vortex

Dear Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Western Republic,

We have a keen interest in disposing of some of the radioactive contamination we have begun collecting from Bob's global hot spots in relations to our assisted clean-up efforts with partner nations. A hole in the deep Saharan desert seems like the most logical and feasible location to dispose of this junk in a way that the world would not have to see it in a few million years. There's no major seismic, volcanoic, or other activity which may cause the ground to return the filth into the environment. That said, we wish to propose that you allow us to put this irradiated soil into coffins and dump them into a very deep hole there. We of course, would pay for this, making the Sahara.. 'profitable' in ways it historically probably was not.

What do you think of our proposal?

Tom Clark,

Minister of Foreign Affairs

OOC: Fun fact: Sandstorms.

Sand from the Sahara can also be blown over the atlantic ocean, into the Americas. Over a goddamned ocean!

Shoot the radioactive waste into space or into antarctica maybe.

OOC: Do realize that parts of Antarctica often shifts toward the ocean, and the amount of ice/snow changes a lot during a year.

ooc: Sandstorms that are 500 feet deep? :-P We're not talking a shallow hole here!

OOC: Eventually those sand storms will wear down the sand covering the radiation, and yeah, you get the point. Unless if you have trucks full of sand coming in every day or so to replenish the sand.

OOC: Do realize that parts of Antarctica often shifts toward the ocean, and the amount of ice/snow changes a lot during a year.

OOC: Yeah, I kinda forgot that. Also, there's probably some life still there, under the ice, so killing it wouldn't be good. Siberian tundra maybe or just a huge salt mine.

OOC: Eventually those sand storms will wear down the sand covering the radiation, and yeah, you get the point. Unless if you have trucks full of sand coming in every day or so to replenish the sand.

OOC: Not to forget that with the great amounts of radioactive material he's planning to send there, the sand will be irradiated. And if it's blown elsewhere after that..Well, no fun. I think the least dangerous method really is shooting it into space.

Or maybe a canadian island or two. lol. Several are completely uninhabited, and there's enough islands for all wildlife up there.

OOC: Not to forget that with the great amounts of radioactive material he's planning to send there, the sand will be irradiated. And if it's blown elsewhere after that..Well, no fun. I think the least dangerous method really is shooting it into space.

OOC: that's probably the most feasable idea, what with the space elvator and all... :ehm:

ooc: Go ask a geologist how long it would take to blow away a 500 foot layer of sand, topsoil, etc.. through natural errosion in the Sahara. When you have the answer.. you will not need to respond, but you may if you want to. The answer of "Doh!" will suffice nicely.

ic: With the clearance granted, the first canisters for the dumping had not yet even been filled. The stripper tanks were just arriving at their transit points in Rebel Army and the other regions which had agreed to the cleansing process.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

OOC: Shooting it into space wouldnt help with it being expensive and the fatc that you just add more debris that will ring Earth. Honestly has no one watched the anime Planetes.

OOC: If you shoot it with enough momentum...it wiill simply go away--as in, continue to move away. Duh...:P

OOC: Yes but imagine the fuel/power needed to perform said operation.

OOC: the cost is minimal compared to the benefit of no longer having that material on Earth...and I reiterate--we of CNRP have the use of the Space Elevator and the station it connects to (The Equatorial Star), remember?

OOC: the cost is minimal compared to the benefit of no longer having that material on Earth...and I reiterate--we of CNRP have the use of the Space Elevator and the station it connects to (The Equatorial Star), remember?

OOC: yes but what force is need to overcome Earth's gravitational pull and how much would it cost to propell objects at that speed?

OOC: yes but what force is need to overcome Earth's gravitational pull and how much would it cost to propell objects at that speed?

OOC: How should I know? I'm not a rocket scientist... :P

All I know is it would be a lot less if you started the propulsion from the space station...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: How should I know? I'm not a rocket scientist... :P

All I know is it would be a lot less if you started the propulsion from the space station...

OOC: True as you wouldn't have to break through the atmosphere however, I still think the station would need some changes to it before it can be sued to rid Earth of Debris also where is this elevator again?

OOC: True as you wouldn't have to break through the atmosphere however, I still think the station would need some changes to it before it can be sued to rid Earth of Debris also where is this elevator again?

OOC: On an island, I believe, on territory belonging to the Western Republic.

EDIT: And as the name implies, it's on the equator.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder