All great empires fall......

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...lets see.

First off, GATO will definitely be here because they just don't give up or fade away. NPO...I can see them here and not here. All depends on how the political world is as new CNer's pop up and such. IRON...don't know. Maybe GOONS or \m/ will come back and bring some life to this place.

OOC: 5 years=2014? Why, we'll all be dead by 2012 so it won't matter ;)

IC: I really don't think this game will last that long. And almost no one will remain, I mean 5 years to be playing a game is an awfully long time, only a few squeaked by 3 years already.

I believe CN will still be around. All those who are to young to be interested in this game 10-15 (for the most part) will have matured and be in prime range as leaders and followers. Most of the people in power today will be just a memory and i would surprised to find more than 1 or 2 alliances that are sanctioned today be sanctioned or close to sanction. Alliances like NPO, Iron and such will most likely fall either because of politics or their leadership leaving and inept people gaining power. Simply put the CN world will be lead by those who don't even remember some of the most influential people today.

I believe CN will still be around. All those who are to young to be interested in this game 10-15 (for the most part) will have matured and be in prime range as leaders and followers. Most of the people in power today will be just a memory and i would surprised to find more than 1 or 2 alliances that are sanctioned today be sanctioned or close to sanction. Alliances like NPO, Iron and such will most likely fall either because of politics or their leadership leaving and inept people gaining power. Simply put the CN world will be lead by those who don't even remember some of the most influential people today.

That's actually kinda scary to think about.

You may have heard the saying that all great empires fall. Well I believe the same happens in CN. Ive noticed there have been alot of big alliances since CN has been in exsistence but they have all disbanded or merged with another for one reason or another. How do you think CN will look in five years, alliance wise. Will there still be a NPO, IRON, GDA, GATO, NATO, etc? What do you think will happen do all the great alliances we know today?

im surprised more names of alliances weren't added to this list.

and for my two cents. NPO and GATO, and several other alliances in this game, have been around for most of this games existance, and are still around today, so your statement of

they have all disbanded or merged with another

may be somewhat inaccurate.

otherwise, on point, CN in 5 years, may have the same political structure as it does now, but i can assure you, that the way we conduct ourselves, and the way politics is played out will have changed greatly, since i joined this game(ooc. my nations before this one) i have seen the politics of this game change, although some of the major power in it have died, some have also remained as powerful and had great success. so its really up in the air i guess.

I think it comes down to what Sponge said a few weeks back on AirMe's show (a plethora of wisdom is to be found there). Once people stop being lazy and have a little ingenuity things will change. The only reason many of the same old alliances which exist today are still around is because nobody has thought of a new way to take them down. You can't use the same old failed methods to take down an alliance which has already beat them and have built an immunity to them. So far for instance Vox Populi has created an attack base built around intelligence gathering and dissemenation. Due to the information being made readily available it creates an even larger base of support which in turn opens up access to more intelligence.

Obviously there are many other methods and tactics which can be employed and although we've not seen them yet they exist. For instance, Gramlins who can survive in a nuclear holocaust for many months creates another tactic which is unbeatable. It becomes unprofitable to attack them and in a war of attrition theory will have the ability to create untold amounts of damage months after the onset of the war. Coupled with a besieged mentality and the years of effort put into nation building they will most certainly emerge victorious in any and all military confrontations.

Ofcourse considering the game mechanics are limited political ingenuity must also be employed.

That's actually kinda scary to think about.

Its rather accurate compared to RL history. I doubt very many people could name the top 5 most influential people in 1823 and even here i doubt many could name the leaders of the main alliances in GW 1 and that wasn't even 5 years ago.

Edited by anenu

I dont think Bob will come to a end but if everyone is on red or in NATO or something a reset would be nice.

If there's a reset, what keeps everyone from just choosing Red again? Better to get rid of Red altogether in that case.

I think we will see a .v3 Edition of CN by then. As for some of the leaders? I think most of them will be here in some capacity. But I doubt they will be as active as RL will probably take their toll. Understand that many of your top-tier leaders are anywhere from their mid-late 20's to their 40's. Eventually, family affairs and other RL oddities will take precedence. Now, I see some of the new generation of leaders coming from their Alliance's military as the new rulers come 2014. Others, like Sam, will be hardcore techies who will still run, or at least be major players in, their Alliances.

But, I think Kevin will probably create a situation where you can add and build cities within your nation. Where the nation growth will be more in-depth than it is now. More realistic population and situations will arise. I think what !@#$%* does with CN in the next 12 months will tell the tale for the next five years.

If things go the way it is, in a few years FAN will be sanction again with Vox populi probably being a stable medium sized alliance on Yellow/Red negotiating treaties with new red alliances. That and GATO will still be there like kerschbs said, but probably under another name, like QATO or something, and black team will be rolling in #1 stats.