[CNRP] Lord Solidor in Critical Condition

Ranather

OOC: Had to come up with some IC reason for Larsa's conspicuous absense, and mine too. :P

IC:

Brisbane, Hanseatic Commonwealth

Today, members of the medical staff of Lord Larsa Solidor made an announcement regarding the health of Marschall Solidor.

"Lord Solidor appears to have contracted some form of Bacterial Meningitis, the root cause appearing to be the presence of S. pneumoniae bacterial infection, the same that also is known to cause acute sinusitis, otitis media, and endocarditis, among other things.

Because we were able to diagnose and begin treatment quickly, the chances of his survival have greatly increased. However, because of the copious lack of adequate medical facilities here, it is imperative that Lord Solidor be quickly moved to a better equipped location, hopefully one fairly nearby."

Solidor's current specific condition and location are being kept highly classified for the security of the Officer.

Edited by Ranather

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada would gladly help Lord Solidor. We could immediately send a plane equipped with medical equipment and a doctor as well as some nurses to bring Mr. Solidor to Canada, where he could get full treatment.

OOC: :awesome:

Promised Land views this avenue as the best for Lord Solidor. Canada is, after all, one of the most advanced nations in the world.

Canada would gladly help Lord Solidor. We could immediately send a plane equipped with medical equipment and a doctor as well as some nurses to bring Mr. Solidor to Canada, where he could get full treatment.

OOC: :awesome:

The family and his staff have found this suitable, we'll do our best to keep him stable in the meantime.

The family and his staff have found this suitable, we'll do our best to keep him stable in the meantime.

The plane is being prepared and will arrive within the next 24 hours. Faster isn't possible, unfortunately, as teleportation technology hasn't been invented yet and we must utilize normal jet engines.

OOC: Big distance is big.

The plane is being prepared and will arrive within the next 24 hours. Faster isn't possible, unfortunately, as teleportation technology hasn't been invented yet and we must utilize normal jet engines.

OOC: Big distance is big.

We understand this, of course, and we can keep him up for that time.

We understand this, of course, and we can keep him up for that time.

Thanks you.

Once Mr. Solidor is in the care of our doctors, they'll do whatever they can to get him back onto his feet and cured.

Edited by Lynneth

OOC: ARGH!!! Why can't I ever be awake when these things happen...God damn music class and naps!

(IC)

There were few pains Sarah had felt in her life that were worse than this, bullet wounds, the cold, though the nuclear explosion might have been worse it was hard to tell for this had hit so close to home. It had barely been a year since Larsa had happily married her in Brisbane, under a beautiful blue sky and now it seemed like nothing but gray clouds were ahead for the young Lady Protector.

Only a few days ago, Sarah had woken up to the sounds of hoarse coughing on the other side of her bed. There she sat by Larsa' side for two hours as the maids brought everything they could for him in the attempts to quell his fever, but the fever continued to get worse. Larsa had been sick for a few days now, however Sarah and the rest of their servants had only thought it a minor fever or perhaps the flu at worst. But when Larsa had stood up to try and go walk around, regain some of his energy, another coughing spasm overcame his as he collapsed onto the floor, a small stream of blood escaping from his mouth.

"Larsa! Oh my God!" Sarah screamed throwing the covers aside as she jumped off the bed and ran quickly to his side. "Hurry call for an ambulance." The medical team had arrived quickly and carried him away to the hospital while she kept a death grip on his arm, fearful of losing the one person that had given her the strength to continue this whole time.

However, the fact that Hanseatic medical technology was not up to the world's standards there was no way around it and when the Canadians had arrived to offer their hands in aid, Sarah had no other choice but to say yes. She was ashamed as a leader and as a wife to have give up her husband to strangers, but it might be the only way that he could have been saved. Even more nerve racking was the fact that she would not be able to travel with him, when her ministers had said this she had cried for a great deal of time, but that was the penalty of being a head of state and with the annexation of Microneisa and the coast of Othello, the state could not afford her absence at the present.

So there she sat on the mattress where she and Larsa slept every night, her eyes like crystal pools, dripping slowly on the picture she held tightly in her hands. Their wedding photo. Clawing at the covers she screamed, screamed so that everyone in the manor could hear her, share her pain, for it felt that she didn't have the strength to contain it all herself.

OOC: ARGH!!! Why can't I ever be awake when these things happen...God damn music class and naps!

(IC)

There were few pains Sarah had felt in her life that were worse than this, bullet wounds, the cold, though the nuclear explosion might have been worse it was hard to tell for this had hit so close to home. It had barely been a year since Larsa had happily married her in Brisbane, under a beautiful blue sky and now it seemed like nothing but gray clouds were ahead for the young Lady Protector.

Only a few days ago, Sarah had woken up to the sounds of hoarse coughing on the other side of her bed. There she sat by Larsa' side for two hours as the maids brought everything they could for him in the attempts to quell his fever, but the fever continued to get worse. Larsa had been sick for a few days now, however Sarah and the rest of their servants had only thought it a minor fever or perhaps the flu at worst. But when Larsa had stood up to try and go walk around, regain some of his energy, another coughing spasm overcame his as he collapsed onto the floor, a small stream of blood escaping from his mouth.

"Larsa! Oh my God!" Sarah screamed throwing the covers aside as she jumped off the bed and ran quickly to his side. "Hurry call for an ambulance." The medical team had arrived quickly and carried him away to the hospital while she kept a death grip on his arm, fearful of losing the one person that had given her the strength to continue this whole time.

However, the fact that Hanseatic medical technology was not up to the world's standards there was no way around it and when the Canadians had arrived to offer their hands in aid, Sarah had no other choice but to say yes. She was ashamed as a leader and as a wife to have give up her husband to strangers, but it might be the only way that he could have been saved. Even more nerve racking was the fact that she would not be able to travel with him, when her ministers had said this she had cried for a great deal of time, but that was the penalty of being a head of state and with the annexation of Microneisa and the coast of Othello, the state could not afford her absence at the present.

So there she sat on the mattress where she and Larsa slept every night, her eyes like crystal pools, dripping slowly on the picture she held tightly in her hands. Their wedding photo. Clawing at the covers she screamed, screamed so that everyone in the manor could hear her, share her pain, for it felt that she didn't have the strength to contain it all herself.

Soon, a small package would arrive to the residence. After it had been thouroughly inspected and deemed safe, Sarah would be allowed to open it. Inside, was a signature Silver Rose and a piece of Papyrus Parchment.

"Lady Protector Sarah Tintagyl-Solidor, Duchess of Franzharia, Most Esteemed Kinsman of the Great House Rukia,

Know that my deepest feeling and sympathies are with you in this time of need, and that the Lord Prince sends his regards and wishes for a speedy recovery of the Lord Solidor. I have also been authorized by his August Majesty to offer any such aid and comfort as required by your person."

Office of the Prime Minister of the Principality of Namibe

By Authoriation of His August Majesty

Lord-Prince Ranather von Duscherer Rukia, Arch-Duke of Franzharia, Most Esteemed Lord Patriarch of the Great House Rukia

The medical plane finally arrived roughly 17 hours after Canada had offered to treat Solidor, and the man was quickly brought into it. However, it was filled with medical equipment and staff, leaving barely enough space for the pilot, copilot and some other crewmen. As such, the House Guard would have to find some other way to travel to Canada where they would, unfortunately, be subject to standard security searches, et cetera.

Larsa Solidor was the emergency patient, not the guards. And the Canadians had one of the most secure countries in the world - especially because a team of BNops, the Canadian SpecOps, had secretly been assigned to protect Solidor - which should in theory not make it necessary for the entire House Guard to leave Larsa's wife.

OOC: The entire house guard seems a bit much. 2-6 people I could understand. But all of them? O lawd.

Edited by Lynneth

OOC: Can you blame their fanaticism,? They were provided a home by this man and his wife, after all.

OOC: No, not really, but the whole unit, and I am presuming it is a decently sized one, I mean seriously. She still has a crazy guy named Hok obsessed with gutting her and stringing her up in the twon square, remember? Lol.

Her Ladyship still has the entire Keeper's Service at her disposal, as well as several other Marchar defense programs. As well, the Guard serve primarily as a Quick Reaction Force within hostile territory/the unit which defends the Lady as she travels through hot-zones. Excellent soldiers, but soldiers none the less. She shall be no less safe; indeed, we have already moved more protection into her home and several government offices. The Marchar will die before she does.

-Keeper, Luis De Luit.

Lady Protector Sarah Tintagyl-Solidor, Duchess of Franzharia, Most Esteemed Kinsman of the Great House Rukia,

Know that my deepest feeling and sympathies are with you in this time of need, and that the Lord Prince sends his regards and wishes for a speedy recovery of the Lord Solidor. I have also been authorized by his August Majesty to offer any such aid and comfort as required by your person."

Office of the Prime Minister of the Principality of Namibe

By Authoriation of His August Majesty

Lord-Prince Ranather von Duscherer Rukia, Arch-Duke of Franzharia, Most Esteemed Lord Patriarch of the Great House Rukia

To Your Most Esteemed Excellency,

My Lord, I am ever thankful for your friendship. My husband's disease weighs extremely heavy on my heart and I pray every night and every morning in hoping that he is okay. I would never ask you to leave your place to leave your current duties of state, all I would ask is for you to pray for Larsa's speed recovery. However, if you do find time to adjust your schedule I would always be welcomed to see you in Brisbane for perhaps lunch, dinner, or night at the symphony as my guest.

I wish you well Lord Ranather in all your present and future endeavors.

With Care,

Sarah Tintagyl

"We have medical facilities closer than in Canada - perhaps he should be re-routed to the Western Republic."

"Isn't the Western Republic similarly far away from Australia as Canada?

That said, the plane is already on the way to Ferinh, and Mr. Solidor is already in the care of some of our best doctors and nurses, as the plane that was sent is basically a flying hospital."

Transporting Lord Solidor would be detrimental to his health. He needs a beta-lactam antibiotics in coordination with another, simpler antibiotic such as tetracycline, all of which can and should be provided without travel, especially long distance which causes stress and weakens the immune system, which needs to be operating at 100%.

We would normally suggest he be transported to Tahoe, so doctors who actually know what they are doing may treat him and not take the dangerous step of transporting intercontinentally, which show a dangerous malpractice,, but that would be counter to our previous diagnoses, so we once again strongly suggest he stay in Brisbane.

OOC: Don't mess with me when it comes to medicine :P

Transporting Lord Solidor would be detrimental to his health. He needs a beta-lactam antibiotics in coordination with another, simpler antibiotic such as tetracycline, all of which can and should be provided without travel, especially long distance which causes stress and weakens the immune system, which needs to be operating at 100%.

We would normally suggest he be transported to Tahoe, so doctors who actually know what they are doing may treat him and not take the dangerous step of transporting intercontinentally, which show a dangerous malpractice,, but that would be counter to our previous diagnoses, so we once again strongly suggest he stay in Brisbane.

OOC: Don't mess with me when it comes to medicine :P

While we certainly respect the soundness of the advice, we are certain that such drugs simply aren't available here in Brisbane and trying to get them through customs would take time that we simply do not have.

"Isn't the Western Republic similarly far away from Australia as Canada?

That said, the plane is already on the way to Ferinh, and Mr. Solidor is already in the care of some of our best doctors and nurses, as the plane that was sent is basically a flying hospital."

"A plane sent to a Pacific island would get him faster treatment than a plane sent from Canada all the way down and then flown all the way back.

In any case, good luck."