Official IRON Announcement

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not what I meant.

VE has time and time again used these forums as a method of showing us their principles, with examples such as the ZIPP. Gramlins is another good example. NPO too.

IRON is not. It's that simple.

We don't really like the OWF too much. Most IRON members just avoid it altogether. Trolling and a lack of reason has taken over the OWF in many, many threads....so its just not worth it wasting our breath (text I guess :P) coming out of the woodwork to post here. Announcements are satisfactory.

EDIT: Also, see Coursca's post below. :P

Edited by delgursh

And what principles are those? IRON's PR machine isn't quite good at actually telling us anything.

Augh, you made me get off my comfy chair again. <_<

Actually, you do raise an interesting policy point which I'll address from my own experience.

My response to you is that IRON does a lot of its work behind the scenes and doesn't see the need to be the trumpet of its own virtues. This is how I played things as Secretary of State and this seems to be a lesson that was carried on after my retirement.

That's not what I meant.

VE has time and time again used these forums as a method of showing us their principles, with examples such as the ZIPP. Gramlins is another good example. NPO too.

IRON is not like that, but that should not suggest that they do not have principles.

Those that truly know IRON have learned to respect them for that which is beyond the surface.

Gotta love people looking at this objectively. VE themselves admit that IRON, NOT VE, canceled this treaty. Can't blame IRON for being mad that VE made it look like THEY canceled it. Somehow they managed to do that even while admitting otherwise. And everyone seems to have eaten it up.

-Bama

I hate agreeing with Bama, but the man speaks the truth. Good luck in the future to both IRON and VE in their endeavors.

IRON is not like that, but that should not suggest that they do not have principles.

Those that truly know IRON have learned to respect them for that which is beyond the surface.

Thank you for your kind words, Bodvar. You stated that more eloquently than I could.

That's not what I meant.

To be honest we really just don't consider the OWF an important place which we need to really invest time into. IRON operates as it does for the benefit of its own members its friends and its allies. The entertainment of people who hang out here is therefor of little concern. We don't feel its necessary to tout and wave our accomplishments to gain anyone's favor here. Nor do we really care about the complaints or inquiries made here into our affairs. If other alliances believe that to be important they are of course free to spend as much time as they like here as many do, but we prefer to let this place be what it is and only spend time here when its necessary. Being modest in our activity here has served us well in the past by keeping us out of the cross hairs of trolls and generally promoted a classy perception around us. In short we prefer to let our actions speak for themselves; we try to do whats honorable and consistent with the agreements we hold as well as do whats in the best interest of our members. If people want to question our commitment to these things and question our integrity they may, but really its not something we are going to take too seriously. Moreover its not like we could really convince you to love us aros, you already have your mind fairly set, to bicker on this would do nothing but just generate bad feelings.

Edited by iamthey

What's the point of announce this again? Really, just to show that IRON knows how do topics too? Because VE said in their topic that IRON was who canceled it, but looks like IRON isn't happy:

We wish them well. We would like to thank VE for attempting to shorten our to do list but we feel compelled to confirm the cancellation on our side. Best of luck.

Couldn't IRON just post in VE topic confirming it?

Sorry but it's look childish. -_-

What's the point of announce this again? Really, just to show that IRON knows how do topics too? Because VE said in their topic that IRON was who canceled it, but looks like IRON isn't happy:

Hey, if they wish to give the world a place to question their actions, why try and talk them out of it?

We wish them well. We would like to thank VE for attempting to shorten our to do list but we feel compelled to confirm the cancellation on our side. Best of luck.

It's disheartening to see that something as huge as canceling a major treaty with someone you say is a great ally is on a to-do list. Not to mention making a jab like this to said former ally. Very sad to see relationships coming to this these days.

EDIT: ..regardless as to their intentions, these are my simple observations. May everyone continue on making their own 2 cent comment, sad but necessary, etc etc.

Edited by Wickistan

Despite popular belief this was IRON's cancellation to make not VE's. I think you could have more fun speculating on VE's motives for posting for us without informing us. we will conduct our affairs objectively regardless of whether or not another alliance wants to spin them a little for their own benefits.

If this thread is such an eye sore go forth and hail in VE's.

It's disheartening to see that something as huge as canceling a major treaty with someone you say is a great ally is on a to-do list. Not to mention making a jab like this to said former ally. Very sad to see relationships coming to this these days.

Oh the hypocrisy!

Edited by MCRABT

Despite popular belief this was IRON's cancellation to make not VE's. I think you could have more fun speculating on VE's motives for posting for us without informing us. we will conduct our affairs objectively regardless of whether or not another alliance wants to spin them a little for their own benefits.

If this thread is such an eye sore go forth and hail in VE's.

VE's purpose was the announcing of 3 treaty cancellations, two of which were their own doing. They admitted as much, even. Where's the spin in that?