White Cross Voting Forums

Sarah Tintagyl

Promised Land has always been one of the White Cross's greatest supporters, however I as you not to end military personnel or military arms to the Procintian government, that is strictly against regulations. Our deepest concern is, yes to restore nations to their former glory before destruction, but this also requires us to install their ideas of a world at peace in their hearts and will military arms being sent, the nation that they could attack, it would have dire results for our organization. Therefore, I must respectfully ask you to cease from sending any aid concerning the military.

You misunderstand our intentions. the ocean around them is filled with mines--their land is riddled with radiation and booby-traps. The military would not be to force anyone to do anything, but be rather a necessary form of protection for aid workers.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You misunderstand our intentions. the ocean around them is filled with mines--their land is riddled with radiation and booby-traps. The military would not be to force anyone to do anything, but be rather a necessary form of protection for aid workers.

Ah, well that we can understand, I indeed misinterpreted what you mean and in that case Promised Land is more than welcomed to send military personnel to act as a protection force for our workers. The Hansa will send some contingent of troops as well, though I will say this to all nations, that this is not required of you, only a special circumstance.

Procinctia wasn’t really nuked, per se, our small island was merely carpet bombed for several days with (relatively) low-radiation bunker busters. Saint Paul Island is mostly uninhabitable not from radiation as commonly believed but from petroleum contamination from a near month of constant napalm drops and the destruction of Saint Paul City’s oil refineries combined with additional ambient contamination from industrial pollution from the destruction of our industry. The seas immediately north of St. Paul still burn as what little remains of the oil reserves leak into Bering might also have something to do with it.

Not that any of this is a problem, we’re doing just fine really.

Any hypothetical Procinctian reconstruction would also have to overcome what could only be considered a deathtrap. The Republic of War was kind enough to leave behind automated gun turrets that will target anything larger than a cat. Landmines are prolific, especially nasty are the RoW proximity mines, especially hindering travel are the magnetic mines carpeting any potential helicopter or aircraft landing site. Just getting to the island would be unpleasant with the unprecedented quantity of naval mines and the burning sea north of the island.

Procinctia hasn’t requested aid yet, nor do we really think we need it, I’m sure this will just work itself out. . . somehow. Let’s say we did need help, how does anyone suggest we receive it?

Edited by Generalissimo

Oh, and the depleted uranium, you might want to look into that. I don’t know for sure the health concerns, but the Republic of War put enough into Saint Paul for Procinctia to export the stuff.

However bad things might look topside, we’ve reached a level of survivability. . . er . . . [pause] sustainability to continue to maintain our nation.

The burning seas can be put out with effort, the mines in them can be dealt with with minesweepers, and HAZMAT suits will protect from hazerdous materials and radiation. Once we can actually reach the land, that is where our military forces will come into play. Few booby traps iare undetectable, so long as one is forewarned of them.

Yes, we realize it will be a loing and dangerous process...but it CAN be done!

And should be done. Generalissimo, we realize your people have reached a level of--sustainability, as you put it, but that is not enough. No one should be forced to live under the conditions your people have to.

Now, I believe the proposal has met with a more than adequate number of approving votes. Shall we set forward with it? First we must clear the seas surrounding Proctinctia of their dangers.

OOC: Cue new thread if it hasnt already been created.

The Brisbane Convention Hall of the White Cross was abuzz. With word given from the United Kingdom of Byzantium, it was now time to begin to help the world once again and the time could not be more desperate. With Nordic advances pushing into Slavorussia and the Slavorussian army putting up strong defenses it was predicted by Hanseatic officials that causalities could be astronomical. Indeed this was the first test of the White Cross in the field of fire and for something like this, the Lady Protector herself would address the countries that would stand by her once again to bring peace to the world.

Walking briskly into the Convention Hall, Sarah's eyes were focused on the foreign diplomats and ambassadors around her and as she mounted the podium, she rubbed her eyes keeping her contacts in place and cleared her throat.

280jfy8.jpg

Your Excellencies,

The world is in peril once again and the chance of civilian causalities on both sides is extremely real. Until this point, we have dealt with terrorism, the clean up of nuclear strikes, and relieving suffering around our planet. But now a greater beast faces us and this beast is in the guise of war and destruction. All ready, Tahoe and Viniland have begun to send aid and the Hansa has begun to accept refugees and it is time for the White Cross to involve itself in these affairs. I have just received word from the Byzantine government that the White Cross will be allowed to begin setting up base near the borders of the effected area. Even before the fighting ceases we will be deploying doctors, nurses, to civilians effected by this hideous war. We cannot change history, but we can add to the outcome, an outcome of life and that is more important than any victory or defeat that our nations can understand. We are all brothers and sisters of the human race and one day we will end suffering!

In front of you, I pass an emergency referendum for immediately deployment to Byzantium, please vote with your hearts.

The Byzantine Deployment Referendum

Aye: 5

Nay: 0

Abstain: 0

(10% Aid from Artemis Industries)

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

Artemis Global Security has altered our form of agreement. Instead of a standard contribution, instead we will donate 10% of all profits from all of our contracts to the White Cross. We will not vote on where our money is sent, we trust you to distribute it wisely.

Nation: Republic of Carthage

Issue: Internal strife, Civil War is continuing to damage national infrastructure, national treasury is nearly dry and we request some financial aid, modern training and arming of the army and/or raw material to rebuild.

Tha Atlantian Federation proposes that all voluteers in a warzone situation be armed, to allow them to defend themselves, should a hostile force decide to harm them or take them prisoner.

No, all White Cross personnel are regarded as non-combatants and there should be no reason for a combatant country to harm medics and repair personnel unless they desire severe backlash from the world community. Workers understand the risks that they are taking in entering these hot spots, as most White Cross operations have been led by either Hanseatic military officers or Promised Land military personnel. If we begin to arm our workers we will begin to dangerous road to becoming more than an aid establishment, but a power-organization on the world stage. The Hansa will not approve of this reform.

Very well, we may conduct such a vote on a Director of the White Cross. I would like all countries that are involved in the White Cross organization to nominate a nation and their leader to become Director of our organization. However only three countries will be voted for in the end, the nomination process will take place immediately and no country may nominate themselves. If this is a problem, I will be more than happy to reform this voting system, but I think it will keep from every country nominating themselves as stalemate ensuing.

I personally will nominate Promised Land to hold the title.

Countries Nominated

-Promised Land