Congratulations NPO!

Swiper

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because extorting tech is such a daunting task.

The majority of NPO's tech comes from peaceful means, not inter-alliance wars, and of course they don't allow tech raiding. Get your facts straight first before making comments like that.

No, I am pretty sure that free tech is standard surrender terms. If that is what you meant.

However, that begs the question of whether or not it should be. Especially considering it is always the alliance that was attacked, or defending it's ally from aggression, that has to pay such unreasonable reparations. Just my humble opinion though.

The holders or the makers of the status quo saying that something that is the status quo is OK is hardly an endorsement made without bias, as statements go that one was full of a grand type of logic. Just as a random example, wolfpack I believe got stomped by about 10 times its strength and had to pay reps afterwards, considering their strength level (2million down to 600k during that war I believe) it was nothing short of extortion.

That being said I don't think its only a small amount, most tech will be through natural means or tech deals and as a further note CN is an evolutionary game, when the Gremlins came out with the codex it set a fairly good example of what AA's should and should not accept as surrender terms. I suspect we'll see less people accepting extortionary surrender terms in future and thats not a reference to the NPO but to any AA. I don't think any sanctioned AA has not participated in it though I may be wrong.

Edited by cowen70

The holders or the makers of the status quo saying that something that is the status quo is OK is hardly an endorsement made without bias, as statements go that one was full of a grand type of logic. Just as a random example, wolfpack I believe got stomped by about 10 times its strength and had to pay reps afterwards, considering their strength level (2million down to 600k during that war I believe) it was nothing short of extortion.

That being said I don't think its only a small amount, most tech will be through natural means or tech deals and as a further note CN is an evolutionary game, when the Gremlins came out with the codex it set a fairly good example of what AA's should and should not accept as surrender terms. I suspect we'll see less people accepting extortionary surrender terms in future and thats not a reference to the NPO but to any AA. I don't think any sanctioned AA has not participated in it though I may be wrong.

You are correct (and i still see the WP war as one of the biggest injustices this game has seen).

Im not sure, but i tend to see the MHA handing out white peace rather than forcing tech out of alliances.