My Statement

Bob

The added commentary that Athens would not have any interest in what we view as pure cyber-bullying without being allied to the Mushroom Kingdom was especially insulting as Athens has never and will never base her morals on whether or not they could cause us harm. This was added lulz since MK is our 4th largest ally in score. Sparta, GR, and DE will cry when they are made aware of this if they don't already know. :P

I think my dislike of extortionists is fairly well-known by now, particularly ones who reference their stockpiles of nuclear weapons, but I think I'll make my approval of this statement from rsox clear here.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nation of Pigro will contribute 3 million dollars every 10 days in an effort to help defray the cost of Beta Site's pledge until the 60 million dollar mark is met.

I thank you for the offer, and I would also like to thank Blacky and Medraut for their support as well.

If I'd have known Flinders at all, I'd have let him assume our AA and see what GRAN does about it.

Amazingly enough, we are kind of partial to nukes as well.

And while we do have plenty of allies, I don't think they'd be required for the likes of such bullys.

If I'd have known Flinders at all, I'd have let him assume our AA and see what GRAN does about it.

Amazingly enough, we are kind of partial to nukes as well.

And while we do have plenty of allies, I don't think they'd be required for the likes of such bullys.

I was waiting for flinders to tell me how his talks went the other night before I was getting involved. :(

Bob, you beat me to this.

lolGRAN

I didn't know Flinders even existed until that thread and I don't think Bob did either. If GRAN had not been so eager to get some PR with their e-peen waving, I never would have known about these shenanigans.

The best alliances are those who can recognize their own errors and will work to correct them. That is why TGE has my respect and GRAN has none of it.

I didn't know Flinders even existed until that thread and I don't think Bob did either. If GRAN had not been so eager to get some PR with their e-peen waving, I never would have known about these shenanigans.

The best alliances are those who can recognize their own errors and will work to correct them. That is why TGE has my respect and GRAN has none of it.

My feelings exactly. I had no idea who Flinders was. I don't believe I have ever even seen him on the forums.

I'm not really sure what to say. I'm absolutely flabbergasted at the result of this and the amazing amount of effort show to a relative stranger in his time of need. I'm honestly pretty damn speechless here. What can I say except thank you? Thank you very, very much. You've given me hope where I thought there was none.

Though I would like to say that I will also be partaking in the payment of the 60 million as I could not possibly live with myself if I let others shoulder the entire load. I will be sending out at very least 6mil every ten days and more should I have the capability to do so. And I'll be taking a screen shot of every single one.

Edited by Captain Flinders

He owed them $60 apparently. Although they still have yet to show ANY evidence that supports the claims of the $60 million. Congrats GRAN, your plan of extortion worked... <_<

Edit: Still though, well done Bob.

Double Edit: I'll help pay off the debt as well.

Of course, Flinders proof was just as exacting...he guesses it was around 33 mil. both have very poor accounting skills.

But I wasn't the one sentencing them to ZI :awesome:

But you were the one being ZI'd, you were the one signing the contract to receive 60mil, you were the one buying the MP and the one leaving right afterwards. Would think given your "vast" experience you would expect to pay back what you received and would account for it from the begining. But from the begining you seemed rather astonished that they would expect you to return it at all. Very poor show on your part. Any statement about your leaving should have included a plan for paying back what you owed.

But you were the one being ZI'd, you were the one signing the contract to receive 60mil, you were the one buying the MP and the one leaving right afterwards. Would think given your "vast" experience you would expect to pay back what you received and would account for it from the begining. But from the begining you seemed rather astonished that they would expect you to return it at all. Very poor show on your part. Any statement about your leaving should have included a plan for paying back what you owed.

If you haven't read the thread where this was all exhausted already I urge you to do so.

Beyond that, your point is noted.

The added commentary that Athens would not have any interest in what we view as pure cyber-bullying without being allied to the Mushroom Kingdom was especially insulting as Athens has never and will never base her morals on whether or not they could cause us harm. This was added lulz since MK is our 4th largest ally in score. Sparta, GR, and DE will cry when they are made aware of this if they don't already know. :P

Furthermore Athens is of a similar sized to GRAN, so any ability for GRAN to do something to Athens would of course have to come from TPF and the Continuum. Oh the irony.

Anyway, classy move Bob. I salute you. If only more people in the world were like you, it would be a much better place.

As for you GRAN, I would be disappointed, but I never really have expected anything from you.

I do agree that it would have made things much easier if Flinders had kept logs, but to be honest, I don't usually screen shot any aid to or from my own alliance. If I do external tech deals, I always take screens.

Either:

1. Flinders deliberately scammed GRAN, gambled that nobody in GRAN would record any kind of proof, and is lying to cover it up.

2. Flinders had every intention of remaining GRAN when he received the money, fully trusted them, saw something he disagreed with severely enough to make him question the gov, and his decision to criticize/leave pissed the gov off so they extorted him.

It is possible that Captain Flinders is lying and that he never had any intention of staying once he received aid, but having seen the reactionary qualities of several GRAN gov members, option 2 is far more likely in my mind.