Tech scammer

erikz

Meh, chances are he was harmed on a past life [OOC]Reroll[OOC] by the powers the be or by any alliance that he's scamming. If that is in fact the case then I fully support and endorse him in his fights. :)

Besides this, I don't care for topics about a single person doing something fairly miniscule. Sanction him if you REALLY feel that he won't stop or have an ally sanction him, attack him if you want him to have punishment, but a topic like this is moderately useless IMO.

Then don't read them? It was pretty obvious from the title what the thread would be about. I find it useful to see the names of people I shouldn't send money to.

Pretty much this. When people go around offering to sell tech, you need to know who not to deal with.

Sorry Bob if my post was a bit murky, I could have made myself a tad bit more clear. Basically what I meant was, if an alliance is having trouble with someone who is stealing aid they can contact a senator on his color sphere to have a sanction placed upon him, thus limiting his ability to take aid until he moves to any sphere that isn't yellow or grey. They can attack him and the active wars with a large alliance should work as a ditterent to anyone willing to send to him. Or if he slips into peacemode then folks should probably not send him tech, as he has no reason to be there other than to hide from a war or maybe to look for an alliance. On those, people should probably not take the chance to begin with.

Some go as far as to only deal with people in their own alliance who are high up enough to not delete and trusted enough not to run off with the aid.

But IMO ingame action is all that is needed for such an offense. The forum has recently become a tad cluttered with topics like this that normally amount to flaming of the tech scammer or something along that line. Generally I ignore them but it gets to the point where you just get annoyed and decide to post your opinion on the topic and topics like this. o.o

But IMO ingame action is all that is needed for such an offense. The forum has recently become a tad cluttered with topics like this that normally amount to flaming of the tech scammer or something along that line. Generally I ignore them but it gets to the point where you just get annoyed and decide to post your opinion on the topic and topics like this. o.o

IMO that would have been okay if he had only been scamming the alliance he was in (iFOK) and not also foreigners.

I can understand your irritation about these topics, but in this case I found it a necessity to post this.

Meh, chances are he was harmed on a past life [OOC]Reroll[OOC] by the powers the be or by any alliance that he's scamming. If that is in fact the case then I fully support and endorse him in his fights. :)

Besides this, I don't care for topics about a single person doing something fairly miniscule. Sanction him if you REALLY feel that he won't stop or have an ally sanction him, attack him if you want him to have punishment, but a topic like this is moderately useless IMO.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=313090

I'm assuming this is his reroll. If I'm right, someone might wanna give the Viridian Entente some heads up on this scumbag.

If he just paid the technology as owed, there would have been no reason to kick him out of iFOK.

This thread is very interesting...

EDIT: I feel like actually saying something relevant now.

I did try to explain the situation, but you (iFok) didn't bother listening. If you're willing to listen, then please PM me on the IRC. That is the only place i will talk this over.

Edited by nayRi

This thread is very interesting...

EDIT: I feel like actually saying something relevant now.

I did try to explain the situation, but you (iFok) didn't bother listening. If you're willing to listen, then please PM me on the IRC. That is the only place i will talk this over.

*sigh* Do you really want us to have to post logs of the conversation where you said you weren't going to pay the technology to those you owed it to 'because you didn't feel like it'?

*sigh* Do you really want us to have to post logs of the conversation where you said you weren't going to pay the technology to those you owed it to 'because you didn't feel like it'?

I don't deny saying "because i didnt feel like it"- Why? Its simple. I don't feel like sending tech to someone in which there is no evidence the deal ever took place. I go by my foreign aid list in this case.

There may be a chance i deleted whoever from my foreign aid list while clearing out the deals i had already paid up for, though i think its unlikely but probably the only reasonable explanation.

So, if you can provide proof this deal happened i'll gladly pay up. Hell i'm going to go through my logs to see if i can find this person i supposedly 'scammed' but that will all depend on having communicated to this guy over irc or not.. a name would help speed up the process...

I don't deny saying "because i didnt feel like it"- Why? Its simple. I don't feel like sending tech to someone in which there is no evidence the deal ever took place. I go by my foreign aid list in this case.

There may be a chance i deleted whoever from my foreign aid list while clearing out the deals i had already paid up for, though i think its unlikely but probably the only reasonable explanation.

So, if you can provide proof this deal happened i'll gladly pay up. Hell i'm going to go through my logs to see if i can find this person i supposedly 'scammed' but that will all depend on having communicated to this guy over irc or not.. a name would help speed up the process...

That's a pathetic excuse, and you know it.

You know damn well that money was sent to you, and you know damn well you should send the technology.

Also, in the logs I referred to earlier, you made it patently obvious that you owed technology to several nations, and that you would not be sending it to them.

When I speak to the person in posession of those logs again, I will post them here.

Edit: Actually, found the logs on the iFOK Boards. (Important sections bolded)

[04:17] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> could you send 50 tech to sithief?

[04:18] <nayRi> Oh hes started bugging you about that?

[04:19] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> yup :P

[04:19] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> he was a fellow FOK member

[04:19] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> he's a nice guy

[04:19] <nayRi> I did tell him earlier I was busy doing corsework

[04:20] <nayRi> coursework*

[04:20] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> yup i know

[04:20] <nayRi> I guess some people like that are impatient.

[04:20] <nayRi> 'was'?

[04:20] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> but please send it as soon as you got the chance will you

[04:20] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> he arranges a lot of deals for us

[04:20] <nayRi> I see.

[04:20] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> so we have to be reliable :)

[04:20] <nayRi> So what happens if i was to say "no" ?

[04:23] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> listen, tech deals is kind of important for the older nations

[04:23] <nayRi> I know this

[04:23] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> most people find it very important to get their tech exactly 10 days after they sent the money

[04:23] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> because they plan their slots, and they want to have them free on certain days, for certain aid and stuff

[04:23] <nayRi> Please.. stop telling me what i already know.

[04:23] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> oke

[04:24] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> but then you know it's important to send the tech in time

[04:24] <nayRi> Yep.

[04:24] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> now i don't mind if nations are 1 or 2 days late occasionally

[04:24] <nayRi> I didnt plan on sending him tech back.

[04:24] <nayRi> and i dont currently plan to.

[04:24] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> but the more tech deals go 'wrong', the less deals we get

[04:24] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> do you owe him tech?

[04:25] <nayRi> I'm not too sure.

[04:25] <nayRi> Let me see.

[04:26] <nayRi> Apparently so..

[04:26] <nayRi> But anyways, I don't plan on sending him it.

[04:27] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> why not?

[04:28] <nayRi> I don't feel like it.

[04:29] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> nayri, there is really no option of doing it, or not doing it

[04:29] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> you're basicly stealing 3m if you don't

[04:32] <nayRi> Am i meant to care?

[04:32] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> nayRi for f*cks sake

[04:32] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> i don't want to threaten you

[04:32] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> but if you don't do it, you're out of iFOK

[04:32] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> and i'll give them permission to attack you

[04:32] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> i really don't want to do that

[04:32] <nayRi> I see

[04:33] <nayRi> I wonder how long i'd last

[04:33] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> we have invested a lot in you

[04:33] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> about 2 days

[04:34] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> don't throw it all away, there will probably be a war within a month, let your infra get blown away with honor

[04:35] <nayRi> lol @ honor

[04:35] <Roeland|Spaarlaamp|iFOK> well with a good reason, at least

[04:36] <nayRi> It would be a good reason

[04:36] <nayRi> If i was to go to war with iFok

[04:36] <nayRi> I guess i could put what i've learnt so far into action

[04:36] <nayRi> I like to test myself

[04:37] <nayRi> Set unrealistic goals

[04:37] <nayRi> and accomplish them

[04:38] <nayRi> Besides, I only listen to Mike

[04:38] <nayRi> :)

[04:38] <nayRi> This conversation is over.

Edited by Arrnea

That's a pathetic excuse, and you know it.

You know damn well that money was sent to you, and you know damn well you should send the technology.

Also, in the logs I referred to earlier, you made it patently obvious that you owed technology to several nations, and that you would not be sending it to them.

When I speak to the person in posession of those logs again, I will post them here.

Edit: Actually, found the logs on the iFOK Boards. (Important sections bolded)

Then i did owe him tech; assuming them logs havent been modified in anyway.

But it still isnt solid proof.

Then i did owe him tech; assuming them logs havent been modified in anyway.

But it still isnt solid proof.

If the logs are unmodified (and since a Gov member of a stable alliance is certainly more trustworthy than someone who has been said to be a tech thief by multiple Gov members of said alliance, they can be assumed as such), it is most certainly solid proof of your techthiefery.

So sit down, shut up, and enjoy ZI.

</thread>

Edited by Arrnea

If the logs are unmodified (and since a Gov member of a stable alliance is certainly more trustworthy than someone who has been said to be a tech thief by multiple Gov members of said alliance, they can be assumed as such), it is most certainly solid proof of your techthiefery.

So sit down, shut up, and enjoy ZI.

</thread>

1) Ever heard of people abusing trust? I have

2) I guess we'll never know if i owed tech to such an such.

3) Please do have fun reducing me to "ZI", assuming you can find my new username and nation that is...

4) I'm sorry to all the nations that may of lost tech as a result of iFok attacking me due to them literally forcing(so to speak) me to delete Tsuchi.

To iFok: I'll keep my thoughts to myself on this one; since you're not worth getting banned over.