The Ulster Rebellion

Margrave

*Donegal, Ireland*

The regional Irish had suffered a great deal in their history; oppression and invasion, the erasing of their culture, and finally the extinguishing of any education or training on what it meant to be Irish. And while the Dun Carrig government had slowly lapsed, the peace it had instituted had spread, the soldiers of Taunas discovering peaceful hamlets doing trade with each other and large cities run by independently voted councils. In short, the region had taken care of itself quite well..and the invasion had angered them to no end.

So now, here in Donegal and across the Ulster Territories, rag-tag groups of militia joined forces with more professional military personnel, beginning a counter-strike against Taunas's invasion forces. In Belfast, the Ulster Council had been called, the independent forces and organizations of Northern Ireland coming together in order to decide a way to settle things once and for all, and healing the ancient divisions of their land.

Shortly after, a message was broadcast via radio, from a voice claiming to speak for the Irish Royal Army; these men still believed in a chief, a strong leader and guide over all of Eire (or at least the parts they possessed), and they were willing to defend their home..to the death.

"To The Invading Forces, And To The World"

"We are the Irish Royal Army. We demand the following: End of the oppression of Ireland. Free our territory from your grasp, and let us live in peace.

"Freedom, and then peace. If you refuse to join us...we have the needed equipment and willpower to fight back.

God Be With Us,

The Royal Irish Army.

OOC: I'm not recognizing this. I told you I wasnt going to "sell" it to you, so you try this? No.

OOC: Hey, all's fair in love and war. The Missouri nation rp is dead due to several members leaving...it was supposed to be a long term rp, heavy on the realism, but it degraded and now it's over. I am now legitimately roleplaying a revolution, having no land for myself (And almost zip in population, seeing as I gave them all to Sarah and have been reduced to rping as a character of her nation) so I've decided I want some Irish Territory....and since you don't want to give it away, I'll see if I can take it by trial-of-arms. If not, so sad, right?

IC:

*In Ulster*

The Irish Royal Army was no grand show of banners and thousands of men; indeed, barely 1500 stood underneath its banners, backed by lesser aggressor forces. They had met together at Belfast, and were now beginning to train together, country folk with old rifles and a few pistols. A few oldsters who might have seen the Deutcheland conflict in the deep past, yelling out orders, instructing the men to drill and train.

Several town councils and lone Mayor's were gathering in Belfast, muttered talks and bar-room arguments evolving into a ragged political discussion, slowly being legitimized by the participation of prominent locals and outside Councilmen and Bossmen. What could emerge from this? Would Ireland, or at least Ulster, finally be free?

The Molakian Goverment is apauled by this situation. We cannot believe either side would resort to violence.

----Classified----

A small boatload of guns and ammo make their way to Belfast.....as do a few shoulder launched AA Missles.

OOC: Also as this can be classed as a military force/uprising by choosing to not accept it Margrave would have an auto win.

OOC: well, technically it's still his land, so it's his right to determine if there's an uprising...but it would be more sporting to acknoledge that it is happening.

OOC: well, technically it's still his land, so it's his right to determine if there's an uprising...but it would be more sporting to acknoledge that it is happening.

OOC: No no its like someone invading just its an invasion from the inside. If I said I was to invade you right now and you ignored me I would get the auto win same here

OOC: No no its like someone invading just its an invasion from the inside. If I said I was to invade you right now and you ignored me I would get the auto win same here

OOC: No, it's not like that at all. You invading me, yeah, I would acknowledge it, though I wouldn't like it. However, this is comparable to someone (Let's say you, as we've already used you in one example :P) RP'ing my own citizens rising up against my government.

OOC: No, it's not like that at all. You invading me, yeah, I would acknowledge it, though I wouldn't like it. However, this is comparable to someone (Let's say you, as we've already used you in one example :P) RP'ing my own citizens rising up against my government.

OOC: Whch is allowed as it was said the ways for new people to start is to claim unclaimed land OR to start a rebellion within some one elses land. Otherwise once we have zero unclaimed land new players are not allowed. So this is legal.

OOC: Whch is allowed as it was said the ways for new people to start is to claim unclaimed land OR to start a rebellion within some one elses land. Otherwise once we have zero unclaimed land new players are not allowed. So this is legal.

OOC: The thing is, Margrave is not a new player, and he's RP'ing someone else's citizens without their consent. Which he should know by now, as he's been around long enough, is a big no-no. ^_^ Never mind, I didn;t know the full situation. Current ownership is being debated in the Map thread.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

The Tahoe Republic, the longest standing free and independent nation of, by and for Irishman in the world (due to its establishment as the Republic of New Ireland in the 1840's by Irish republicans seeking freedom from British Oppression) calls for peace in our native land.

It would be unfortunate if we felt violence was out of hand and saw the need to restore peace to Ireland through force. Thus, we call on the so called Royal Irish Army to disband and cease combat operations. Ireland MUST and WILL be free and united. No man has the right to split Ireland and it will not be tolerated. We will not allow the homeland to fall into dispair.

We will not, however, allow for oppression and tyranny to take place in Ireland after centuries of fighting for our freedom. We, the Tahoe Republic, took initiative and forged our own path of freedom. Our brothers who remained suffered under British rule until final independence. All those gains will not be erased.

Therefore, both parties will refrain from fighting and send dignataries to Cruachan, in Tahoe, to discuss a peaceful solution to this problem. We await your responses and diplomats.

Taoiseach Sean O'Deaghaidh

Priomh Aire Kieran Kelly

The Tahoe Republic, the longest standing free and independent nation of, by and for Irishman in the world (due to its establishment as the Republic of New Ireland in the 1840's by Irish republicans seeking freedom from British Oppression) calls for peace in our native land.

It would be unfortunate if we felt violence was out of hand and saw the need to restore peace to Ireland through force. Thus, we call on the so called Royal Irish Army to disband and cease combat operations. Ireland MUST and WILL be free and united. No man has the right to split Ireland and it will not be tolerated. We will not allow the homeland to fall into dispair.

We will not, however, allow for oppression and tyranny to take place in Ireland after centuries of fighting for our freedom. We, the Tahoe Republic, took initiative and forged our own path of freedom. Our brothers who remained suffered under British rule until final independence. All those gains will not be erased.

Therefore, both parties will refrain from fighting and send dignataries to Cruachan, in Tahoe, to discuss a peaceful solution to this problem. We await your responses and diplomats.

Taoiseach Sean O'Deaghaidh

Priomh Aire Kieran Kelly

Hmm. While we admire your willingness to help...that sounded an awful lot like not only a threat to both parties, but a command. Do we detect an imperious note in your voice?

You would be correct. It will not stand to allow violence to destablize Ireland and we will not accept any alternative to diplomacy. We, as the leading Irish nation in the world, can offer a forum for the two sides to come together and arrive at a solution acceptable to ALL parties. It is neccessary, however, that both sides understand our desire for a peaceful Ireland is great enough that if the two sides cannot come to a ceasefire, their capability to exist may have to be removed and replaced with a more reasonable government.

ADI would like it to be known that we support the revolting matter in spirit, but will not interfere with the preceding. That said, we agree with Tahoe in the sense that an agreement should be made in a bloodless way, but an American nation should not moderate it by any means.

OOC: Margrave, I recently got a piece of land down in North Africa that I'm giving almost all of up, if this doesn't work, you can take it :awesome:

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Why must the Americas find it needed to get their hands into a EUROPEAN issue? I propose a EUROPEAN summit meeting to deal with this issue....and any potential Tahoe Agression into the lands.

Molakia takes a stand now: We would rather perish then to see Europe be subject to the wills of Tahoe, Francoism...or any outside power.

You would be correct. It will not stand to allow violence to destablize Ireland and we will not accept any alternative to diplomacy. We, as the leading Irish nation in the world, can offer a forum for the two sides to come together and arrive at a solution acceptable to ALL parties. It is neccessary, however, that both sides understand our desire for a peaceful Ireland is great enough that if the two sides cannot come to a ceasefire, their capability to exist may have to be removed and replaced with a more reasonable government.

While we can understand your connection to the homeland of your ancestors...it is no longer your homeland. you took the land you now currently possess and made it your own. You have no right to interfere in what goes on in Europe unless it threatens to spread. Diplomacy is what should be tried here, yes, but not under threat of force from you.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Glorious Aotearoa is highly dismayed our celtic brethren feel it necessary to devolve into violence. We support the Tahoe Republic, and call for peace among our brothers.

***Classified***

Seeing this, Promised Land's DEFCON level is raised to 3...just in case.

Why must the Americas find it needed to get their hands into a EUROPEAN issue? I propose a EUROPEAN summit meeting to deal with this issue....and any potential Tahoe Agression into the lands.

This is not a European issue. It is an Irish issue. That is why you will have no say in the matter, nor will any other nation.