Manila Conference.

Cataduanes

As part of our discussions in the Khabarovsk conference i have convened this meeting for the Philippines Freestate, Republic of Tanis and Confucianism for discussing the partition and future of the former UFE territories in Indochina with the meeting to be chaired by General Erramun Sendoa, commander in chief of the Philippines.

This meeting will take place in Manila and delegations from Tanis and Confucianism are formally invited, we will also be welcoming low level delegates from the rest of Asia and Australasia to attend as observers to the proceedings if they so wish.

In order to outline the purpose of this meeting the topics for discussion is the partition of former UFE territories in the Southeast Asian region;

1. The entirety of the Malaya peninsular which includes the southern provinces of Thailand and a portion of southern Burma will pass to the Philippines Freestate. (Green on the map below).

2. The remainder of Thailand including the city of Bangkok will pass to Confucianism (Blue on the map below).

3. Singapore to be passed to Tanis control subject to agreement on whether to hold a referendum. (Red on the map below).

4. The Remainder of Burma to held as a joint Tanis-Filipino protectorate, with a referendum to be held at a later date on the future of the territory. (Orange on the map below).

5. Laos and North Vietnam to pass to Confucianism either as acquired territory or as a protectorate.

6. Southern Vietnam (incl. Saigon/Ho Chi Minh) and Cambobia to come under a Filipino Protectorate.

CopyofIndochinapartition2.jpg

If we are in agreement on most of the points then we can confirm this immediately, however what must be hammered out is point 3, I suggest we invite the Asian and Australasian nations to provide observers to oversee the referendum on Singapore's future unless we decide to forgo that and to back Tanis's claims unreservedly.

At present Singapore is currently held by Neo Japanese forces backed up by a regiment of Filipino Marines as a peacekeeping measure while to our knowledge only remnants of UFE military and police are maintaining order in Thailand and Burma.

To further elaborate on point 4 what we are suggesting will be a joint occupation with Tanisian and Filipino troops acting as peacekeepers, in no way do we envisage a permanent occupation of Burma (OOC: plenty of scope for an RP insurgency no :D)

Part of our thinking in this regard is to show the international community that Southeast Asia is united in its efforts to ensure stability and prosperity in the region and with the Philippines and Tanis forming the core of Southeast Asia I believe it would be good exercise in co-operation between our respective nations.

Anyway we shall await the arrival of the delegations.

OOC: Sumeragi, is the proposed division ok for the global map? i.e does it meet your stringent standards ;):P

Edited by Cataduanes

OOC: Mind using my carefully made map which is posted in the map thread :P

But yes, I'll accept whatever agreements comes out of this, AS LONG AS IT IS DONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ;)

Also, will this conference handle what will be done to the geographical Indochina area?

Edited by Sumeragi

OOC: Dammit! i was working off the wrong map, i failed to realize the extent of UFE territories to be decided :( :(. OK i will tweak the OP a little ;)

EDIT: Added points 5 and 6 which cover Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. Southern Szechuan/Yunnan and Eastern Canton does not fall under the remit of Indochina/Southeast Asia so they can be decided by the Khabarovsk conference.

Edited by Cataduanes

OOC: isn't this made a little redundant by the Khabarovsk Conference?

OOC: No. Most of the accepted proposals were giving specific territory to regional powers so THEY could decide what do with it; the Kharbarovsk meeting was to ensure the security of the land, get in any claims, and then be able to let it be. Meetings like this one are for regional powers only so that they can nail down the specifics

OOC: No. Most of the accepted proposals were giving specific territory to regional powers so THEY could decide what do with it; the Kharbarovsk meeting was to ensure the security of the land, get in any claims, and then be able to let it be. Meetings like this one are for regional powers only so that they can nail down the specifics

OOC: OK, fair enough. So who all is supposed to be attending this one?

I see, this is not the impression we were labouring under, i suppose that leaves the points pertaining to Burma and Thailand redundant. Therefore the Philippines would like the AC to clarify the Malaya peninsular situation, will we be allowed to take control of the peninsular including the southern Thai and Burmese provinces??

OK, so that leaves the points regarding Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia intact, and of course the Singapore question which tbh we would prefer handing to Tanis unless the international community is deadset on a referendum.

"As long as the People of Singapore aren't dead set against being under Tanis, we see nothing wrong with them obtaining the territory."

Ok here is a final proposal; the AC of course retains the protectorates in Burma and Thailand (minus their southern provinces on the Malaya Peninsular). While Confucianism now receives the whole of Vietnam and Laos, while we shall secure the northern half of the Malaya peninsular and Cambodia (the latter becoming a Filipino protectorate rather than being included formally into the Freestate) and Tanis shall receive Singapore.

CopyofIndochinapartitionrevised.jpg

AC = Grey, Philippines = Green, Blue = Confucianism

In regards to Singapore we now find the idea of a referendum untenable given that someone is bound to be unhappy with the result and propose allowing Tanis to take control with international observers present to ensure that the civilians are integrated in a fair and just manner, with Tanis being a republic we are confident that the population of Singapore will have full access to democracy.

However in light of Confucianism’s current indecision (OOC: No doubt their delegation will be around soon enough) we move to seal an agreement in regards to the Republic of Tanis and Philippines claims. While of course we will wait on our fellow delegates to comment we are anxious to ensure a swift transfer of authority, every moment lost makes the humanitarian needs of the region more heavy (OOC: Not to mention Sumeragi is waiting on this to complete the Southeast Asia portion of the map).

A delegate from IndoChina wishes to attend, to discuss the possibility of jointly protecting Burma as well.

Your are most welcome to attend however the status of Burma is the preserve of the AC, i would suggest you talk directly to them.

Ok here is a final proposal; the AC of course retains the protectorates in Burma and Thailand (minus their southern provinces on the Malaya Peninsular). While Confucianism now receives the whole of Vietnam and Laos, while we shall secure the northern half of the Malaya peninsular and Cambodia (the latter becoming a Filipino protectorate rather than being included formally into the Freestate) and Tanis shall receive Singapore.

CopyofIndochinapartitionrevised.jpg

AC = Grey, Philippines = Green, Blue = Confucianism

In regards to Singapore we now find the idea of a referendum untenable given that someone is bound to be unhappy with the result and propose allowing Tanis to take control with international observers present to ensure that the civilians are integrated in a fair and just manner, with Tanis being a republic we are confident that the population of Singapore will have full access to democracy.

However in light of Confucianism’s current indecision (OOC: No doubt their delegation will be around soon enough) we move to seal an agreement in regards to the Republic of Tanis and Philippines claims. While of course we will wait on our fellow delegates to comment we are anxious to ensure a swift transfer of authority, every moment lost makes the humanitarian needs of the region more heavy (OOC: Not to mention Sumeragi is waiting on this to complete the Southeast Asia portion of the map).

Your are most welcome to attend however the status of Burma is the preserve of the AC, i would suggest you talk directly to them.

EDIT:

Alright nvm entirely on this. UFE didn't own either. My mistake, please continue

Edited by Lord Frost

"We state IndoChina's wish to expand the Tibet protectorate to cover Yunnan"

*Message from Altin Urda*

Be content with your Tibetian Protectorate.

OOC: Yunnan is under the collective protectorate of RUSSIAN, Manchuria, Neo Japan, and the various Chinese States. You will not be getting it without our permission, Niko.

Also, one more time: Is Pacifism moving or expanding? If he's expanding, I'm going to have to deny it.

Edited by Sumeragi

Considering the lack of opposition to our proposal regaridng SIngapore we will begin plans for the transfer of authority, we suggest all those nations who wish to place observers during the transfer to do so, provisions are in place to receive any such delegations and security will be guaranteed by our Marines currently in Singapore.

Regarding concerns about Confucianism's ability to maintain law and order among other things in Laos and Vietnam we are in some respects in ageement, perhaps the international communtiy would like to suggest a solution to how Lao's and Vietnam should be partitioned?

Furthermore our armed forces have been instructed to dispatch forces to the Malaya peninsualr and Cambodia to take possesion, with the latter becoming a fully autonomous protectorate.

---Classified message to the republic of Tanis---

We fully intend to hand over power to you our regional ally, to facilitate the transfer we suggest a phased intetgration with your government organs coming infirst, and to be followed by the Police and finally your armed forces. Once the final stage is completed our own forces in the city will conduct a formal handover ceremony and begin pulling out.

Edited by Cataduanes