Announcement from Comrade Craig

Comrade Craig

Lets see if we have everything here.

Public apology, Check

Peacefull resolution, Check

VE, OV, ODN and, The International having come to an agreement, Check

Electron Sponge trying to annoy everybody after said agreement is reached.... Check

All this thread needs is a post by doitzel and this thread can be locked.

Edited by leprecon

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sponge, you must understand that coming into a thread blazing with misinformed judgments and demands is not going to fly well with people you are trying to get information from. We aren't an alliance that is always trying to hide all of our dirty business and all that, we've aired it before. Leaders on all sides agreed to keep the flow of information minimal because it wouldn't have helped anybody. There isn't always an evil person to accuse all of the time. You can't expect to be presented any information you want on a silver platter if you can't show respect to those you are requesting it from.

As I stated before, neither side felt the details needed to be public as no one actually wanted the situation to be inflamed any further then it already was. Furthermore, the situation was very long and detailed...the public apology was merely a gesture of Craigs sincerity, and it is done.

If you are truly concerned you are welcome to come find me in #ve.

Public Apologies attract the Sponge like nothing else.

Craig is a great player and a great person, and made a sacrifice that we didn't ask for for the alliance, and for that we are greatly indebted to him.

i'm happy to see positive posts from old IRON friends :3

i hope next time we talk to VE and OV it will be over more pleasant things.

Sponge may have misconceptions about the incident which culminated in this apology, but he does have a point in saying that if all parties involved didn't want this incident and apology to be made a public matter, then they shouldn't have opened a discussion regarding them on public forums. Nondisclosure is a great policy and all, but publicity certainly isn't good for it.

That said, congratulations on resolving this.

So why post this on here without telling anyone the back story? If you are going to keep all the details private then you should have kept Craig's genuflection private as well. I realize that public humiliation of your opponents is all the rage around here but it really doesn't work well if no one knows or cares what is going on.

I'm hearing something about VE wanting more tech reparations and Craig getting ODN involved, which led to VE demanding either Craig be ZI'ed or The International be attacked. I've also heard that VE weren't exactly in the mood to compromise on this so looks like they did the math and realized that they might be about to bite off more than they could chew. That could be a little off base but I do hear lots of things.

Knew something like this was coming. Not sure if this is the appropriate time and/or place for this.

Anyway, Craig, many props for your humility and stones to admit when you were wrong. This is a fine example on how to right a wrong.

Edited by lmcfalcon12

That has already been posted and addressed Gatherum, do try to keep up :P

I have indeed hit a new level of laziness...I couldn't read through four pages. :P

Am I still in b4 "NO U, IT'S FAKE, U ROTE IT, PICZ OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN"?

Interesting description, care to elaborate further on exactly who that is in reference to

No, but I'll give you a hint. They:

• Came into negotiations late that didn't involve them.
  • Tried to dissaude a SF applicant from joining our bloc by trolling all of us, including referring to Ragnarok as "\m/" and a bunch of worthless thieves.
  • The same geniuses who thought that convincing Legion to attack VE with them would gurantee them the win this time.

Your government needs to check itself before it runs/throws you bodily into a brick wall. VE showed a lot more restraint than I would've with you people.

Edited by Xiphosis

No, but I'll give you a hint. They:

• Came into negotiations late that didn't involve them.
  • Tried to dissaude a SF applicant from joining our bloc by trolling all of us, including referring to Ragnarok as "\m/" and a bunch of worthless thieves.
  • The same geniuses who thought that convincing Legion to attack VE with them would gurantee them the win this time.

Your government needs to check itself before it runs/throws you bodily into a brick wall. VE showed a lot more restraint than I would've with you people.

man thats certainly an angle but hey its everyones right to have an opinion, as for restraint i think some was needed on both sides...and NO ONE thought to convince Legion to attack VE, that accusation is pure fantasy.

As for the Ragnorak i had no idea of such a comment but if you have proof then by all means show me it by PM, and thanks for the brick wall comment...your advice will be taken into consideration Xiphosis, cheers.

Edited by Cataduanes