The Treaty of LoZen

My fellow cyberdenizens. I come to you on an auspicious occasion as I have the honor of announcing the maturation of Zenith's relationship with one of our close friends. Our relationship with LoSS evolved from my personal relationship with DW to a feeling of mutual respect and trust between our two alliances. We signed an ODP early last month and kept in close contact after that treaty. When Zenith had some issues with other alliances on Planet Bob, LoSS was there with our MDP+ allies offering assistance. This fact was not lost on the Zenith government. So when the chance came to update this treaty, we were happy to do so. I give you:

The Treaty of LoZen

Logo3.jpg220px-Newzenflag.png

Preamble

Both the Zenith and League of Small Superpowers (LoSS), in order to formalize a general feeling of friendship and camaraderie between our two alliances and to further promote our common goals, do hereby commit to this treaty.

Article I: Non-Aggression and Friendship

The undersigned agree to abstain from aggressive military action and all forms of espionage against each other, and will maintain courteous relations in all public and private venues. All differences between the undersigned will be dealt with in private.

Article II: Aid

The undersigned alliances are encouraged, but not required, to provide economic and diplomatic aid when requested by the other signatory.

Article III: Defense

If another party takes aggressive action against one of the undersigned, the other shall provide moral, diplomatic, and military support as requested. Additionally, an attack upon either party shall give rise to an independent casus belli for the other signatory, irrespective of requested support.

Military action taken to honor other treaty obligations shall be treated as an aggressive action for the purposes of this agreement. Additionally, attacks that are in retaliation for the aggressive military action of one of the signatories shall be treated as aggressive action.

Article IV: Aggressive Action

In the event that a signatory decides to take aggressive military action against another party, the other signatory may, at its discretion, provide whatever aid is deemed necessary, up to and including joining in the military action. The undersigned are highly encouraged to consult with the other before engaging in any aggressive military action.

Article V: Espionage

The undersigned recognizes that espionage against other sovereign alliances is neither honorable nor desirable; as such, the undersigned pledge not to engage in such activities.

Article VI: Sovereignty

The undersigned recognize and respect the sovereignty of the other and agree not to interfere with the internal affairs or political independence of the other signatory. Obligations arising from other agreements between the undersigned shall not be considered interference for this purpose.

Article VII: Cancellation

If either signatory finds that this agreement is no longer in their best interest, they may cancel the agreement with seventy-two (72) hours written notice, or immediately by mutual consent.

Any violation of Articles I, III, V or VI of this agreement shall give the non-violating signatory cause to cancel this agreement immediately.

Signed for LoSS:

Jaaku - Princeps

PHD - Consul

Drugsup - Consul

Lord Slade - Consul

DWtheGreat - Prefect of Foreign Affairs

Signed for Zenith:

Triumvirate

Executive Triumvir: Suvorov

External Triumvir: Duncan King

Internal Triumvir: Metictype

Council of Ministers

Minister of Defense: Brian Reimer

Minister of Development: The Joker23

Minister of Domestic Affairs: Skippy

Minister of Finance: Gogeta

Minister of Foreign Affairs: KujaSin

*** Portmanteau="Portmanteau word" is used to describe a linguistic blend, namely "a word formed by blending sounds from two or more distinct words and combining their meanings.